AZCOM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was just wondering if anyone knows if azcom is still interviewing and how many seat are left? i think they were going to increase the class size this year from an email i received earlier in the application cycle

I am interviewing on the 12th of May, but I got the invite in Feb.

Members don't see this ad.

I got placed on the waitlist as well... At least it's better than getting rejected right? I was hoping I'd get in! :laugh:

When I interviewed on April 8th, they said there's about 30 spots left.

Hey all

hope ur all getting pumped. we're starting school in sunny arizona in a few months.....special special timessssssss

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

so ya, thats whats awesome.:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey ellinopedo...i hope you get in but looks like you're going to NY?

Does anyone know of a good cellular provider in the Glendale area? My contract is up, and I am looking for a new one with decent coverage in the area. Thanks!:)

I have Verizon and I've never had any problems.

Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!!!!!! :luck::D

hey ellinopedo...i hope you get in but looks like you're going to NY?

i love touro but have been having second thoughts. i wanna at least go to azcom so that i can see if connect with the school, like i did with COMP.

azcom is good but the price tag isn't worth how good they are (2nd highest tuition for INSTATE students!). i cancelled my interview for the one in april because the interview seemed late and at the time i did not want to compete with the small amount of spots with people on waitlist, people who were already interviewing while i was waiting for my interview, and people who were accepting their matriculations. also i visited the facilities before and don't seem like they are ready for a size increase because everything was already at capacity (good looking campus nonetheless). i guess i'm jealous that i did not get an interview but also probably just dodged a bullet at the same time. goodluck to everyone with upcoming interviews.

ps. i found phoenix really boring (my opinion)

Good luck with the upcoming interviews you guys! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

(Also, if you've already received acceptances elsewhere, let your interviewers know! It's a closed interview, so they don't know how good you are. Don't be afraid to tell them!)

(Also, if you've already received acceptances elsewhere, let your interviewers know! It's a closed interview, so they don't know how good you are. Don't be afraid to tell them!)

I am not sure how much I should mention. I am waitlisted at LMU and my other two offers were from podiatry schools.

azcom is good but the price tag isn't worth how good they are (2nd highest tuition for INSTATE students!). i cancelled my interview for the one in april because the interview seemed late and at the time i did not want to compete with the small amount of spots with people on waitlist, people who were already interviewing while i was waiting for my interview, and people who were accepting their matriculations. also i visited the facilities before and don't seem like they are ready for a size increase because everything was already at capacity (good looking campus nonetheless). i guess i'm jealous that i did not get an interview but also probably just dodged a bullet at the same time. goodluck to everyone with upcoming interviews.

ps. i found phoenix really boring (my opinion)

seriously?
dude, move to my small town of Fonthill and then you'll understand the tru meaning of boring. ok granted, its no NYC, but the sports teams alone make it one of the coolest places on earth lol

and i doubt the AOA (or whoever makes these choices) would have OK'd the class increase if they didnt think AZCOM could handle it. so i'm not worried about any bullets............i am a little nervous about the old drunks on golf carts thou (those of you in the facebook group should understand) :laugh:

The other problem with doing that is they may find a convenient reason to reject or waitlist you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Monday 5/5 and loved it. I had never been to AZ before, and I'm hoping to be going back for my second, very extended (like say, 9+ months?) visit in a few months!!

All the students I met were really down to earth too which I loved.

Wish me luck!!! Hopefully I'll be letting you all know I got accepted in a few weeks!!

[/b]

seriously?
dude, move to my small town of Fonthill and then you'll understand the tru meaning of boring. ok granted, its no NYC, but the sports teams alone make it one of the coolest places on earth lol

and i doubt the AOA (or whoever makes these choices) would have OK'd the class increase if they didnt think AZCOM could handle it. so i'm not worried about any bullets............i am a little nervous about the old drunks on golf carts thou (those of you in the facebook group should understand) :laugh:
I find that many DO students don't have nearly that much faith in the AOA to make wise decisions in the best interests of students.

I interviewed on Monday 5/5 and loved it. I had never been to AZ before, and I'm hoping to be going back for my second, very extended (like say, 9+ months?) visit in a few months!!

All the students I met were really down to earth too which I loved.

Wish me luck!!! Hopefully I'll be letting you all know I got accepted in a few weeks!!
Glad to hear that you enjoyed it...best of luck.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it...best of luck.

Thanks, i just realized you were the one who gave us the tour and sat with us at lunch! (by being a creepy stalker and looking at your myspace :p)

question for anyone...for the interactnow account color scheme change deal...is that just the same account that you set up when you originally applied? I'm assuming it is, but I don't want to be wasting my time checking that account if it's not the correct one.

it's only been 4 days since my interview and i'm already antsy!

Thanks, i just realized you were the one who gave us the tour and sat with us at lunch! (by being a creepy stalker and looking at your myspace :p)

question for anyone...for the interactnow account color scheme change deal...is that just the same account that you set up when you originally applied? I'm assuming it is, but I don't want to be wasting my time checking that account if it's not the correct one.

