Austin Kaplan Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedheadedNerd

MAAAARRRGGGE
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably will get no response here but is anyone by chance taking the DAT class in Austin that starts in June?

JW!

Meg

Members don't see this ad.

RedheadedNerd said:
Probably will get no response here but is anyone by chance taking the DAT class in Austin that starts in June?

JW!

Meg

I took it from March to April. Honestly, I feel that Kaplan does not prepare you for the test. YOU prepare you for the test. What I mean by that is that when you go to class, the teachers read straight from the book, go over the examples in the book by reading the teacher's manual, and then give you the answer. I ended up just not going to some of them. The ones I did go to were the PAT classes just because those teachers were the only ones that had tricks to teach. My first bio class was a VERY big disappointment. The teacher walks in as the firs tthing she says is "Ok, I haven't ever taken the DAT and I usually teach MCAT, so bear with me..." I was like, 'BEAR WITH ME?!?! WTF???' As Pre-Dents students, we get shafted at Kaplan since all they care about is their MCAT students. There are no office hours scheduled, unlike at Princeton Review (although they dont' have a DAT class, unfortunately).

To be fair, their practice tests are rather complete, expecially the ones online since they emulate the real test well (or so I hear, since I haven't taken the real thing before).

I don't know. The book covers most of what you need, but there are so many typos (even in the tests) that I just hope that I'm being taught what is right...

In the end, I felt that there wouldn't really be much else you could rely on as far as a structured learning process. You could probably buy a book from Barnes & Noble and get the same education, but you wouldn't get the practice tests, nor would you feel like your studying was structured. So for those reasons, I felt liek taking Kaplan was a good decision. However, it was NOT what I was expecting, and it's really not worth $1000. Again though, if you need structure, it's the only thing you're going to get in Austin.

hi man i am nilay ganatra from india.can u send me some infoirmation about dat test and about any immigration information for overseas dentist.i am frm india.my e mail id is [email protected]

thanking u

nilay ganatra

RedheadedNerd said:

JW!

Meg

what does "jw!" mean by the way?
thanx.