Baylor hybrid DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I do too!! If it works out in both of our favors, it would be great to meet you! Good luck, and I’ll update if anything changes ☺️
I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Good luck! I hope you get in!!!! I'd love to meet you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Good luck! I hope you get in!!!! I'd love to meet you!!!
I GOT IN TOO?! Did you get a phone call from Dr. Unverzagt?! He called me at 12:45 this afternoon and told me congratulations!! Is that how it went for you because I feel like I’m imaginging things??

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to meet you guys!! Oh my gosh this is so exciting!! Did you get a phone call from Dr. Unverzagt??
YAY! Congrats!! I'm so excited for all of us! Yeah, I got the call at like 12:00 so you were his next call??? How cool is that?!?!? I'd love to meet you!! Is there a way to private message on here?

Reactions: 1 user
YAY! Congrats!! I'm so excited for all of us! Yeah, I got the call at like 12:00 so you were his next call??? How cool is that?!?!? I'd love to meet you!! Is there a way to private message on here?
Yes!! Let’s do that! I’m new to this website but I’m sure I can figure it out this is so cool!!

Yes!! Let’s do that! I’m new to this website but I’m sure I can figure it out this is so cool!!
Had anyone gotten their Baylor ID email? And is that all you’ve received this far?

Had anyone gotten their Baylor ID email? And is that all you’ve received this far?
Yes! I believe once we make the deposit, we will get more information about everything and orientation! But i would get started on the health form, or financial aid if you haven't!

Yes! I believe once we make the deposit, we will get more information about everything and orientation! But i would get started on the health form, or financial aid if you haven't!
Okay! So I’ve made the deposit and I’ve “accepted the offer” on the GoBaylor website. What health form are you referring to?? Also! What kind of a laptop are you bringing with you?

I just got the call as well! Looking forward to meeting you guys.

My son is in the January 2018 class and I have to say, it is brutal. He would probably write something but he does not have the time; he is that busy studying most of the time. He is the kind of person to do well, studious and disciplined. If you are a "just okay" student who is praying about getting in, be careful what you wish for. The trips to Dallas are exhausting as well. All day in immersion classes including weekends and evenings studying. If you think you are the one person who can hold down a job or do freelance work while in this program, you are mistaken. On the plus side, the professors are the best and he is learning a lot and he feels he will be as prepared as he would have been had he gone to a brick-and-mortar school. A doctorate in two years. -- by the time he is 24! It's expensive but saves money in living expenses, etc. two years versus three so overall he is glad he is doing it. Because he started in January instead of August, he is graduating a year and a half sooner than if he had gone to one of his other choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
My husband just got in last week and is super excited! To anyone else that has been accepted, feel free to DM me your info. My husband is really looking forward to meeting some classmates especially if y’all plan on living in Dallas!

Is anybody else still waiting to hear back after they submitted their interview?

Is anybody else still waiting to hear back after they submitted their interview?

I'm still waiting to hear back. But I just submitted my interview yesterday. How long have you been waiting?

Hi guys, I just applied. My stats are gpa: 3.29, pre req: 3.3. GRE: 148 q, 146 v, 4.0 a.w. I have 1500+ hours working full time as a rehab aide at a clinic on an Air Force base. I didn’t get in anywhere last cycle and am so hopeful I would have a chance here at Baylor. Is there anything you guys recommend I could email the professors or Dr. Unverzagt to increase my chances or get him aware of my name and application?
Thank you guys so much!

Hi guys, I just applied. My stats are gpa: 3.29, pre req: 3.3. GRE: 148 q, 146 v, 4.0 a.w. I have 1500+ hours working full time as a rehab aide at a clinic on an Air Force base. I didn’t get in anywhere last cycle and am so hopeful I would have a chance here at Baylor. Is there anything you guys recommend I could email the professors or Dr. Unverzagt to increase my chances or get him aware of my name and application?
Thank you guys so much!

I actually just got the email that my application got deferred do they do that to everyone or is that a good sign?