Did they say how long until you will find out? I called 7 days after my interview to find out. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait for you either. :luck:

im upset that i didnt do my interview back in april while i had the chance, i scheduled it for may 12th and now im scared i will be fighting for a waitlist spot. I have been doing research about the area, and i am really excited. UGH!

im upset that i didnt do my interview back in april while i had the chance, i scheduled it for may 12th and now im scared i will be fighting for a waitlist spot. I have been doing research about the area, and i am really excited. UGH!
i'll pre-warn you...there may not be a lot of students dropping by to see you guys during the interview...monday is the start of finals, and we have 6 in 5 days

we'll try our best to get out there, but its brutal right now, best of luck to you

i'll pre-warn you...there may not be a lot of students dropping by to see you guys during the interview...monday is the start of finals, and we have 6 in 5 days

we'll try our best to get out there, but its brutal right now, best of luck to you

gooooooodddddddd lucccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

lol
i guess that was a bit much...oh well

gooooooodddddddd lucccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

lol
i guess that was a bit much...oh well
thank you senorita

Wow, big interview day tomorrow. Good luck to everyone going! Let us know how it goes too.

Get off this forum and get back to studying Vince

hahahahhaha
so much for him remaining a mystery! you just blew his cover! lol

then again, my pic is of me, and my name is my screen name, so i'm not exactly james bond either................

im here in phoenix... its been wonderful so far. flight was good, weather was amazing and for 20 extra dollars i got upgraded from compact car (ford focus) to a luxury Infiniti M35, keyless start, full leather and cooling seat, bluetooth phone, voice recognition, full color display screen... hopefully my interview is as great as my day today so far. I actually ate at SONIC for the first time in my life, the advertise it in Chicago all the time though the closest SONIC in chicago is abou 200 miles away lol.

anyone has any advice for tomorrows interview?

im here in phoenix... its been wonderful so far. flight was good, weather was amazing and for 20 extra dollars i got upgraded from compact car (ford focus) to a luxury Infiniti M35, keyless start, full leather and cooling seat, bluetooth phone, voice recognition, full color display screen... hopefully my interview is as great as my day today so far. I actually ate at SONIC for the first time in my life, the advertise it in Chicago all the time though the closest SONIC in chicago is abou 200 miles away lol.

I'm no interviewing pro but I was accepted to AZCOM. Just relax, be yourself, and make sure you ask the students and faculty plenty of questions about 3rd and 4th year. They are very laid back in their interview format so there will most likely be no stressful ethical questions about pregnant illegal immigrant minors with AIDS in a persistent-vegetative state that have a written will asking for an abortion. :p

Good luck!! I agree with what chinamazing said. It's a good idea too to think of some questions you want to ask. :D:luck:

Tomorrow should be the day the adcom gets together I think...good luck.

..and its all good about the 'stalking', if you have any questions about anything just drop me a line.

wow. what a school. my favourite campus of all the medical schools i have visited. i am putting a deposit down for Touro NY but i will accept AZCOM in a heart beat if accepted.

wow. what a school. my favourite campus of all the medical schools i have visited. i am putting a deposit down for Touro NY but i will accept AZCOM in a heart beat if accepted.

See? Aren't you glad you went? Now I'll be hoping you get that acceptance. :D:luck:

again...sorry about the empty campus/maybe not many students meeting with your guys...i'm glad you liked the campus though and enjoyed the school

ellinopedo, i'm from chicago too, we might even know eachother. I go to UofC however so I don't get to greek town that often.

i hate the feeling of knowing that my entire future could be decided by a group of people who don't know me at some point today.

but i would LOVE the feeling of finding out I was accepted!!

Does anyone know when the interviews will end? Also, will they review applicants on the wait list after the last of the interviews or do the look at the wait list applicants during each weekly meeting? Thanks.

i hate the feeling of knowing that my entire future could be decided by a group of people who don't know me at some point today.

but i would LOVE the feeling of finding out I was accepted!!

Did you call this afternoon to try and find out? They're on pacific time so there is still time! :luck:

Did you call this afternoon to try and find out? They're on pacific time so there is still time! :luck:

i called at 2:30 or so their time (i couldn't wait any longer), and she told me to call tomorrow morning. which means like 11am my time tomorrow...its going to be a LONG night and an even longer morning at work. eek!!

They said to call tomorrow? I interviewed on 5/5 too so I guess I will call in tomorrow morning. That is exciting....If I get in does anyone need a roomate?

They said to call tomorrow? I interviewed on 5/5 too so I guess I will call in tomorrow morning. That is exciting....If I get in does anyone need a roomate?

well i sure will!!! haha, but i don't wanna go thinking about stuff like that until i get the good news :luck::luck::luck:

so whats the verdict u two?

I interviewed May 2nd, and just found out I've been placed on the alternate list at AZCOM... A lesson to applicants: Don't wait until the last minute to apply to medical school! ha

Argh just found out I was placed on alternate list as well. I really hope i get in, if not I'll have to reapply next year :(

Good luck to everyone waiting to find out today! For those on the waitlist, don't give up hope!! :luck:

well that makes 3 of us.

better luck to the rest of you!!!

i'm gonna keep my fingers and toes crossed though!!

im an alternate too....i wonder if anyone got in!

Does anyone know how the alternate list works? is it ranked or random?

sorry to hear about the alternates...hopefully something will come up now that interviews are officially over...good luck to everyone

Any ideas when the last deadline for deposits is?