Back to school.. back to school.. to prove to dad that I'm not a fool..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Starting 9/1, taking:

Orgo II
Enviromental Chem
Anatomy/Physiology (year-long course)
Microbiology
Biomedical Ethics

:barf:

Members don't see this ad.

I start this week...

Physiology and Lab (4 credits)
Ecology and Lab (for Biology minor...) (4 credits)
American Art History (3 credits)
Visual Basic Programming (3 credits)
Intro. Sociology (3 credits)

Members don't see this ad :)
Orgo I + Lab
Evolution
Philosophy of Biology
Existential Philosophy
Fundamentals of Music (gen ed)
+
TA'ing 4 credit hours of cell bio

21 credit hours (plus 4 of TA stuff..nooo)...w00t...

some of you guys have freaking intense schedules...jesus....i fear the day i look down at my schedule and see what some of you have

start next thurs, 30th

no class until 1pm mwf and 2pm t,th...this will be a fun semester

Now see, I'm done completely by the time you start class everyday. I feel more productive that way, even if I don't do anything in the afternoon. Plus, this is my first semester of not having class on Friday, so I'm happy.

Started today, sigh. Summer session just ended 2 weeks ago.
Semester system

Chem II w/lab
PHYS I w/lab
Eng II
Spanish III
Finite Math
JAVA programming

20-25 hrs/wk genetic research lab (non-credit)

I'm counting on the math (a required course) & JAVA to be easy. English is easy, just time consuming. Spanish prof is notorious for being difficult to please and easy to tick off. Chem prof gave a lecture today that he must have honed just to frighten away students. Said that chem II is not chem I, avg grades on his exams are 60, and he does not curve. Is that supposed to inspire us to work harder or to run? Physics prof sent an email which said, among other things, anyone who is not prepared to put in at least 10 1/2 hrs/wk outside of class needs to find another class because he doesn't lecture from the book. Students are expected to cover that on their own & come prepared to spend class time problem solving. Both those guys are supposed to be excellent instructors, though.

Tues. is my killer day. First class at 8:00AM & last class ends at 10:30PM w/a 2hr break in the afternoon.

On the positive side, I have no classes on Fri, and I'm finally an official freshman. It's also a semester heavy on math based subjects. I like math. You upper classmen probably think the schedule looks like a breeze. I can't wait 'til I get past this year and can look back and say they were easy courses.

Human Physiology
Biochemistry
American Health Care
The American Revolution
Health, Community & Society (a course on the sociology of health & illness)

That's a great idea... but most of my shows... or at least I think so... is online, but if I watch too many online shows I get booted off the internet for the week :eek: it sucks, but I am going to have to watch all my shows in moderation... bleh... yes... I am a tv junkie...

favorite shows:
Prison Break * on during adv. neuro
Ugly Betty* on during adv. neuro
Grey's Anatomy * on during adv. neuro
Scrubs * on during adv neuro
House * I might can see this show... wooot
The Office *on during adv. neuro
Heroes * on during adv. neuro

Project Runway *which is starting LATE... still have no clue what days this is coming on

LOL... on top of that I watch [as]... lol... so yes, I am a tv junkie

when does the new season start for the bolded shows? What about desperate hosuewifes...haha and nip/tuck. Is nip/tuck going to have a new season?

pathophysiology (4)
pathogenic microbiology (4)
calc I (5)
ancient greece and the near east (3)
medical terminology (2)
yoga (1)

some of you kids are insane :eek:

That's a great idea... but most of my shows... or at least I think so... is online, but if I watch too many online shows I get booted off the internet for the week :eek: it sucks, but I am going to have to watch all my shows in moderation... bleh... yes... I am a tv junkie...

DVR is your friend! I record all my shows during the week and watch them in marathon sessions on the weekends :D

starting at end of august...

biochemistry
cultural linguistics
advanced linguistics research methods
western civilization and humanities
american romanticism
research in two labs
2 TA positions (one chemistry and one psychology)

too much reading and writing in one semester. Interviews and volunteering are going to kill any chance I ever had of getting more than 8 hours of sleep/ night! :scared::sleep:

when does the new season start for the bolded shows? What about desperate hosuewifes...haha and nip/tuck. Is nip/tuck going to have a new season?

I totally forgot about Desperate Housewives...lol... but I have no idea when those premiere... it should be sometime next month... when I find out I will let you know :p

Members don't see this ad :)
start 9/5

Organic 1 with lab
Ecology with lab
Calculus 1
Asian Music

plus 10 hrs a week of research in a lab
plus 3 hrs a week volunteering at local hospital

Gonna be BUSY!

I wish my school would let me take Weightlifting or some other PE class...you have to be in the major though. *sigh*

They have a weightlifting major? I wish I went to that school. Working on your homework would directly contribute to you getting laid.

