***Azpod 2011***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I was thinking we could have a BBQ the saturday before school starts (right after our 3 day orientation). I don't know any logistics etc. But would anyone be interested to come? We could find a park close to the school, or maybe do it at the school itself. If enough people are interested, I could ask Dr. Page what he thinks.

Let me know! Lets get this class started right! :banana::hardy:

I'll be down for that. Planning to move to AZ Aug 15th. I'll bring the cheetos :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like fun, I'll go

If anyone else has been stressing about where to live and is not from the area, let me pass along the name of a realtor that was actually referred to me by the school. Her name is Kim Kohlhase, at www.arizonafinehomes.com. She's been really helpful in helping us find a house and she knows the area well.

There would be a bbq for the incoming students as well so you can meet your big brother or sister. Enjoy the summer.

well, as long as there are no onions in the burger meat (EWWWWW) i would love to meet dr gangreen and his free food :D.
ill be the guy half naked trying to get used to the heat

by the way, whos living on campus with me?? anyone??

As im sure all azpod 2011 students know, we are now nearing the "one month till dooms day"mark and i for one am getting very anxious.

i was wondering if any current azpod students have any azpod specific warnings or advice for our first three months?
should we look over the krebs cycle and bones of the human body to prepare us for the first month of school.

any information at all would be appreciated

Hey guys!! I was born and raised in Phoenix right next to Midwestern and hopefully I will be attending there in 2008 (I'm at UofA in Tucson right now). How do you guys like it there since its such a new program and what-not? BY THE WAY I heard one of you was looking at the Isle apartments...I lived there for 2 years and they're the most BEAUTIFUL apartments, there's 2 lakes throughout the complex and grass everywhere and its exactly 1 mile to AZPOD. Pretty pricey though our 2 bedroom was $850.....I'm with gsrimport-my dad lives at Eaglecrest and its WAY cheaper and still pretty decent. Anywhere north of Union hills is going to be pricer because that's the Arrowhead area, so if you're a starving student like myself I'd go a little south.

By the way I'm looking to start a Pre-Podiatry Club at UofA (those damn premed bastards have 50 billion clubs and I think podiatry deserves at least one!!). If you guys have any ideas for activites or anything you wish you would've done/known as a pre-podo let me know!!! I could really use the support since I don't know ANYONE else who is pre-podo.

The first section in anatomy is the back and vertebral column. You can start looking over those sections if you would like. You could also learn basic terms like medial, lateral, superior, inferior etc. If you score high on your first set of exams, you worry a lot less later. The first exam scores are always higher and they start declining to around the 83-86 range.

Shann,

For UA, is there a pre-med club that is sub divided into medical specialties? You might or want to piggy back off that club.

does anyone know anything about books for our first semester? on the tour i was given, our guide mentioned the he had only bought one book (anatomy atlas) in his two years of school. could this really be true?

as the move get closer, i am looking for more things to do to be ready for the big day. any ideas?

finally, where is everyone living? i am starting the year with a family friend but will be looking for a place to move into in december.

In case anyone missed it:
We received a letter w/ a preliminary outline of the orientation. Basically, it looks like the first day is formalities, the second is dpm specific, and I can't remember what the 3rd was :laugh:

I think we can cancel our dpm bbq (unless everyone really wants to get together); they give us a bbq the first day.

See ya'll soon.

Thanks for the suggestion gsrimport, that makes more sense financial wise. Thanks!:thumbup:

Hey future classmates, lookin forward to this podiatry thing! I'm pumped! We're ready to head out Saturday morning.

I know its gonna be tough, but is this not the coolest profession! How else can you do medicine and surgery and still have a life after work every day? Plus, its amazing how many people tell me that they have a foot problem after I tell them what I'm going to school for. I think this profession is one of the best kept secrets. See yall soon

WERE WAS EVERY ONE-- I was trying so hard to find fellow sdn az pod students today at orientation. gangreen, cheetos, azpodrocks. no were to be found ...WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME :laugh:

WERE WAS EVERY ONE-- I was trying so hard to find fellow sdn az pod students today at orientation. gangreen, cheetos, azpodrocks. no were to be found ...WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME :laugh:

Hey, where were you! We were all hanging out among the podders. I guess better luck tomorrow since it'll be only pods tomorrow :laugh: