Auburn CVM c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know anything about how many initial acceptances, how many are on the waitlist, how much does the waitlist move type information?
I'd like to know if waiting is at all realistic :(
Is it possible to call and ask them?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on 5 different waitlists (now including Auburn)...Is there a medal for that or something? :rofl:
Auburn is my 3rd waitlist so I know how it feels! Still have one more school to hear from but I’m anticipating that will be a waitlist too... so nothing but waiting still

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oos alternare but I’ll be giving my spot up

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many on average they put on the waitlist for OOS and how many they usually get to?

Is there anyone that is OOS that was accepted and will be declining your spot? Keep us updated :)

Is there anyone that is OOS that was accepted and will be declining your spot? Keep us updated :)

Me! I've already accepted a seat at my in-state. I'll keep my fingers crossed one of you SDN folks gets my place!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how many KY residents are being interviewed this year??

I am also OOS accepted and will be declining my spot since I got in to my state school as well. Good luck to anyone on the waitlist :claps:

Auburn Cvm c/o 2022
Forum moved... Updated link
I’m not necessarily sure that’s going to be necessary. I’m sure your school will arrange a Facebook group/ something similar, plus the sheer lack of numbers for Auburn people on SDN who have already been accepted for c/o 2022 is very low, not enough to justify a completely separate thread. I don’t want to come off rude, I think it’ll be a lot less confusing if you’ll keep it in the original applicants thread. At least with the last several years, you find that you hardly use the individual school threads after acceptances and you move to the general 2022 thread (Probably because you see your classmates enough as it is, you definitely don’t want to engage it further socialization online. :laugh:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not necessarily sure that’s going to be necessary. I’m sure your school will arrange a Facebook group/ something similar, plus the sheer lack of numbers for Auburn people on SDN who have already been accepted for c/o 2022 is very low, not enough to justify a completely separate thread. I don’t want to come off rude, I think it’ll be a lot less confusing if you’ll keep it in the original applicants thread. At least with the last several years, you find that you hardly use the individual school threads after acceptances and you move to the general 2022 thread (Probably because you see your classmates enough as it is, you definitely don’t want to engage it further socialization online. :laugh:)
Only oos students have been offered so far. Further students will be offered with wait-list spots opening up and is and KY students. Until a Facebook group by the college is started I felt like it might be a good place to talk about expectations and plans for moving to the Auburn area. I was trying to open up a group where that excitement wouldn't be rubbing it in the faces of people still waiting to hear and junking up this thread.

Furthermore future classes and current students can ask questions of the class. These individuals wouldn't necessarily be interested in this current thread. Open house is a long way away and I don't expect the Facebook page to be up for months.

Only oos students have been offered so far. Further students will be offered with wait-list spots opening up and is and KY students. Until a Facebook group by the college is started I felt like it might be a good place to talk about expectations and plans for moving to the Auburn area. I was trying to open up a group where that excitement wouldn't be rubbing it in the faces of people still waiting to hear and junking up this thread.
For every other school, accepted students just continue posting in the applicants thread until classes start. Like cdo said, a separate thread isn't really necessary considering the generally small numbers of people that post on here from each class.

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted OOS at Auburn last Thursday! First school I was accepted to but still waiting to hear from 3 more schools after interviews. If I do get accepted to any of the other schools I will be giving up my OOS spot at Auburn.

To my fellow waitlisters, I have emailed Tajuan about some waitlist stats like how many there are of us ECT. But still no answer. I'm trying yall :laugh:

To my fellow waitlisters, I have emailed Tajuan about some waitlist stats like how many there are of us ECT. But still no answer. I'm trying yall :laugh:
Hopefully he will tell you SOMETHING but I called Monday and they are locked tight. Wouldn’t reveal how many on the waitlist or how many usually get pulled or anything :(

Hopefully he will tell you SOMETHING but I called Monday and they are locked tight. Wouldn’t reveal how many on the waitlist or how many usually get pulled or anything :(

Alas, that's what I was afraid of :( Does anyone know if they wait until April 15th to start moving their waitlist?

From previous years it looks like they did make some calls before the deadline and then the rest after. Some people were called off the waitlist before and were given until April 15 to accept the offer (previous year).

Has anyone been notified about "late" interviews from Auburn University SVM.??

