Baby Miller new edition vs Morgan ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colchicine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone really looked into the new baby Miller and the changes made ???

I am a CA1 and although I have been doing some readings, I just recently purchased the new edition of baby Miller and I gotta say; it looks terrific (I didn't really like the old edition)....so now I'm a bit confused; Which one should I really focus on for the ITE ??? Should I stick to Morgan (which is very time consuming) or totally focus on the new baby Miller and fill in the blanks with big Miller or Barash ???

Everyone I talk to say something different....So I am a bit lost !?!?! :confused:

Please help...any inpout would be greatly appreciated !!!

Members don't see this ad.

I like the new Baby Miller but I love Morgan. I think that as a CA-1 you should concentrate on reading most of Morgan your CA-1 year. A CA-3 in my program did very well on his ITE using "only" Baby Miller but the guy is a great test taker . I strongly advise you to at the least read the first 16 or so chapters of Morgan. Those chapters cover the basics well. the newest edition of Morgan is more readable. Baby Miller is probably good for med students and the first 6 months of the CA-1 year. I read Morgan and I am happy with the results. One of my attendings told me to pick a source and read it to death. Know it inside out. Once you get in a groove with Morgan the reading gets a lot easier.I supplement Morgan with specialty texts and Big Daddy Miller. The colorful diagrams,charts and tables make BM attractive a quick read. The information is somewhat limited.

CambieMD

Hi,

Has anyone really looked into the new baby Miller and the changes made ???

I am a CA1 and although I have been doing some readings, I just recently purchased the new edition of baby Miller and I gotta say; it looks terrific (I didn't really like the old edition)....so now I'm a bit confused; Which one should I really focus on for the ITE ??? Should I stick to Morgan (which is very time consuming) or totally focus on the new baby Miller and fill in the blanks with big Miller or Barash ???

Everyone I talk to say something different....So I am a bit lost !?!?! :confused:

Please help...any inpout would be greatly appreciated !!!

I also just bought new baby miller. I'm loving it. I have M an M on my shelf as well. They are both excellent references and I think you can make an argument to read both of them a couple of times for ITE. Add a little Jensen ranger action to the mix and you should be golden for the real deal. I stoped reading big barash months ago.... I found it to be inefficient when it came down to it. Chapter 31 (cardiac surgery) took me forever to get through. Great to look things up if you want the in depth version.