balancing extracurriculars and school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im an officer for an organization and I have done 1 semester of it so far but I may not be able to balance my school/other activities with this. This is my senior year and my final semester is next semester. I know being in an officer position looks very good on a medical school application. How would it look if I only do 1 semester of it instead of a full year? I have been in this organization for 3 years so far as a member, and this year (my senior year) I was planning on doing the whole year as officer, but its looking difficult. I am vice president btw.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is mature to acknowledge that you cannot handle it and prioritize school over EC. Don’t hurt your grades for something you can do after you graduate or when you may handle it. If you need to take more time to apply because you do not have enough ECs, you can. It is a lot more difficult to repair a damaged transcript.

I would say to focus on time management and remember school>EC in case you need to drop the EC mid-semester.
Tons of people work full-time jobs while taking full-time classes and working on the same ECs and they are not any smarter than you.

Members don't see this ad :)