Baylor Waitlist Movement Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAmazingGOB

It ain't easy bein' white
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that almost everyone knows they are 'officially' waitlisted, I figure we might as well have a thread about movement. Please post if you have been accepted and withdrew or if you are taken off the waitlist and offered an acceptance. Good luck everybody!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for making a new thread, but what's wrong with the good old "anyone heard from baylor" thread?

Nothing, but I think a thread dedicated specifically to waitlist movement would be helpful. The anyone hear from Baylor thread is turning into a UTSW is better/baylor sucks because they strung us out so long/whatever thread. But, if no one posts here this thread will die so I guess the people have spoken.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoops, typo. Nice catch.:D

Nothing, but I think a thread dedicated specifically to waitlist movement would be helpful. The anyone hear from Baylor thread is turning into a UTSW is better/baylor sucks because they strung us out so long/whatever thread. But, if no one posts here this thread will die so I guess the people have spoken.

good point. subscription to this thread set!

so, let's get this thread going...how many of us are there waiting to hear?

for now, it's just me, GOB, and mychelle?? who else is out there? join the fun!

where is everyone going to go if Baylor doesn't come through? it looks like it's Tulane for me.

so, let's get this thread going...how many of us are there waiting to hear?

for now, it's just me, GOB, and mychelle?? who else is out there? join the fun!

where is everyone going to go if Baylor doesn't come through? it looks like it's Tulane for me.

Add me to the fun. Btw, I'm a senior at Tulane and can tell you that coming down to New Orleans for medical school isn't such a bad deal. The city's great, and though I'm not too familiar with our medical school, I'm sure it's great. I'm headed to Albert Einstein if I don't get in off one of the 4 waitlists I'm on, or if I don't get into UCLA (I'm in post-interview limbo--now imagine a school that's worse than Baylor at informing their applicants of their status!).

Last edited:
Here is another update: The financial aid letters almost came out. By almost, I mean that we were sent award letters with zero amounts due to a software issue. BCM will try again later this week supposedly. This should enable students holding multiple offers to make comparisons and perhaps make a decision ... hopefully soon.

I just withdrew my app. Good luck everyone!

I just withdrew my app. Good luck everyone!

I'm gonna hold out...even though it is probably hopeless. See you at UTH.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. Must have been a tough decision. Did you get a scholarship? What made you decide on UTH?

I did get a pretty good scholarship. But besides that, I guess there were just several little things that seemed to be pushing me towards UTH. If I had gotten into Baylor it would have been a really tough decision to make, so instead of worrying about it and wondering all summer, I just made a decision that I know I won't regret.

I did get a pretty good scholarship. But besides that, I guess there were just several little things that seemed to be pushing me towards UTH. If I had gotten into Baylor it would have been a really tough decision to make, so instead of worrying about it and wondering all summer, I just made a decision that I know I won't regret.
Oh, when you said "withdrew" I thought you meant that you had been accepted at Baylor, and you were withdrawing your acceptance.

I'm waiting! along with the rest of you guys..I'm just such a die hard fan that no matter what happens..even if Baylor tells me that I'm in at the last possible moment I will go...
the only problem is that for right now I'm going to UTMB-Galveston, which means that if I don't hear by June 15..then the story is done :(
and I'm headed to Galveston...

I know that we cannot find out position on the waitlist but does anyone know if Baylor will eventually let us know like UTSW does... (top 1/4 etc etc.?)

I'm waiting! along with the rest of you guys..I'm just such a die hard fan that no matter what happens..even if Baylor tells me that I'm in at the last possible moment I will go...

i know how you feel! i'm actually really excited that i now have my housing situation fixed in the city of my 2nd choice school so that if i am called at the last second, i'm not bailing on a roommate or paying money to get out of a lease. (long story short - i'm renting a place from a family member for dirt cheap, no lease, etc...) it's a HUGE load off my shoulders to know that i won't have to be scrambling to adjust housing arrangements at the last minute!

I know that we cannot find out position on the waitlist but does anyone know if Baylor will eventually let us know like UTSW does... (top 1/4 etc etc.?)

after talking to someone at baylor, my impression is no...they will never tell you where you are on the waitlist....and i think it is just because they don't know how many they will have to pull and where they will pull from. for example...a spot opens up....the first three people may say "no thanks", so then the 4th spot gets it. also (now this part is speculation), i would assume that they still have to think about quotas - meaning that if an in-stater withdrew their acceptance, they'd fill that spot with another in-stater....and the first instater on the list may be at position number 12 or something on the list.... i wonder if they also fill quotas by gender as well...meaning if a female OOSer pulled out, then they'd fill the spot with a female OOSer. again - all speculation...

i have a friend who is a 2nd year at UTMB and he absolutely loves it!

I withdrew after receiving the waitlist email... Good luck to everyone who's still interested...

I withdrew after receiving the waitlist email... Good luck to everyone who's still interested...

kisses for you too! :love:

OH SNAP! IT'S MAY 1ST! 15 MORE DAYS UNTIL PEOPLE HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION!

kisses for you too! :love:

OH SNAP! IT'S MAY 1ST! 15 MORE DAYS UNTIL PEOPLE HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION!

ah!! I didn't realize this and my heart rate just jumped to like 200!!!

ah!! I didn't realize this and my heart rate just jumped to like 200!!!

I'm on the list too. I got accepted to TCOM and already have an apt there lined up if Baylor falls through, but it's June 15th when they stop offering spots to people already holding a spot at another school.

