Baylor hybrid DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogmom24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to Baylor's new hybrid DPT for the January 2019 start date? Curious how quickly the admissions decisions are made. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone applying to Baylor's new hybrid DPT for the January 2019 start date? Curious how quickly the admissions decisions are made. Good luck to everyone!
I applied to the class that started last month. The day after I applied I got an interview and I was accepted about 2 weeks later, so the overall process was really quick!

I applied to the class that started last month. The day after I applied I got an interview and I was accepted about 2 weeks later, so the overall process was really quick!
Did you take the spot at Baylor ? I am quite interested in this program but still have some confusion. Like basically you have online lectures and on campus hands-on, does that mean you have to go to school everyday for hands on practices, or just stay home and study on your own pace?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did not accept the seat, I will be attending a different university. I highly recommend watching one of Baylor’s webinars, they are extremely helpful and can answer any questions you may have. But essentially, you do all your classes online but it is not on your own pace. You “attend” class online everyday with everyone else and a professor. You have outside lectures to watch that aren’t live, but have to be to watched before a certain date that way you know what’s going on during the actual lecture.
The way the curriculum is set up is that you have 7 weeks of online lectures, then 1-2 weeks of in person labs in Dallas. Then repeat that cycle till you start your clinical. I have a friend in the program and she says it’s extremely intense, but that’s to be expected when you try to take 3 years of classes in 2 years.
Here’s the link to the next webinar sign up, it was really helpful when I was considering applying to Baylor! Events / Webinars | Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) | Baylor University

I hope that answered your question!

Hi dogmom24, I'm also applying to the hybrid program at Baylor. I already applied but I got an email saying that I wouldn't be considered for admissions until around May or June. I'm currently finishing up bio and my last physics and then I notified admissions that I plan on completing abnormal psych during summer/ fall at a local community college. I'm surprised PTAg17 got an interview so fast, you must have incredible stats. speaking of stats, would anyone be willing to share stats? Mine are pretty low and I have to constantly stop myself from having a nervous breakdown.!:scared:. My prereq GPA is currently sitting at a 3.0(not including the 3 classes I have yet to take) my gre: verbal 153, quant 143, and writing 3.5. i have 79 hours logged at a single clinic( currently trying to get more hours). I'm hoping I can help my gpa's out a little more with these last three classes. I'm basically out here trying to get extremely lucky!!!:luck:

Hi dogmom24, I'm also applying to the hybrid program at Baylor. I already applied but I got an email saying that I wouldn't be considered for admissions until around May or June. I'm currently finishing up bio and my last physics and then I notified admissions that I plan on completing abnormal psych during summer/ fall at a local community college. I'm surprised PTAg17 got an interview so fast, you must have incredible stats. speaking of stats, would anyone be willing to share stats? Mine are pretty low and I have to constantly stop myself from having a nervous breakdown.!:scared:. My prereq GPA is currently sitting at a 3.0(not including the 3 classes I have yet to take) my gre: verbal 153, quant 143, and writing 3.5. i have 79 hours logged at a single clinic( currently trying to get more hours). I'm hoping I can help my gpa's out a little more with these last three classes. I'm basically out here trying to get extremely lucky!!!:luck:
I absolutely don't mind sharing my stats! By no means do I have great stats, but I believe that I was a well-rounded applicant. According to PTCAS my cGPA was 3.26, Pre-Req for Baylor was around a 3.8-3.9 (I don't remember the exact number), and GRE was quantitative:153 verbal:147 and writing:4.5. I had over 850 volunteer/working hours in a mix of outpatient ortho, hospital, aquatic, and home health. I do know that Baylor is rolling admissions, so applying early is in your best interest. I wish you all the luck! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

Thanks PTAg17, that's helpful! I am trying to keep in touch with Amanda and Dr. Unverzagt so they know my name and know how interested I am in the program!

was looking into this school and i am very intrigued by the scheduling of their program. planning to apply in July.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind if I ask you your stats? I’m thinking of applying. You can message me privately if you want. Thank you.
My stats aren't genius level but I don't mind sharing.

Bachelors of Science in Human Performance- Stephen F. Austin state University
Minor: Nutrition
Undergad GPA: 3.43
PreReq GPA: 3.3 (finishing up last physics this spring)
GRE: 151 Verbal 143 Quantitative 4 Writing
200+ Total Observation Hours
Baylor Scott and White Hospital (Inpatient) & Michael Johnson Performance (Outpatient)

3 Sport Division 1 athlete in Lacrosse, Football, and Track
I'm a performance coach at MJP so I still get observation hours in my free time.