Aren't they though? :laugh:

seriously...my schedule is crazy but it kinda sounds like SDN is gonna be pretty quiet this semester :scared:

seriously...my schedule is crazy but it kinda sounds like SDN is gonna be pretty quiet this semester :scared:

SDN quiet?? I doubt it. It seems like most of the people already on this site will just sleep a little less so that they will have time for SDN.

SDN quiet?? I doubt it. It seems like most of the people already on this site will just sleep a little less so that they will have time for SDN.

I don't know... I gave up SDN for a whole semester... Spring 07... so I wouldn't procrastinate... I might actually have to do it again for the fall :(. I did so well, but I was still suffering because I didn't know what was going on here.

starting my first semester as a pre-med.

Bio I
General Chem I
Calc I
American History thru 1877
English I

adds up to 17 hrs, plus 25-30 hours working at Outback and hopefully a few weekends of shadowing towards the end of the semester.

I'm worried (yet very excited!) about this semester; here's to hoping i don't forget to feed my dog. :hardy:

starting my first semester as a pre-med.

Bio I
General Chem I
Calc I
American History thru 1877
English I

adds up to 17 hrs, plus 25-30 hours working at Outback and hopefully a few weekends of shadowing towards the end of the semester.

I'm worried (yet very excited!) about this semester; here's to hoping i don't forget to feed my dog. :hardy:

Bonne chance, et n'oublies pas donner à manger ton chien... woof.

Never let it be said that we don't have our priorities :laugh:

Never let it be said that we don't have our priorities :laugh:

Yes, priorities:

SDN
Studying
Activities to impress med. schools
Eat/Sleep

- Fibers (whatever the heck fibers even is. I needed an art class to graduate....it sounded like the easiest art class that was left open)
- Biochem
- Senior Seminar
- Spanish
- Clinical embryology (graduate school course)
- Speech

I love my spring semester. Only two courses and I can graduate, f'yeah.

Spring semester:

Zoology and Spanish

I feel sorry for the students who have to take general biology, biochem, calc, physics, organic and general chem, and other hardcore science courses still.

I would never put myself through this crap again if I had to do this all over (general and organic chem just about killed me). I would have done a non science major and just took the pre-req's required and had a better GPA as a result.

All of these science majors are basically useless if you don't have an advanced degree to go with it. You will see fewer and fewer students at the undergraduate level get science degrees. The science degrees that are worth getting are the ones that give you certification to GET A DAMN JOB. For instance, cytotechnology.

I think the following degrees are useless with no advanced degree:

- Psychology (stated by many, many new college graduates that I have volunteered with)
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Neurology
- Biochem
- all other major science degrees

At least we are not history and English majors.

Yes, priorities:

SDN
Studying
Activities to impress med. schools
Eat/Sleep

Pish, you're boring. You have to work in a video game obsession or something in there. i recently acquired a Box of X from a friend who went off and joined the navy...it's scary how good i am at Halo. Truly scary.

Let's see:

Organic chem 1
"Biocore" (crazy advanced bio sequence)
Biocore lab
Spanish Lit-6th semester
Language development-child through adolescent

15 credits plus working as a CNA. It's not too bad I guess, but I'm freaking out about ochem and bio. :scared:

I think the following degrees are useless with no advanced degree:

- Psychology (stated by many, many new college graduates that I have volunteered with)
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Neurology
- Biochem
- all other major science degrees

At least we are not history and English majors.

:(

i start 8/27.

organic chem ii
animal diversity lab (bio lab ii)
physics i and lab
world theatre history ii
theatre forum

I start 9/5.

Arabic 3 - 3cr.
G. Chem 1 - 3cr.
G. Chem lab - 1cr.
Statistics - 3cr.
Government Finance - 3cr.

+ work.

Chem 1 + Lab
Bio 2 + Lab
Precal 1
Spanish 101

15 hours

Easy :)

start 9/5

gen chem1
bio1
spanish
philosophy
history

span, phil, and hist are gonna be so easy..

change of plans!!

-gen chem I with lab (5 hrs)
-intro to bio I with lab (5 hrs)
-us history to 1877 (5 hrs)
-calc II (5 hrs)

start sept 19.

I started last Thursday, 8/23.

(3) - Ecology
(3) - Biochemistry
(2) - Biotechniques
(3) - Forensic Evidence, Law, and Criminal Procedure
(2) - Biology Preceptorship
(1.5) - Future of Political Christianity (first five weeks of semester only)
(1.5) - American Consitutional Law (last five weeks of semester only)

Total credits: 16, but it feels like a lot more.

I started on 8/27...

Bio I with lab
Gen Chem I with lab
Anatomy & Physiology I with lab
College Algebra
Freedom in American Society