Does Auburn require a deposit to secure your spot?

I was accepted oos but I am a very high ranking alternate for my IS, which doesn't seem to pull off the waitlist until after April 15 :(. I'll probably end up having to accept Auburn's offer and then feel like a jerk for backing out if/when I get an offer from my IS. :(

Does Auburn require a deposit to secure your spot?

I was accepted oos but I am a very high ranking alternate for my IS, which doesn't seem to pull off the waitlist until after April 15 :(. I'll probably end up having to accept Auburn's offer and then feel like a jerk for backing out if/when I get an offer from my IS. :(
Don’t feel like a jerk!!! Accept the spot and then if you get pulled off, tell auburn you’re declining your spot because you got into your in state. You’ll lose a deposit if there is one, but in the long run if your IS is cheaper it won’t matter so muc. SO MANY people do this every year because you want to ensure you go somewhere in the fall. You can always wait until closer to the deadline to accept your auburn spot on the off chance that your IS calls you before the deadline. Congratulations on your acceptance and your waitlist position!!!

Hey everyone! Congrats on your acceptances and I hope to see you all here in Auburn in the fall! As for everyone on the waitlist, I just wanted to extend a bit of hope: I was on the OOS waitlist and got my call from Tajuan on April 7th. My OOS friend got her call two days before the April 15th deadline. I know how hard it is to be patient- trust me I KNOW! But please don't give up hope!

Someone above asked about if Auburn requires a security deposit. Technically your deposit is ordering the laptop that all incoming students must have- at least for our class there was no "formal" deposit that needed to be made.

If anyone has any more questions about AUCVM or Auburn in general please ask! I can't rave enough about it!:)

Reactions: 3 users
I just took this from the successful applicants stats '21 and simplified it, so you can look through that thread and see the entirety of my post. I'd like to say that it doesn't do much good to compare yourself to everyone else. Throughout the application cycle, I stressed out constantly about my low GPA and I got 2 flat out rejection letters before getting my interview offers. Just put everything and anything on your application that will make you stand out, and be confident :) You can always PM me if you need help with anything on your app. Also, keep in mind I was a KY resident, therefore I had less competition since I was only competing for a spot with other people from my state rather than an at large applicant. The interview also matters in terms of judging if you would be a good fit at the school. It all depends on what the admissions committee is looking for in terms of their class.

Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA: 3.07
Organic/Physics/Biochem GPA: ~3.7
Last 45 GPA: 3.43
GRE (Q/V/W): 149 (35%) / 152 (55%) / 4.5 (82%)
Veterinary Experience: SA vet assistant for a year; assistant at an animal research lab for about a year; shadowed an equine vet and emergency SA vet (same person); shadowed another vet at a SA clinic
Animal Experience: Dog bather at PetSmart; Volunteer at a Brazilian wildlife sanctuary; volunteer at a horse barn, humane society volunteer
Research Experience: Research assistant in the Brazilian Atlantic Rainforest studying endangered monkeys; research assistant with captive orangutans at the zoo; same laboratory job as stated above; research assistant at the same wildlife sanctuary
Non-Animal Volunteering: Camp counselor at a summer camp for Autistic children
LORs: Small Animal Vet, Pre-Vet advisor and lab animal vet, Genetics professor, Primatologist from Brazil

I just took this from the successful applicants stats '21 and simplified it, so you can look through that thread and see the entirety of my post. I'd like to say that it doesn't do much good to compare yourself to everyone else. Throughout the application cycle, I stressed out constantly about my low GPA and I got 2 flat out rejection letters before getting my interview offers. Just put everything and anything on your application that will make you stand out, and be confident :) You can always PM me if you need help with anything on your app. Also, keep in mind I was a KY resident, therefore I had less competition since I was only competing for a spot with other people from my state rather than an at large applicant. The interview also matters in terms of judging if you would be a good fit at the school. It all depends on what the admissions committee is looking for in terms of their class.

Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA: 3.07
Organic/Physics/Biochem GPA: ~3.7
Last 45 GPA: 3.43
GRE (Q/V/W): 149 (35%) / 152 (55%) / 4.5 (82%)
Veterinary Experience: SA vet assistant for a year; assistant at an animal research lab for about a year; shadowed an equine vet and emergency SA vet (same person); shadowed another vet at a SA clinic
Animal Experience: Dog bather at PetSmart; Volunteer at a Brazilian wildlife sanctuary; volunteer at a horse barn, humane society volunteer
Research Experience: Research assistant in the Brazilian Atlantic Rainforest studying endangered monkeys; research assistant with captive orangutans at the zoo; same laboratory job as stated above; research assistant at the same wildlife sanctuary
Non-Animal Volunteering: Camp counselor at a summer camp for Autistic children
LORs: Small Animal Vet, Pre-Vet advisor and lab animal vet, Genetics professor, Primatologist from Brazil
So you actually went to Brazil for the research.? And how do you get to work with a researcher?

Any KY/AL residents super anxious about next week?! We should know by Thursday/Friday!!

how do u know it will b next week.? Any word of descision timeframe for OOS applicants who interviewed Tues and Thurs of this week??

So there IS a waitlist already??? Some of yall have already been put on a waitlist?? Then why did they do late interviews if all the spots Are filled? We are OOS

So there IS a waitlist already??? Some of yall have already been put on a waitlist?? Then why did they do late interviews if all the spots Are filled? We are OOS
There is a waitlist for OOS. The late interviews this week are IS and Contract.

Can anyone answer why there would still be OOS interviews when there's already an established waitlist? So confused

Can anyone answer why there would still be OOS interviews when there's already an established waitlist? So confused
Maybe you’re contract and you don’t know it? :laugh:
Can’t see why any school would interview more people when they already have sent out the OOS decisions and have a waitlist...

We are DEFINITELY OOS and were interviewed this week...im confused too. I'd really like to know how many people interviewed this week ACTUALLY get in - OOS or IS

Last edited:
As an OOS person on the waitlist, I am even more discouraged if they are interviewing more people...

Strange...I'm definitely not getting off the waitlist then o_O

As far as I know, the interviews this week were for in state and Kentucky residents only!!

As far as I know, the interviews this week were for in state and Kentucky residents only!!
We are neither and we had an interview- dk whats going on -but feel like they are jist covering their rear ends and gave everybody an interview- dont forsee ANYONE getting a spot who interviewed this week.!!

We are neither and we had an interview- dk whats going on -but feel like they are jist covering their rear ends and gave everybody an interview- dont forsee ANYONE getting a spot who interviewed this week.!!
But then why would they even bother holding interviews for a couple more OOS people if they’ve already interviewed the rest of them?

We are neither and we had an interview- dk whats going on -heard that ALOT of applications were "mis-coded" and not interviewed when they should have been initially scheduled. Those people were called and given an interview time-ours (OOS) was Tues. (March 6). So maybe this week is KY and IS applications and they just stuck us (OOS) in with the rest.

But then why would they even bother holding interviews for a couple more OOS people if they’ve already interviewed the rest of them?
Exactly.!! I kinda think they are just "covering their butt" but then again if she wasnt good enough to make the cut why waste our time /money/ heartache etc.... I dk its jist a nerve racking time!!!

Honestly, I am very confused and might call them if someone hasn't already... I feel like they should've at least sent us notice that this happened.

Honestly, I am very confused and might call them if someone hasn't already... I feel like they should've at least sent us notice that this happened.
I dont imagine they will tell you anything - at least not until after April 15th deadline...I guess it is possible that someone could give up their spot as late as the day before classes start. I have heard of that happening before.... so I guess we cant give up hope until then

I dont imagine they will tell you anything - at least not until after April 15th deadline...I guess it is possible that someone could give up their spot as late as the day before classes start. I have heard of that happening before.... so I guess we cant give up hope until then

I meant as OOS applicant who’s been on the waitlist for a month now, they should have notified the current waitlisters to let us know if/how this will affect our position if they are conducting more interviews.

I meant as OOS applicant who’s been on the waitlist for a month now, they should have notified the current waitlisters to let us know if/how this will affect our position if they are conducting more interviews.
YES they should have. I saw a post on this thread from someone who said they got pulled from the OOS waitlist in mid Feb- so I feel
Like we dont have a chance at all
Being that the list has already been out awhile ...so why waste our time interviewing? That one day cost us over $500 in lost wages, hotel and fuel.... not to mention gettin our hopes up.!!
Wish I knew how many OOS interviewed on Thurs