My stats aren't genius level but I don't mind sharing.

Bachelors of Science in Human Performance- Stephen F. Austin state University
Minor: Nutrition
Undergad GPA: 3.43
PreReq GPA: 3.3 (finishing up last physics this spring)
GRE: 151 Verbal 143 Quantitative 4 Writing
200+ Total Observation Hours
Baylor Scott and White Hospital (Inpatient) & Michael Johnson Performance (Outpatient)

3 Sport Division 1 athlete in Lacrosse, Football, and Track
I'm a performance coach at MJP so I still get observation hours in my free time.

How long did it take them to get back to you about your application being deferred?

What was the interview process like?

What was the interview process like?
The interview was completely online, and you’re completely by yourself. Even the interviewer has prerecorded the questions so no one is watching you. Which I kind of liked, it really took away some of the stress of interviews. You get asked a series of questions (6 I believe?). So when they ask you a question, you have 20 seconds to think of your response. Then it automatically starts recording you. Once you start your answer, you have around 3 or so minutes to finish before it starts recording. But from my experience that was plenty of time to answer the questions. After you’re finished recording your answer, you upload the video then continue on to the next questions. My internet was really slow where I lived so it took me about an hour and a half, but if you have good upload speed it should take about 45 minutes to finish. It was really laid back and the questions weren’t that hard. It’s just a different interview environment that takes a little bit to get used to. What I recommend is to practice interviewing by FaceTime or Skype with a friend or family member that way you can get as close to a simulation as you can!

Could anyone else who has gotten accepted recently tell me how long it took for them to receive their acceptance email? Just curious because I am waiting on mine, thanks!

Hey! have you gotten a response from Baylor since that other email??

Not yet jt128, I know I have been put off because they sent me an email a while back saying that they were waiting for a bigger pool size to begin reviewing, but I think they are waiting on this last semesters grades to come out before they make a decision on me. I am really stressed out because two of my professors are taking forever to update my grades!! I am sure I did pretty well in both of those classes and I expect nothing below a B, but I cant update my grades on PTCAS until I have ALL my grades for the semester. it really sucks because PTCAS shuts down on June 1st, but the deadline for my professors is May 31st! how about you??

Not yet jt128, I know I have been put off because they sent me an email a while back saying that they were waiting for a bigger pool size to begin reviewing, but I think they are waiting on this last semesters grades to come out before they make a decision on me. I am really stressed out because two of my professors are taking forever to update my grades!! I am sure I did pretty well in both of those classes and I expect nothing below a B, but I cant update my grades on PTCAS until I have ALL my grades for the semester. it really sucks because PTCAS shuts down on June 1st, but the deadline for my professors is May 31st! how about you??

I got the same response. PTCAs finally reviewed my grades earlier this week. Had to finish physics.

I did my interview May 25, and haven't heard anything yet. I am going to send a follow up email to the director later today though, because I forgot to do one sooner hehe.

Goodluck though!!

Hello everyone,

I got accepted into the Baylor program for the Jan 2019 start date. Has anyone else been accepted for this class? I am looking to move to the Dallas area and I am looking for housing recommendations or to connect with students that will be in my class.

To help answer some questions that people have. It took me about three weeks to get back an acceptance letter but if you are waiting for grades I am sure that it will take a bit longer.

My stats are below:
GRE
158 Verbal
149 Quantitative
4.0 Analytical

GPA
3.5 Cumulative
3.7 Prereq

Observation hours
300 at three different clinics but I am working at a PT clinic full time so I am accumulating a lot more.

Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone,

I got accepted into the Baylor program for the Jan 2019 start date. Has anyone else been accepted for this class? I am looking to move to the Dallas area and I am looking for housing recommendations or to connect with students that will be in my class.

To help answer some questions that people have. It took me about three weeks to get back an acceptance letter but if you are waiting for grades I am sure that it will take a bit longer.

My stats are below:
GRE
158 Verbal
149 Quantitative
4.0 Analytical

GPA
3.5 Cumulative
3.7 Prereq

Observation hours
300 at three different clinics but I am working at a PT clinic full time so I am accumulating a lot more.

Best of luck everyone!

Hey! Congrats on the acceptance! I was accepted as well. Feel free to shoot me a message :)

Hey for those who got accepted did you get a call from the admissions director saying your application was being sent to the Dean for review before you got your official acceptance and how long after did you get your acceptance?