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Good luck! I hope you get in!!!! I'd love to meet you!!![/QU
same here!! Just got the call today as well!!!
statxsteph mrsPT18 Dctr6
would you guys mind sharing your stats with us? I am currently waiting for a response to know if I'll get an interview or not so im stressing out knowing that you guys already got accepted. I'm stressing out, but happy for you all who got accepted!

I actually just got the email that my application got deferred do they do that to everyone or is that a good sign?
That’s a bad sign I think. If they reviewed your application and you didn’t get an interview then I think they passed over your application idk though. Good luck!

I just got an interview invite, and I was wondering if y'all had any info, or helpful tips about the interview process and the questions? Also, did you wear something like you would have worn to an in person interview?

I just got an interview invite, and I was wondering if y'all had any info, or helpful tips about the interview process and the questions? Also, did you wear something like you would have worn to an in person interview?
Hi Kcwlsn8, I have not gotten an interview yet, but I wish you luck! please let us know how it went and what kind of questions you received! Also, I would probably try to wear something presentable rather than casual.

I wore a suit like a regular interview and I can’t tell you about the exact questions but I would look up commonly asked interview questions and practice them. They just ask a question and you have a certain time to finish them it’s like a normal interview just not in person

I received the call that I have been accepted for Spring 2019 start date! I've attempted to contact a few of the others who have indicated that they have been accepted as well, however, the "conversation" will not go through. If you would like to connect, please ensure that in your settings, you have indicated that you allow others to send you a message. If you've been accepted, please feel free to contact me! I look forward to connecting with you and meeting you all!

Is anyone applying to Baylor's new hybrid DPT for the January 2019 start date? Curious how quickly the admissions decisions are made. Good luck to everyone!
I just got the call that I was accepted! It took more than two weeks for me, but I am still unsure if I am going to attend there since I received more interviews and am looking at tuition fees as well! Hope you get in :)

Hey! I got an interview invite and was wondering is it 2 minutes each question? So 4 in total for the whole interview?

Hey! I got an interview invite and was wondering is it 2 minutes each question? So 4 in total for the whole interview?

Mine was 3 minutes per question with a total of 5 questions (2 given to me and 3 randomized)

I just got a call this morning & was accepted to the program!

Reactions: 2 users
That’s awesome! Congrats! How long did you wait after you sent in your interview??

Thank you! I did my interview a week after I received the invite. I then heard back from them a week later, which I was really surprised with!

Has anybody had an interview and not an acceptance? I’m waiting to hear and today marks a week since my interview so I’m super anxious lol

Has anybody had an interview and not an acceptance? I’m waiting to hear and today marks a week since my interview so I’m super anxious lol
That's not necessarily a bad thing. I know someone who got the not accepted email the day after they submitted their interview. I know the waiting sucks haha but it means you're still in it, good luck!

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I know someone who got the not accepted email the day after they submitted their interview. I know the waiting sucks haha but it means you're still in it, good luck!
Thank you!

I was just accepted into the hybrid program for Jan 2019 start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!!! did someone just call you??

Yes, I haven’t received any emails yet regarding the next step but I did receive a call.

Do you happen to know how much of online work there is? I know they specified and highlighted that it was not an “online” program. The man I spoke with also stated that most students (approximately 2/3) don’t live anywhere near campus. Is there any information you have found regarding this matter? I haven’t watched any webinars, apart from, the one required prior to interview.

Yes, I haven’t received any emails yet regarding the next step but I did receive a call.

Do you happen to know how much of online work there is? I know they specified and highlighted that it was not an “online” program. The man I spoke with also stated that most students (approximately 2/3) don’t live anywhere near campus. Is there any information you have found regarding this matter? I haven’t watched any webinars, apart from, the one required prior to interview.

Also, I am not too familiar with this website and how to use the forum so I apologize for any misunderstanding or miscommunication, I am still learning the ropes.

Would anyone happen to know how much of online work there is? I know they specified and highlighted that it was not an “online” program. The man I spoke with also stated that most students (approximately 2/3) don’t live anywhere near campus. Is there any information you all have found regarding this matter? I haven’t watched any webinars, apart from, the one required prior to interview.

