-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
AVC C/O 2018 Hopefuls!
Started by Coquette22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm trying to upload a gif from my phone. Epic fail....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you, @TooLove! 
OK, this is what I was trying to share: http://www.reactiongifs.us/cookie-monster-waiting/
OK, this is what I was trying to share: http://www.reactiongifs.us/cookie-monster-waiting/
Me too, Chitty! I haven't forgotten about you! Hope that all goes well for you at PEI today! I'll be stalking the AVC thread, looking for your good news! Here's to a great, big fat acceptance letter (or phone call)!Not sure if any of the people who interviewed today are SDNer's but since they delayed opening UPEI until noon today there was no lunch for them! I saw them bringing food over from somewhere else. 😛
Rooting for you Chitty!
:-D
Not sure if any of the people who interviewed today are SDNer's but since they delayed opening UPEI until noon today there was no lunch for them! I saw them bringing food over from somewhere else. 😛
All I can think about international applicants today, is that if they can look around at the scenery and NOT run away screaming, they'll survive just fine. Really, this is the WORST winter I've seen here yet, so if you can deal with this, you'll be okay.
All I can think about international applicants today, is that if they can look around at the scenery and NOT run away screaming, they'll survive just fine. Really, this is the WORST winter I've seen here yet, so if you can deal with this, you'll be okay.
Honestly I would call this a normal winter in Buffalo. The only difference is that we don't believe in snow days there - so this has been an added bonus for me!
Honestly I would call this a normal winter in Buffalo. The only difference is that we don't believe in snow days there - so this has been an added bonus for me!
Buffalo? Are you from Buffalo NY?! I am from Rochester NY ! We are like neighbors haha
Buffalo? Are you from Buffalo NY?! I am from Rochester NY ! We are like neighbors haha
Wahoo! There is another girl from Buffalo in second year 🙂
I am originally from Corning, NY!!!!! But I've been living in California for the past 3 yearsWahoo! There is another girl from Buffalo in second year 🙂
I've been reading this forum for the longest time and haven't posted until now...but I'm so anxious checking this page everyday for updates
I interviewed a few weeks ago, and I'm so anxious to hear back. Anyone hear anything recently or are students still interviewing?
I hope so...cause I'm dying! haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, Chitty you gave me a heart attack! I saw you posted and freaked out thinking you had heard something. Lol, hopefully next week cuz I can't wait much longer!
LOL Sorry! haha There are still a few hours left in the day... 

Any Atlantic Canadian applicants who are hoping for an interview letter next week? Please tell me I'm not the only one having a panic attack every time I think about it...
Any Atlantic Canadian applicants who are hoping for an interview letter next week? Please tell me I'm not the only one having a panic attack every time I think about it...
Ah nice to see another Atlantic resident come out from their hiding spot. There's at least one other east coaster here. Where are you applying from? Good luck. You should hear something within the next two weeks!
Thank you Lab Rat83. I'm applying from New Brunswick. I had contacted you last year about gaining vet experience in NB. Thank you so much for your advice. Mature-ish (lol) student applying with an ~85% pre-req average with courses from UNBSJ and STU. Fingers crossed that I will be joining you guys on the island this fall!Ah nice to see another Atlantic resident come out from their hiding spot. There's at least one other east coaster here. Where are you applying from? Good luck. You should hear something within the next two weeks!
Any Atlantic Canadian applicants who are hoping for an interview letter next week? Please tell me I'm not the only one having a panic attack every time I think about it...
Welcome to SDN! Good luck 🙂
Any Atlantic Canadian applicants who are hoping for an interview letter next week? Please tell me I'm not the only one having a panic attack every time I think about it...
Yay another Canadian! Thinking good thoughts for you!
Good Luck! This is my first year applying, NB resident. Hope you get an interview!!I am feeling pretty nervous! My second year applying to AVC. I am an islander and so hoping i get in ! I have some friends on here (Lab Rat83 I'm looking at you!) I have been creeping for a WHILE now... and finally decided I needed to share my feelings with others who feel the same way !!!
Friend of mine got an acceptance today - hopefully more are coming your way!
@that redhead, did your friend receive an email or letter? And congrats to them, btw!
@that redhead, did your friend receive an email or letter? And congrats to them, btw!
Don't know - I assume an email.
First post!
I've been lurking this whole time, but I got an acceptance this morning! I'm excited to go to AVC
I really hope to meet everyone here in person in the fall!!![]()
Congrats!! And welcome to SDN 🙂
First post!
I've been lurking this whole time, but I got an acceptance this morning! I'm excited to go to AVC
I really hope to meet everyone here in person in the fall!!![]()
Congrats! Welcome to SDN (and AVC). See you in August!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously. I'm beginning to feel very defeated, but am staying positive! It ain't over 'til she sings :hug:
Damn it, Chitty stop posting! 😛
But @las777 started it! Lol
I imagine things may move a bit more the closer it gets to April 15th. Fingers are still crossed for all of you!
Go back and read the thread from last year - the advice is the same: breathe, and try your best to be patient 🙂 Just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean you're rejected! Even if you make the waitlist, it moves quite a bit. Keep your chins up guys!
Go back and read the thread from last year - the advice is the same: breathe, and try your best to be patient 🙂 Just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean you're rejected! Even if you make the waitlist, it moves quite a bit. Keep your chins up guys!
QTF. I was convinced that I was rejected last year and then I got an early offer! If you haven't gotten an email, it's not over yet!
@las777 when did you interview?I just texted one of the girls I interviewed with and she got accepted last week :/
Last edited:
Any Atlantic Canadian applicants who are hoping for an interview letter next week? Please tell me I'm not the only one having a panic attack every time I think about it...
Yay! I also applied from NB!! Good luck 😀
The longer I wait not hearing the easier it is to convince myself that its not worth putting myself $300,000 in debt to go to vet school. Hopefully I'll hear something before I completely talk myself out of it...
What school are you applying from? Best of luck!!!Yay! I also applied from NB!! Good luck 😀
@ChittyBang have you heard anything yet? Or has anyone else heard anything yet? I'm getting itchy 
Nope. But when I do you'll know.BaileyCopperxo said:@ChittyBang have you heard anything yet? Or has anyone else heard anything yet? I'm getting itchy![]()

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still nothing here...@ChittyBang have you heard anything yet? Or has anyone else heard anything yet? I'm getting itchy![]()
For any Canadian applicants expecting interview letters....Jack said they will not likely be mailed out until late next week. And the wait continues....
I was freaking out a little. Thank God I came on here to check. I know you are antsy for me!!!! <3Thanks for the update! I was getting antsy and I'm not even an applicant!
Got a letter today. Wait listed :/
