Bad dual enrollment grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDSCHOOLBOIIIIIII786

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am currently a senior and senioritis has struck me. I took dual enrollment classes for english and recieved a B in both semesters and took Commercial photo for dual enrollment and received a C in both semesters. All together these classes were 9 credit hours. I am planning on going to university for pre med and know theyll just take the credit for the classes but i know that med schools will look at these grades because they are technically college courses. How much would this hold down my cumlative gpa for ned schools when i only took 9 credit hours. Say if I got a 3.7 gpa in university how much would my dual enrollment grades bring me down from a 3.7 when applying to med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

So I am currently a senior and senioritis has struck me. I took dual enrollment classes for english and recieved a B in both semesters and took Commercial photo for dual enrollment and received a C in both semesters. All together these classes were 9 credit hours. I am planning on going to university for pre med and know theyll just take the credit for the classes but i know that med schools will look at these grades because they are technically college courses. How much would this hold down my cumlative gpa for ned schools when i only took 9 credit hours. Say if I got a 3.7 gpa in university how much would my dual enrollment grades bring me down from a 3.7 when applying to med schools?
Yes, they count just as any other college course would. 9 non science credits at a 2.7gpa is not going to be the difference between you getting into medical school or not. Just do well the rest of your undergrad (3.6+) and you will get in somewhere. Also, when you are applying MD, your dual enrollment classes are entered seperatly even though they will count towards your overall GPA. I imagine an adcom would see those classes under dual enrollment and not give much weight to them.

Yes, they count just as any other college course would. 9 non science credits at a 2.7gpa is not going to be the difference between you getting into medical school or not. Just do well the rest of your undergrad (3.6+) and you will get in somewhere. Also, when you are applying MD, your dual enrollment classes are entered seperatly even though they will count towards your overall GPA. I imagine an adcom would see those classes under dual enrollment and not give much weight to them.
Thank you good sir