Baylor Waitlist Movement Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
gosh.. I wonder if there is going to be more movement..i'm still waiting on edge..but instate movement would be SO GOOD!!!

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know I gave up my spot at Baylor. I hope it goes to one of you guys. It was a tough decision, but I had to go where I'm going to be happiest.

Wow, Milk. I thought you were pretty much going. Anyway, where did you decide to go?

Looks like there is movement!! Good luck, y'all! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I'm going to Vanderbilt. I just decided that it was where I would be happiest. Plus they have built-in research with the Emphasis program, and I had second thoughts on the 1.5 years of basic sciences at Baylor. I'm not sure that I want to take off 2 months after being done with basic science to study for step I, nor do I want to leave it behind for a year and then pick it back up after doing clinicals for a year. (And Vandy had the highest step I average in the country last year, so I think they know what they're doing. I know Baylor does really well too.) Finally, their students are insanely happy. Vandy has the highest student satisfaction year after year. But I'm sure that Baylor will be great, too. The good thing about making this decision is that there really isn't a "wrong" choice, just one that will be "best" for each individual.

And Vandy made it worth it financially? Sounds very cool. I'm also impressed with Vandy.

Last edited:
Haha, no, little aid, but Vandy's worth it.

Congrats Milk on your decision. I know it was hard for you, but I totally agree that there is no wrong choice in this decision--it's based on "best" fit. Both schools rock and I wish everyone waiting the best of luck!

i just got 12,000 merit based scholarship to baylor. i know you guys are a little biased being a baylor waitlist and hopefuls thread so what would you do pritzker full ride vs. baylor 12k a year.

i just got 12,000 merit based scholarship to baylor. i know you guys are a little biased being a baylor waitlist and hopefuls thread so what would you do pritzker full ride vs. baylor 12k a year.

Where would you go if both schools cost exactly the same & why (let's take the money out of it for a minute)?

oncocap, the sad thing is i have no idea which i would choose. its weird but i like both equally well. i think i'm gonna have to say chicago though now because baylor costs more and my best friend is counting on me living with her next year as promised. but in an ideal world, i would be unable to make the decision...it'd be left to tossing a coin.

incidentally, i know at least a couple in-staters got in off the waitlist on thrus-fri.

oncocap, the sad thing is i have no idea which i would choose. its weird but i like both equally well. i think i'm gonna have to say chicago though now because baylor costs more and my best friend is counting on me living with her next year as promised. but in an ideal world, i would be unable to make the decision...it'd be left to tossing a coin.

I'm sure that you could dig more into the details, such as the experiences students have on their rotations and come out liking one more than the other. However, that might not be easy to do unless you have the money and time to travel, talk to people, make appointments, etc. I'm going to Baylor, and I'm very happy about my choice. The more I learn about BCM, the more I like it.

incidentally, i know at least a couple in-staters got in off the waitlist on thrus-fri.

Very good! I know some people that really want to get in ....

Very good! I know some people that really want to get in ....

me! me! :)

just a shameless ^bump^ and quick prayer that more people withdraw from the great baylor!

Members don't see this ad :)
mlle3000,
i just PMed you but there's an advancement since then, the dean called today and apparently didn't get my email so i officially withdrew by phone. good luck buddy

mlle3000,
i just PMed you but there's an advancement since then, the dean called today and apparently didn't get my email so i officially withdrew by phone. good luck buddy

i just wrote you back...best of luck in chicago!

but to keep on with my tradition....

kisses for you!! :love: :love: :love:

....kissing all these random strangers for giving up their spots has got to get me somewhere, right!?!? :laugh:

any news? anyone, anyone?

gee, am i the only person still waiting....................?

*crickets chirping*

any news? anyone, anyone?

gee, am i the only person still waiting....................?

*crickets chirping*

you're definintely not the only person who is still waiting...mlle3000!!!
i'm still here :)
but ..i've just been trying to keep away from the computer for the first time since nov. and keeping myself busy so i can occupy myself in a healthy manner..but i'm right there with you on the waiting..if that helps any.....

wowww..it's been REALLY awfully quiet...on this thread..
no good news anyone..or has everyone given up waiting?

hey dancer -

i'm still waiting here with you....i thought i'd take a page from your book and decrease my SDN time....unfortunately, the time still passes so slowly.......

are you holding an in state acceptance? if so, i hope you hear good news before june 15th!!!

what are you doing this summer?

hi there,
I am also on the wait-list at Baylor. Good luck to all those still waiting:) Hopefully we will all hear positive news soon!

wowww..it's been REALLY awfully quiet...on this thread..
no good news anyone..or has everyone given up waiting?

I gave up hope after my first interview :laugh::laugh:

Is anyone else unable to access their status from the BCM page? It says my amcas ID isn't on file?!

Maybe they only keep it on file for the current application cycle.

Is anyone else unable to access their status from the BCM page? It says my amcas ID isn't on file?!

