caffeine jitters

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Good luck y’all! Currently studying for February and just dumped lightyear after ~ 6 months using it, so at least y’all have that to laugh about

Reactions: CarcinomaInSitu
Feb 10, 2018
Status
Dental Student
Good luck y’all! Currently studying for February and just dumped lightyear after ~ 6 months using it, so at least y’all have that to laugh about
may i ask why you dumped LY? I'm curious because I did as well. Started making own cards from BAB but it's been a huge time sink

caffeine jitters

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
may i ask why you dumped LY? I'm curious because I did as well. Started making own cards from BAB but it's been a huge time sink
To be honest, I should have dumped it way earlier. I could tell when I first started it that I wasn’t going to be a fan of it, just due to the fact that there are so many repeated cards that focus on random factoids from his lessons. This became even more apparent when it came time to do reviews, as the cards become more and more random based on how often you lapse them.

TL;DR: I felt like the cards lost all sense of context and my time would be better spent doing questions —> honing in on weak areas —> reviewing entire concepts by rewatching his videos

BYU4you

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Anyone else not able to log into that link? It says my account doesn’t exist..
They may have the wrong birthday on file and you will have to email or call them. Its happened before.

Feb 10, 2018
Status
Dental Student
To be honest, I should have dumped it way earlier. I could tell when I first started it that I wasn’t going to be a fan of it, just due to the fact that there are so many repeated cards that focus on random factoids from his lessons. This became even more apparent when it came time to do reviews, as the cards become more and more random based on how often you lapse them.

TL;DR: I felt like the cards lost all sense of context and my time would be better spent doing questions —> honing in on weak areas —> reviewing entire concepts by rewatching his videos
Yeah I definitely wish I had focused more on practice questions. Practice questions are clearly the key.

BYU4you

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
My February score report says it expires Aug 28, Im pretty sure they usually expire before the new ones are released.

klownzo

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2015
It's been the Friday after for every test other than Feb. I would be really surprised if it wasn't today since people are needing to apply with this score

• Love
Reactions: Ivy.ch
May 6, 2018
Status
Dental Student
Just called and spoke with JL on the phone, he said "They could come out anytime between now and next Friday" ... :1cry:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: realman

realman

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2012
Status
Psychologist
Someone else give it a try and see if they can get details. I didn't know what to say other then "Ahhhhh, okay... thank you"
lol, well, john can do nothing about it.. so if we spam him, nothing will change except getting one human being annoyed af today.. lets put ourselves in his shoes and not do that..

DustFreeEraser

7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2011
Status

I think that's a fair point, and the repeated cards is the biggest complaint of the deck. Thankfully, lots of people have had success with the deck so I am sure the deck is useful for some people while not very good for others.

klownzo

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2015
I tried calling but it says they're closed even though they're still open. Must be getting blown up

mskett

5+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Sup guys heard there was a delay bc some broskis taking it at anchorage prometric had an outage. Made sorries but I'm sure everyone did rad. Just chillax scores will be out soon or mad soonish
I sincerely love everything about your online persona and I hope to god that's how you talk irl

Reactions: fit2 and BYU4you
Aug 19, 2019
HAHAHAH thanks 'skett yeah nothin but the realest here. I mean idk if the bros out in anchorage are the cause of the delay but it wouldn't be the biggest shocker I've ever had

Reactions: mskett and BYU4you