Background check email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paulbt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I received an email from certiphi asking for me to complete a background check. In the email it says it says I am receiving the email because I have been conditionally accepted to one or more programs.

So here is my question, all three schools that I applied to use the background check program. I have been waitlisted at two schools and I am waiting to hear from another. Can one of the schools I am on the waitlist for request this background check while I am still on the waitlist? Or do they actually have to make an acceptance offer to request the background check?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

they don't request for a background check until they accept you. Some on SDN have gotten that email requesting for a background check, and a couple days later found out they were accepted (from the school that requested the background check).

Perhaps you could call the schools and ask if it was them that requested it? and ask for your status?