Does anyone know how long it took after the interview was conducted and submitted to hear back about admission? I submitted my interview a week ago today, and Dr. Unverzagt informed me (when I asked about what I needed to do about sending in an updated transcript to him) that my application and interview were currently being reviewed by the admissions committee. Anyone know anything? I’m stressing!

Could anyone else who has gotten accepted recently tell me how long it took for them to receive their acceptance email? Just curious because I am waiting on mine, thanks!
This is what I’m trying to figure out! I submitted my interview questions a week ago and I’m dying to get some sort of answer.

Hello everyone,

My stats are below:
GRE
158 Verbal
149 Quantitative
4.0 Analytical

GPA
3.5 Cumulative
3.7 Prereq

Observation hours

Best of luck everyone!
Hey there! I submitted my interview answers a week ago today, if you had to guess, when would you think I might hear something back? I was notified that the admissions committee was reviewing my application and interview video three days ago (Wednesday) and I’m just dying to know something.

Does anyone know how long it took after the interview was conducted and submitted to hear back about admission? I submitted my interview a week ago today, and Dr. Unverzagt informed me (when I asked about what I needed to do about sending in an updated transcript to him) that my application and interview were currently being reviewed by the admissions committee. Anyone know anything? I’m stressing!
I'm in the same boat! I submitted two weeks ago today and am getting antsy!

Have they sent you anything?
They sent me an email saying they received my interview, would process it, and be in touch. They sent that about 45 minutes after I submitted and emailed them about my interview. Have you gotten anything?

They sent me an email saying they received my interview, would process it, and be in touch. They sent that about 45 minutes after I submitted and emailed them about my interview. Have you gotten anything?
After I emailed them once I completed my interview, they also said they would be in touch. When I sent a couple of questions to Dr. Unverzagt, he told me that our application and interview both had to go through and he reviewed by essentially six people, and he told me mine was currently under review by the admissions committee (that was 4 days ago) and to email an unofficial transcript once my prerequisite was complete. Is it true that people are getting acceptances just weeks after submitting everything?

After I emailed them once I completed my interview, they also said they would be in touch. When I sent a couple of questions to Dr. Unverzagt, he told me that our application and interview both had to go through and he reviewed by essentially six people, and he told me mine was currently under review by the admissions committee (that was 4 days ago) and to email an unofficial transcript once my prerequisite was complete. Is it true that people are getting acceptances just weeks after submitting everything?
All of my stuff was in already, the interview was the last bit. I'm hoping it's true that it's only a few weeks! It's already been two weeks for me. I'm hoping that I'll hear soon. With it being rolling admissions, I can't imagine it'll be much longer but they did also just have their inter semester break so I wonder if that'll stall the process at all.

All of my stuff was in already, the interview was the last bit. I'm hoping it's true that it's only a few weeks! It's already been two weeks for me. I'm hoping that I'll hear soon. With it being rolling admissions, I can't imagine it'll be much longer but they did also just have their inter semester break so I wonder if that'll stall the process at all.
I was hoping it was in fact a rolling admissions program! I really hope to hear something back soon, it’s been 9 days for me, but I’m super nervous. I’d love to be in this program. I wonder how long they would make someone wait?

I was hoping it was in fact a rolling admissions program! I really hope to hear something back soon, it’s been 9 days for me, but I’m super nervous. I’d love to be in this program. I wonder how long they would make someone wait?
I just keep checking my email like crazy!

Let

Keep me updated on here!! I’ll do the same!
I got an email last night asking for an unofficial transcript for my Master's program! Hopefully that's a good sign! Anything for you?

I got an email last night asking for an unofficial transcript for my Master's program! Hopefully that's a good sign! Anything for you?
All they’ve asked me this week is that I send them unofficial transcripts as well! This is is nerve wracking! I just want to know so badly

All they’ve asked me this week is that I send them unofficial transcripts as well! This is is nerve wracking! I just want to know so badly
I know exactly how you feel. I just want a response! The bad thing is my Master's degree is from a school that doesn't do electronic transcripts or unofficial transcripts. So now I have to hear from Dr. U about what he wants. I sent screenshots of what I have access to but the school is in Scotland so if he wants them to send a physical copy it'll take another 3 weeks and I DO NOT want to wait that long. These two weeks have been stressful enough!

