Barry University Biomedical Sciences Master's Program Spring 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonlight2191

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently on the 18th month-track at Barry BMS. Please feel free to ask any questions in regards to the program specifically admission requirements, classes, acceptance rates and etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
Does anyone have questions regarding the application process for Barry BMS ? Keep in mind that there is no strict deadlines for accepting applicants although priority application date for Spring is November 1st. Let me know if anyone has had the opportunity to visit campus?

Hello!
Does anyone have questions regarding the application process for Barry BMS ? Keep in mind that there is no strict deadlines for accepting applicants although priority application date for Spring is November 1st. Let me know if anyone has had the opportunity to visit campus?
Hello! I was wondering who I would be able to contact if I would like to visit? I heard nothing but great things about students who do the dental track at Barry and I am very interested in applying! Is there a minimum dat score and have many people seen improvement after completing classes at Barry Biomedical Science?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I was wondering who I would be able to contact if I would like to visit? I heard nothing but great things about students who do the dental track at Barry and I am very interested in applying! Is there a minimum dat score and have many people seen improvement after completing classes at Barry Biomedical Science?
I am sorry for not replying sooner. Students have shown tremendous improvement after completing this program and in cohesion with IPREP Dental. Their DAT scores have increased and their academics are strengthened.
I can forward you the contact information of our Program coordinator, Pamela Johnson.
Her following email and phone number is below.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 305-899-3229

Hi!

Does anyone have any questions regarding the BMS program at Barry University?

I wonder how completing the master program help students go into dental school. My current GPA is 3.1 And I am yet to complete my DAT before I apply to Barry

I ask this question because I wonder if you guys are just getting people with good stats like 3.3+ GPA and 20+ DAT that complete this program to show how good they can perform because they did not get in during their first application cycle

I ask this question because I wonder if you guys are just getting people with good stats like 3.3+ GPA and 20+ DAT that complete this program to show how good they can perform because they did not get in during their first application cycle

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello!

I wonder how completing the master program help students go into dental school. My current GPA is 3.1 And I am yet to complete my DAT before I apply to Barry

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is a really good question. Barry BMS master's program is specifically for those students that actually do not have the current statistics to apply to dental school, have applied already and were not accepted or even for those in the process of applying. A lot of the students that are currently in the program were in positions that they did not perform well undergrad and decided to do a master's program to fortify their academics and GPA. The students accepted vary in GPA, DAT scores therefore according to their statistics they get placed in the one year, 18 months or 2 year track. The curriculum is designed to strengthen the students academic and portfolio. In the program, many students decide to retake their DAT and have shown tremendous improvement. The program itself has proven to be rigorous and demanding but preparing the students who have a strong work ethic to succeed and be accepted into dental schools of their choice. Currently, we have a high number of students that are getting several dental interviews who had lower statistics than yours but performed well in the program and retook their DAT scores.

Oral Pathology's being offered at Barry , seems like an interesting course, for pre-dental students may even be helpful for future actual dental school.

How many credits is it a semester? Don't you feel like it tires you out doing a whole year of dental school before you are even in

Hello I just recently applied to Barry BMS program for Spring 18' admission and i just wanted to know if there is a fee that you have to pay to hold your seat if you are accepted. Also how does financial aid work, I applied for aid and Barry received it just didn't know the next step.

What are the actual statistics of students on the medical track entering MD and DO specifically?