From what I’ve learned it’s 5 weeks in an online virtual classroom so you’re still required to be on at the same time as everyone else. Then you do 1-2 wks of labs at the school. This repeats until you start clinicals the 2nd year I think.

Would anyone happen to know how much of online work there is? I know they specified and highlighted that it was not an “online” program. The man I spoke with also stated that most students (approximately 2/3) don’t live anywhere near campus. Is there any information you all have found regarding this matter? I haven’t watched any webinars, apart from, the one required prior to interview.

So it is 50% online 30% clinical and 20% lab. Basically you watch "pre-recorded" lectures and obviously required reading, then for an hour each day you take part in a "live" lecture. The pre-recorded lectures are meant to set you up for the lecture, so by then you can be me informed, be able to interact and asks questions. There are 9 total labs within the 2 years, so periodically you go to Dallas and do full immersion labs. They last anywhere between 7-14 days, 8-5 S-Sat. So everything you learned up to the point of the lab, you learn to apply it. You can search "baylor dpt hybrid" on youtube and most of the videos on there are the same ones used for the webinars. Also, Dr. U can connect you with one of the students if you want to ask them direct questions. I know someone who is a part of the first cohort and they love it. Hopefully this helps a little haha. Congrats by the way!

So it is 50% online 30% clinical and 20% lab. Basically you watch "pre-recorded" lectures and obviously required reading, then for an hour each day you take part in a "live" lecture. The pre-recorded lectures are meant to set you up for the lecture, so by then you can be me informed, be able to interact and asks questions. There are 9 total labs within the 2 years, so periodically you go to Dallas and do full immersion labs. They last anywhere between 7-14 days, 8-5 S-Sat. So everything you learned up to the point of the lab, you learn to apply it. You can search "baylor dpt hybrid" on youtube and most of the videos on there are the same ones used for the webinars. Also, Dr. U can connect you with one of the students if you want to ask them direct questions. I know someone who is a part of the first cohort and they love it. Hopefully this helps a little haha. Congrats by the way!

Thank you so much! I was taken aback by the phone call, so grateful nonetheless! I am waiting for the “official email” he said would be here tonight.

I was inquiring about location because my fiancé is U.S.A.F. and stationed in San Ant! I was wondering if I was going to be moving to Waco or what not!

Thank you so much! I was taken aback by the phone call, so grateful nonetheless! I am waiting for the “official email” he said would be here tonight.

I was inquiring about location because my fiancé is U.S.A.F. and stationed in San Ant! I was wondering if I was going to be moving to Waco or what not!

No problem. Yeah you can stay there no problem. They already have the tentative schedule up on the Canvas page, so you'll be able to see roughly when you will have to make the trip to Dallas.

No problem. Yeah you can stay there no problem. They already have the tentative schedule up on the Canvas page, so you'll be able to see roughly when you will have to make the trip to Dallas.

Hmmmm... I am not familiar with Canvas page but hopefully when I officially accept and receive email I will understand! Thanks for helping out!

Hmmmm... I am not familiar with Canvas page but hopefully when I officially accept and receive email I will understand! Thanks for helping out!

Hi RTDPT,
You wouldn't happen to know how many students have already been accepted, do you? Congrats on getting accepted, I am still waiting to hear back from them and hoping I get an interview but I'm starting to freak out.

Hi RTDPT,
You wouldn't happen to know how many students have already been accepted, do you? Congrats on getting accepted, I am still waiting to hear back from them and hoping I get an interview but I'm starting to freak out.
There are about 25 spots left. Don't lose hope yet.

Hi RTDPT,

Thank you! I would not lose hope! Have faith and be confident. Continue to do things to better your application in the cas system!

Unfortunately I do not know how many spots are left. I’m sorry! Just stay positive and apply to other schools, have a back up plan and most importantly have faith! Don’t get discouraged, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Best,

RT

I was accepted but may have to defer my acceptance by a year -so keep hope- (military conflict)... there will likely be other people like me who have to drop or defer too.

CGPA approx 3.5 Prereq around 3.7 GRE 157 / 154 / 4.5 Exercise Science Major - a lot of military leadership experience including ROTC, D3 sports, Athletic Training Background