I know exactly how you feel. I just want a response! The bad thing is my Master's degree is from a school that doesn't do electronic transcripts or unofficial transcripts. So now I have to hear from Dr. U about what he wants. I sent screenshots of what I have access to but the school is in Scotland so if he wants them to send a physical copy it'll take another 3 weeks and I DO NOT want to wait that long. These two weeks have been stressful enough!
Oh my gosh, I do too! My husband has started applying to jobs down around Dallas already because he’s just that confident and it’s making me so nervous, I wish he wouldn’t. Have you gotten to look at anyone else’s stats? And also, for your biology requirements, what did you take? If you don’t mind me asking, I’m sorry!

Oh my gosh, I do too! My husband has started applying to jobs down around Dallas already because he’s just that confident and it’s making me so nervous, I wish he wouldn’t. Have you gotten to look at anyone else’s stats? And also, for your biology requirements, what did you take? If you don’t mind me asking, I’m sorry!
Oh my gosh, my boyfriend already works in Dallas and is talking about how much more we will get to see each other....I know how much pressure that adds!

I've only seen the stats in this forum and the other one on this site.

I don't mind at all! I took cellular/molecular bio and organisms bio and my Master's degree is in Forensic Biology so that was a lot of DNA analysis and stuff but the credits don't really transfer the same so the two undergrad ones are the ones that I counted.

How about you, if you don't mind?

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, my boyfriend already works in Dallas and is talking about how much more we will get to see each other....I know how much pressure that adds!

I've only seen the stats in this forum and the other one on this site.

I don't mind at all! I took cellular/molecular bio and organisms bio and my Master's degree is in Forensic Biology so that was a lot of DNA analysis and stuff but the credits don't really transfer the same so the two undergrad ones are the ones that I counted.

How about you, if you don't mind?

It’s so stressful when everyone just assumes that’s where you’re going to go, and you’re entirely unsure have you kept in contact with anyone at Baylor about your application status? I know some people on these forums have, I was just told to email Ms. Singh and cc Dr. Unverzagt whenever my transcript updated.

I was a kinesiology major with a biology minor, and I just graduated this past December! I took Histology, Zoology and I’m currently taking General Biology just to add to it. I just really made sure I took the prerequisites for as many PT programs as I could! Have you heard from anyone else that got accepted? I’d love to know how long it took!

It’s so stressful when everyone just assumes that’s where you’re going to go, and you’re entirely unsure have you kept in contact with anyone at Baylor about your application status? I know some people on these forums have, I was just told to email Ms. Singh and cc Dr. Unverzagt whenever my transcript updated.

I was a kinesiology major with a biology minor, and I just graduated this past December! I took Histology, Zoology and I’m currently taking General Biology just to add to it. I just really made sure I took the prerequisites for as many PT programs as I could! Have you heard from anyone else that got accepted? I’d love to know how long it took!
I emailed him back about the transcript because I don't have access to one and he emailed back today saying he thinks he has all he needs and that I should hear back in a week! Ahhhh!

Other than the couple of questions that I asked him, I haven't emailed either one. I also haven't heard about anyone else getting accepted yet. Have you??

Congrats on graduating!!!!

I emailed him back about the transcript because I don't have access to one and he emailed back today saying he thinks he has all he needs and that I should hear back in a week! Ahhhh!

Other than the couple of questions that I asked him, I haven't emailed either one. I also haven't heard about anyone else getting accepted yet. Have you??

Congrats on graduating!!!!

Not even kidding, I called yesterday to make sure my transcripts were updated on their end and they also told me it would be about a week as well! They told me that they sort of got backed up with all of the applications coming in. I’m just so nervous! I want this so bad it’s actually sad! I have read a couple of posts on other forums where someone would say that they completed their interview on one day and then heard something back anywhere from 10-21 days after sending it in! Which sounds like what it might be like for us. Ahh!!

Not even kidding, I called yesterday to make sure my transcripts were updated on their end and they also told me it would be about a week as well! They told me that they sort of got backed up with all of the applications coming in. I’m just so nervous! I want this so bad it’s actually sad! I have read a couple of posts on other forums where someone would say that they completed their interview on one day and then heard something back anywhere from 10-21 days after sending it in! Which sounds like what it might be like for us. Ahh!!
Yeah, I've read similar things. I just want to know. It's been 16 days for me so far....not that I'm counting. I hope it's good news for the both of us!!

Yeah, I've read similar things. I just want to know. It's been 16 days for me so far....not that I'm counting. I hope it's good news for the both of us!!
I do too!! If it works out in both of our favors, it would be great to meet you! Good luck, and I’ll update if anything changes ☺️