MD Away rotation application problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rawrsy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for med students or residents: I recently applied for an away rotation program through VSAS, and they required the application be sent 30 days prior to the requested rotation dates. I sent in everything required via VSAS, however it has been a week now since the due date and I completely forgot to email my home institution to "release" my application.

Of course, realizing this mistake I just emailed my school to do this and the away rotation program but knowing it's friday night I won't get a response till monday. Now I feel like I've ruined my chance to do the away rotation there because of this. What other steps are there that I can take to try and fix all of this and hopefully get the away rotation I wanted?

Members don't see this ad.

You already contacted your school and the away rotation program, so now you should just wait and prepare a plan B just in case.

It's certainly possible that the away rotation program can still accommodate you, but no one knows what is going to happen until you get a response on Monday.