Bachelors in Molecular/Developmental Bio..do I still need to take anatomy class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mlie1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm about to get my B.S but most schools want an anatomy/physiology courses. Would I still need to take these?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a B.S. in Chemistry but had to go back to school to take Anatomy lab and a bunch of other stuff. I doubt you can waiver it, but it's worth a try. You will, more than likely, have to take those courses. Also, look at whether the schools you want to apply to accept online courses or not. You might just be able to take them online, but most schools do not accept that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a very similar situation. I earned my BS in biochemistry and molecular biology and I have to take an anatomy + lab course this summer before I go to Ohio State. Depends on the school though. SUNY-UB waived my physiology II class because they aren't as strict with admissions requirements and figured I knew enough from other classes. OSU, on the other hand, requires that everyone earn a BS or BA before matriculation so they are much more stringent about you taking exactly what they want.

Honestly, posting questions like this on SDN is ridiculous. Just call the school that you are interested in and do what they tell you. It will literally take 5-10 minutes on the phone to get a REAL answer instead of getting a couple OPINIONS on the internet.

Definitely call the schools you're interested in./

Honestly, posting questions like this on SDN is ridiculous. Just call the school that you are interested in and do what they tell you. It will literally take 5-10 minutes on the phone to get a REAL answer instead of getting a couple OPINIONS on the internet.

This needs a sticky :thumbup:

A pre-req is a pre-req, even if you got a PHD in molecular bio, dude you didn't take anatomy so yeah you need it.

Not always the case. Like I said UB waved a prerequisite because I had a degree and they "felt my background was strong enough that taking the class was unnecessary."

You never know until you call the school. OSU requires me to take a missed prerequisite whereas UB didn't care because I had a BS.