August 17th CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully you and Likkriue only feel that way cause you’ve done it before or I’ll really be in trouble haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Way easier than any of the nbmes that’s for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
First timer here. I thought it was much easier than any of the practice NBMEs too. You're probably right about the harsh curve coming. Very little anatomy surprisingly, and way more social/ethic questions than expected. I couldn't sleep last night because of nerves, but I think I did alright today - hoping it's a one shot kill. Someone who has taken it before said he/she thought many of the ethic/development questions were repeats from previous exams.

Yeah I was wondering why some questions seem so familiar. This is gonna be a crazy curve lol.

Love it when I know I've seen this before but can't remember the answer

Honestly few of the questions threw me for a loop like the practice nbmes. The practice nbmes I mark at least 10-15 questions, on this exam barely marked 5~ per section.

But who knows maybe I did worst or better. Scores should be out Friday.

Honestly few of the questions threw me for a loop like the practice nbmes. The practice nbmes I mark at least 10-15 questions, on this exam barely marked 5~ per section.

But who knows maybe I did worst or better. Scores should be out Friday.

Same, I usually mark ~20, but I think I had about 10 marked each section for this one.

You really think scores will come out that quick? Do they email us when they're ready?

They send you an email to a link. Last year I took the exam 8/18 and got the score 8/24.

First timer here. I thought it was much easier than any of the practice NBMEs too. You're probably right about the harsh curve coming. Very little anatomy surprisingly, and way more social/ethic questions than expected. I couldn't sleep last night because of nerves, but I think I did alright today - hoping it's a one shot kill. Someone who has taken it before said he/she thought many of the ethic/development questions were repeats from previous exams.

Shoot should've retaken it

I felt like today's test was harder than the NBME's I took. Wasn't expecting people to think this test was easier. Hopefully it still works out

Same, I usually mark ~20, but I think I had about 10 marked each section for this one.

You really think scores will come out that quick? Do they email us when they're ready?

Yeah, scores always come out around 12pm on the Friday following the exam. NBME emails you to login to download your score report. It always ends up in my spam so I end finding out that scores are out on SDN and then go search my spam folder.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, scores always come out around 12pm on the Friday following the exam. NBME emails you to login to download your score report. It always ends up in my spam so I end finding out that scores are out on SDN and then go search my spam folder.

Except for us who took in February last time and had to go through the hell of waiting a month.

I dont think there was bad weather this time so you should all be good.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know how many people usualy make it between 60-70 on this test vs like 70-80 vs 80-90?

or rather, does anybody personally know people that scored 80+? jw

Wow this thread is way more lively than the Feb CBSE thread after the exam. I guess people were more upset about the delay for the scores to come out.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Although I didn't take today's exam, it seems like there were alot of repeats from the past exams and NBMEs. Would this factor into the curve (if there is a curve) because it would certainly skew the distribution otherwise

The people taking it tomorrow due to religious reasons are going to love this thread

• Haha
The people taking it tomorrow due to religious reasons are going to love this thread

Oooh I didn't think about that. We should probably have this thread deleted then-that's not fair.
Also technically I think we aren't allowed to talk about exam questions, but oh well.

Although I didn't take today's exam, it seems like there were alot of repeats from the past exams and NBMEs. Would this factor into the curve (if there is a curve) because it would certainly skew the distribution otherwise

The curve or scale is preset, before we even take the exam. So no, the way we perform would not factor into the scaling.

I believe so. All these questions on the NBMEs are previously used questions (previously used on actual Step 1 exams by medical students), so they use past performance of medical students to set the scale for these recycled questions.

Oooh I didn't think about that. We should probably have this thread deleted then-that's not fair.
Also technically I think we aren't allowed to talk about exam questions, but oh well.
Exactly this.

I went through and deleted all offending posts. As a reminder, it is against our policies to discuss standardized test questions. It is also a violation of the agreement you signed when you signed up to take the CBSE. In the future, it would be best to not get into such detail when talking about this or any exam.

• Haha
Exactly this.

I went through and deleted all offending posts. As a reminder, it is against our policies to discuss standardized test questions. It is also a violation of the agreement you signed when you signed up to take the CBSE. In the future, it would be best to not get into such detail when talking about this or any exam.

Did you put almost every contributor to this thread on 'probationary status'? I can't find on this forum a policy that states it is against the rules to discuss standardized test questions. It doesn't seem to be easily accessible, and the behavior of posters in this thread is consistent with every previous CBSE thread ever made here. A link and a reminder of such a policy would be probably be more helpful than this heavy handed approach.

Did you put almost every contributor to this thread on 'probationary status'? I can't find on this forum a policy that states it is against the rules to discuss standardized test questions. It doesn't seem to be easily accessible, and the behavior of posters in this thread is consistent with every previous CBSE thread ever made here. A link and a reminder of such a policy would be probably be more helpful than this heavy handed approach.
Every user was given a "Standardized Test Violation" warning. Standardized test questions are copyrighted, and thus discussing them is a violation of our policies, which are here: Our Vision, Values, and Policies • Student Doctor Network. That link is found by going to "About" at the top, and then clicking "Vision, Values, and Policies".

Also, the staff does not go out actively looking for things to warn users on. We act on the reports we receive, and this thread was reported due to the in-depth discussing of questions.

Hope that clears things up.

Snitches get stitches. Lol jk, im fine with it. It is against the rules, just not heavily enforced usually.

yeah everyone just wants to try to figure out what the heck just happened to them after, but the only people you can talk to are the ones who just went through the same thing haha. Just shouldn't have gone in depth.

To be fair, we never regurgitated questions word for word. We paraphrased everything. But I understand that we did was certainly in a gray area and I accept the consequences and will not do it again.

Thank you for pointing out the policy, I think with it being in such an obscure location most people were unaware of it.

Every user was given a "Standardized Test Violation" warning. Standardized test questions are copyrighted, and thus discussing them is a violation of our policies, which are here: Our Vision, Values, and Policies • Student Doctor Network. That link is found by going to "About" at the top, and then clicking "Vision, Values, and Policies".

Also, the staff does not go out actively looking for things to warn users on. We act on the reports we receive, and this thread was reported due to the in-depth discussing of questions.

Hope that clears things up.

This is funny, considering there are historic threads literally called "Official NBME XX discussion" dissecting questions left and right.

This is funny, considering there are historic threads literally called "Official NBME XX discussion" dissecting questions left and right.
Med forum vs. Dent forum.... Like I said, we don't go actively looking for things. This thread was reported and that's why action was taken. Feel free to report the other threads and the staff will look into it too :)

Med forum vs. Dent forum.... Like I said, we don't go actively looking for things. This thread was reported and that's why action was taken. Feel free to report the other threads and the staff will look into it too :)

The artist with the hammer. Good on you bro. Making the world a better place. Pat yourself on the back, take a knee, drink som water then get back to policing the reported posts with
"THE STAFF"

I believe so. All these questions on the NBMEs are previously used questions (previously used on actual Step 1 exams by medical students), so they use past performance of medical students to set the scale for these recycled questions.

Agreed that the curve is preset for OMS applicants based on how med students do on this exam. I read that they curve meds to a mean of 70 and SD of 8 (maybe outdated). Our average is obviously lower and with a wider SD. The preset curve may be harsher, but I'll be surprised if there's a significant difference on this exam's stats.

The people who write later get a different test. The NBME aren’t amateurs lol

For people who wrote the exam, how far in advance did you start using UWorld?

For people who wrote the exam, how far in advance did you start using UWorld?
I did like 7 or 8 blocks total from February to early May, then did as many as could during summer semester until the end of June, then tried to do 80-100 questions almost every day except for when I did and reviewed SA’s from end of June until the day before the test. I finished UWorld once and got through about 2/3 of my incorrects.

There’s 2700 questions, and a block takes about 2-3 hours to review thouroughly. I would advise doing 40-80 questions a day. So about 2-3 months out should be fine.

Personally I did 40 questions every day for roughly 2 months, then cranked out anywhere from 100-200 a day when i started my 10-14hr study days. on the days i did 40 I spent the rest of the day learning other stuff through ScholarRx videos (gold) and doing 100 fresh Sketchy Micro Anki cards/day.

Are we expecting scores this Friday?

Reactions: 1 users
damn took the exam for the first time and you guys thought that was easy... bye my chances.

I don’t think any of us said it was easy. We said it was easier relative to what we saw on the practice exams. Still a hard exam with a lot of prep needed. Would bust 500$+ on practice material on a easy test.

did anyone else get A LOT of repro anatomy and GI path?

...Cuz I got railed by those

Not sure if I could say a lot , but a decent amount. Can’t discuss specific questions.