Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you guys taken a look at this YouTube video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1QvMHJ-KbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1QvMHJ-KbY
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Every vet should watch this video. Most should be ashamed of themselves. Dog lovers MUST watch it.
She looks like the villain from 101 dalmatians, Cruella Deville.
That video was really down right offensive.
Bad vets push for vaccine instead of titers. Nothing to do with titers being more expensive(also having a higher profit margin), or a lack of established efficacy for a given titer?
Oh well, I never really trusted anyone with such contrasting hair anyways.

Unbiased? Really?! And narrated by her dog.. wow.
QUOTE]
Unbiased, yet the narrator is opinionated 🙂
WOW, it is amazing that people will believe such ignorance! I wish someone would make a reply video
Surprisingly, she removed my comments from her heartworm blogs![]()

"50% of Veterinarians graduate at the bottom 1/2 of their graduating class." WOW, nice one there. Took a lot to put that one together.

Don't forget that one quarter of them graduate at the bottom 25% of their class!"50% of Veterinarians graduate at the bottom 1/2 of their graduating class." WOW, nice one there. Took a lot to put that one together.
Bad information is worse than no information
A spear under a cover slip?? Oh, a SMEAR, lol. 🙄
So how do you know that the microfilaria that you are seeing under the scope are Dirofilaria immitis and not another filarial species found in dogs that is completely harmless and does not require expensive, toxic treatment??

I always called that a smear, obviously I should choose my terminology better, I didn't even know there was any other 'smear' technique.
👍From my limited knowledge (I havn't read up on it in ages), you really don't know what kinda of microfilaria you are looking at. I am sure there are probably SOME minor morphological differences, but we ALWAYS did an Ag test before any treatments (never based treatment on microfilaria only).
From my limited knowledge (I havn't read up on it in ages), you really don't know what kinda of microfilaria you are looking at. I am sure there are probably SOME minor morphological differences, but we ALWAYS did an Ag test before any treatments (never based treatment on microfilaria only).
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.