Away rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesteel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there... first post, so bare with me.
I am hoping to apply to the big name competitive programs in the north east, especially NYC and Philly. Are there any programs that are well known for taking closer looks at those who do electives at their institution?
Thanks... :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

bluesteel said:
Hi there... first post, so bare with me.
I am hoping to apply to the big name competitive programs in the north east, especially NYC and Philly. Are there any programs that are well known for taking closer looks at those who do electives at their institution?
Thanks... :cool:

A friend of mine, who matched at St. Louis Children's (his first choice), applied to most of the big name places...CHOP, Duke, Baylor, Rainbow Babies, Denver, Northwestern, to name a few....He did NOT do any away rotations. Of these, the only place that asked why he did not do any away rotations was Northwestern. They also have a strenuous screening process for who they accept for away rotations. I know it is not the northeast, but it is a great program in a great city.