Sorry misunderstood that. Yeah I hope a lot of people decide to go elsewhere, lol.

14 more days!!

(while may 15th isn't necessarily a date we'll know anything, i need something to look forward to!!! :)

hmmm...what kind of nasty rumors can we start to encourage people to drop their spots.... ;) (kidding of course.....)

13 more days.

so, my birthday is this sunday. can i put in a request to the birthday fairy, please? i would like to be notified of waitlist movement and of my acceptance tomorrow so that i can have a little extra something to celebrate this weekend.

anyone else want me to include your acceptance while i'm making my wishes...?

...it's fun to dream....

13 more days.

so, my birthday is this sunday. can i put in a request to the birthday fairy, please? i would like to be notified of waitlist movement and of my acceptance tomorrow so that i can have a little extra something to celebrate this weekend.

...it's fun to dream....

mlle3000: So I was browsing around and noticed one individual who will most likely be turning down a BCM acceptance for another school. I have no idea when this person will do that, but I'm thinking May 15ish. My wild guess is that there are a handful of others as well. Maybe we can report sightings of BCM accepted students who seem to be wavering or have all but sent in their withdrawal (not necessary to mention names).

A late birthday present acceptance would be ok, right? I don't know the waitlist order (boy, that would be a way to make some quick temporary friends ...). Anyway, I hope there is enough movement on the BCM waitlist to make people who posted on this thread happy.:luck:

Does anyone know if an update letter could influence your waitlist position? What about a letter of intent?

you are my new SDN best friend....i'm a Tulane alum (hence the appeal of the med school...) oh, and i'm currently working in NOLA right now, so one plus is not having to relocate....

ready for the first weekend of jazz fest? i'm pretty pumped about seeing ludacris & rebirth on saturday.

yuck...still no word from UCLA? that sucks! have you been stalking their admissions office with calls? haha. where else are you waitlisted? do you have a #1 if you could have your choice of any schools?

(sorry, i don't mean to be nosy...i'm just bored and i'm hoping that this will help the weeks pass! :) )

Hey mlle, sorry i didn't reply to your post sooner, I was spending all my time on the UCLA thread awaiting my letter. unfortunately, they placed me on a tier 2-type waitlist, so my chances of attending now are practically nil. i didn't go to the first weekend of jazz fest and i don't think i'll be going to this weekend either--i have to finish writing my thesis! how'd you enjoy it?! i pm'ed you with schools i'm waitlisted at and my # 1 for now. good luck with the rest of the process. i hope there's a lot of mov't come may 15 as i'm waitlisted at 4 schools

have a fun birthday!

Does anyone know if an update letter could influence your waitlist position? What about a letter of intent?
I highly doubt it, but I don't think it would hurt.

13 more days.

...it's fun to dream....

Happy early birthday!! I hope that all your wishes come true ;)
and that all the people you know...their wishes come true as well ;) ;)
haha...well here's to your bday and more waitlist movement!!

Last edited:
OMG I'm so shaky I can barely type. Just got the call. Dean Michaels sounded really sleepy.

I'm OOS (CA) and am definitely going! Despite the nasty weather.

congrats roverdoggy! i'll keep fingers crossed for the rest. good to see some OOS waitlist movement.

omg....that is SO EXCITING!! CONGRATS!!!...
here's to keeping fingers crossed for everyone...do you guys think that instate offers were made as well?

OH WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

THAT IS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! :)

hello? anyone out there? it's may 15th!!! perhaps we will see more waitlist movement in the upcoming weeks!! :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know I gave up my spot at Baylor. I hope it goes to one of you guys. It was a tough decision, but I had to go where I'm going to be happiest.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know I gave up my spot at Baylor. I hope it goes to one of you guys. It was a tough decision, but I had to go where I'm going to be happiest.

in order to be consistent...

kisses to you as well!! :love: :love:

thanks for letting us know that another spot is open. i'm sure you will be happy at the school you have chosen! :luck:

I just got the call. I guess they didn't get my withdraw letter. Oh well, it's nice to be asked :D

I just got the call too! Wow...

I am headed to houston! So Melissa, it's still Mayo for you??

just got the call too about 10 mins ago. i guess there's a lot of OOS waitlist movement tonight. melissainsd isn't it weird that 2-3 mos ago we were killing ourselves for a baylor admission and now that we have it it's after we've made plans to go elsewhere and the yes doesn't come as easily anymore? i mean i don't think baylor will give me as much money as pritzker although i strangely prefer houston weather and the baylor class schedule and flexibility...i, on the other hand, prefer chicago's openness, dedication to service, money, and the fact that all of my best friend's will be there. sigh. do you know how long we have to make a decision?

I just got the call too! Wow...

I am headed to houston! So Melissa, it's still Mayo for you??

Yes- I really loved Mayo. I also loved Baylor on my interview day, but they kept me in the dark for so long I lost interest. Baylor is a really great school though.

Congrats!

Just got the call about 20 mins ago!!! I'm joining you guys! Man, I've been waiting for this call since September, it now seems so surreal.

(And I'm in state so I guess there is alot of movement in general tonight)

OMG - congrats to melissa, pirata, EB, AND goingoutofmymind! I can't believe how much waitlist movement there was today!

it must have been amazing to finally receive that call! i'm glad to see that at least this year's waitlist thread isn't repeating last year's!!

melissa, i'm just curious....did you tell dr. michael on the phone that you were going to mayo or are you going to wait a little to withdraw that spot?

Thanks mile3000! I'll be rooting for you to get the call! Anything can still happen at this point!