• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

rawrsy

5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Question for med students or residents: I recently applied for an away rotation program through VSAS, and they required the application be sent 30 days prior to the requested rotation dates. I sent in everything required via VSAS, however it has been a week now since the due date and I completely forgot to email my home institution to "release" my application.

Of course, realizing this mistake I just emailed my school to do this and the away rotation program but knowing it's friday night I won't get a response till monday. Now I feel like I've ruined my chance to do the away rotation there because of this. What other steps are there that I can take to try and fix all of this and hopefully get the away rotation I wanted?

Lya

5+ Year Member
May 13, 2013
NY
Status
Medical Student
You already contacted your school and the away rotation program, so now you should just wait and prepare a plan B just in case.

It's certainly possible that the away rotation program can still accommodate you, but no one knows what is going to happen until you get a response on Monday.

About the Ads