Maybe they only keep it on file for the current application cycle.

i think you are right....i tried the supplemental application link, and at the top of the file completion/status page, it says "2008".

glad to see a little more activity on this thread! good to know that there are others waiting..... :)

hey dancer -

i'm still waiting here with you....i thought i'd take a page from your book and decrease my SDN time....unfortunately, the time still passes so slowly.......

are you holding an in state acceptance? if so, i hope you hear good news before june 15th!!!

what are you doing this summer?

mlle,
:)....i'm trying to keep myself busy..but it's not working so well now that graduation and all its festivities have ended and i'm stuck at home doing nothing..i do have an acceptance..i'm headed to UTMB galveston which I'm pretty stoked about but you know how it goes...baylor was top choice always!......the only reason i don't have a job this summer is becuase i'm traveling here and there...
puerto rico for 3 days............in 13 days!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm pretty excited!
what about you..how are you trying to stay away from sdn? and are you like me waiting till june 15 also?

Hey mlle,

I just wanted to say wassup and hope all is going well with you. Good luck in your wait for Baylor! Keep your head up.

Females

OMG OMG OMG!

dr. greenberg just called me!!!

i got in! i am shaking sooooooo badly right now i can't even type! FCD, your good thoughts must have done something special for me today!

OMG OMG OMG!

i got in! i am shaking sooooooo badly right now i can't even type! FCD, your good thoughts must have done something special for me today!

WOW!!! Congratulations. That is so awesome!

I see that FCD thought of you at 11:11. That had to be it!

OMG OMG OMG!

woweewaawaaa mlle3000, i'm so so proud! good job. go get em.

mille,
Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I have a question... are you a MD/PhD student? The reason I ask is because Dr. Greenberg called to tell you and I thought that it was usually Dr. Michael?

OMG OMG OMG!

LOL... HOLY ****!!!!!!! That is soooooooo awesome. CONGRATS!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

OMG OMG OMG!

Whohoo!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Keep shaking. Enjoy this. :laugh::hardy:

yay! :clap: congrats Mile! See you in July!

it's not always dean michael. i wasn't an md/phD person and doctor greenberg called me. i think they might just split it up.

awwwwwwwww...congratulatiosn mlle!!!!!!!
that is absolutely amazing!!!!! so proud :)
the waiting DEF. paid off... :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanks for all the congrats, everyone!!! :love:

drvcubed, i am not a MD/PhD applicant. I was actually surprised that it was Dr. Greenberg that called...

The call was COMPLETELY unexpected. I used to check my phone obsessively, but just this week I had finally convinced myself that if I was lucky enough to get it, it probably wouldn't happen until the end of june or july. (i'm oos and thought my odds would be better after june 15th). anyway, i was taking a nap after a really bad day in the lab and my phone rang about 5 minutes before i had set my alarm to go off. i figured it was my mom and was kind-of aggravated that she was waking me up. i pick up the phone....it says "unknown"...i think, "no way!"...and the rest is history!

the call was so quick, i hardly remember what was said. i keep thinking i dreamed it all!

EB - i laughed so hard at your post! i love borat! too funny! i wish we were going to be classmates, but i'm so excited about pritzker for you!

Mortal Lessons - I see you got into Dartmouth! that is awesome!!! i am so happy for you!!!

Dancer - you are going to LOVE puerto rico! i went 3 years ago and had so much fun! to answer your question - in the past few weeks, i've been occupying my time by trying to stay busy at work!

:luck::luck: good luck to everyone still waiting! don't give up hope! it could happen when you least expect! :) :luck::luck:

Congrats, mlle. Those Baylor calls are the best. They do always come completely unexpectedly. I was packing up my grandmother's Christmas tree when Dr. Greenberg called me... I'll never forget.

Congrats, mlle. Those Baylor calls are the best. They do always come completely unexpectedly. I was packing up my grandmother's Christmas tree when Dr. Greenberg called me... I'll never forget.

We're going to miss you Milk, but I totally understand. Maybe you'll need to do an away rotation @ BCM down the road or something. Hows the incoming Vandy crowd treating you?

Last edited:
thanks for the response mille! and congratulations again:) hopefully we will get to be classmates next year! If you have any questions about Baylor or Houston let me know. I have been living here since February, and my boyfriend is a first year at BCM.

In the meantime... wich me luck...:luck: I have been waiting for a phone call for what feels like forever.

thanks drvcubed! hang in there....i totally understand how you feel. i really hope have good news soon! :)

Last edited:
thanks for the response mille! and congratulations again:) hopefully we will get to be classmates next year! If you have any questions about Baylor or Houston let me know. I have been living here since February, and my boyfriend is a first year at BCM.

In the meantime... wich me luck...:luck: I have been waiting for a phone call for what feels like forever.

Good luck drvcubed!! :luck:

The call was COMPLETELY unexpected. I used to check my phone obsessively, but just this week I had finally convinced myself that if I was lucky enough to get it, it probably wouldn't happen until the end of june or july. (i'm oos and thought my odds would be better after june 15th). anyway, i was taking a nap after a really bad day in the lab and my phone rang about 5 minutes before i had set my alarm to go off. i figured it was my mom and was kind-of aggravated that she was waking me up. i pick up the phone....it says "unknown"...i think, "no way!"...and the rest is history!

the call was so quick, i hardly remember what was said. i keep thinking i dreamed it all!

That's pretty much what happened with me too! I finally gave up all hope, I went out and bought my white coat for UT-H and the next day Dr. