Australian Schools (Sydney, Melbourne) 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OVC2023

OVC 2023
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I know it's a bit early but I've begun my applications to Melbourne and Sydney so I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same process/looking to begin sometime soon! I thought this might be a good place to discuss things if we need to!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I know it's a bit early but I've begun my applications to Melbourne and Sydney so I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same process/looking to begin sometime soon! I thought this might be a good place to discuss things if we need to!
Very late reply, but I started working on my Syd and Melbourne apps this month! Did you include proof of each experience on the Sydney application? I just read that we must attach supporting documents as evidence from each experience listed? I'm not even sure I can get proof from some of my experiences..

Very late reply, but I started working on my Syd and Melbourne apps this month! Did you include proof of each experience on the Sydney application? I just read that we must attach supporting documents as evidence from each experience listed? I'm not even sure I can get proof from some of my experiences..
Hey! I got into melbourne and still waiting on my sydney decision and although I got in somewhere else so I know I wont be going the AUS route, I've been through the process so if you need help with anything just let me know. For sydney, I didn't include any proof. Just filled out the experience form. But I also haven't heard back yet so I cant be positive they accepted it lol I applied through oztrekk though and im sure she wouldve told me

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I got into melbourne and still waiting on my sydney decision and although I got in somewhere else so I know I wont be going the AUS route, I've been through the process so if you need help with anything just let me know. For sydney, I didn't include any proof. Just filled out the experience form. But I also haven't heard back yet so I cant be positive they accepted it lol I applied through oztrekk though and im sure she wouldve told me

Ohhh fair enough! Im applying through VMCAS and I bet other people left out proof too. I emailed USyd about it but no reply yet. Congrats btw:)

Hey!
I am also applying for vet schools in Australia!
Do you guys know if 3.53 GPA stand a chance? I am really worry about my scores...

Hey!
I am also applying for vet schools in Australia!
Do you guys know if 3.53 GPA stand a chance? I am really worry about my scores...
I think you should be pretty competitive. They also take into consideration other things like experience too so I wouldn't worry too much.

I think you should be pretty competitive. They also take into consideration other things like experience too so I wouldn't worry too much.
Thank you for your reply!
I was really worry about not having the great 3.7/3.8 GPA
Good luck with your Sydney application btw, Sydney is really my dream place to go.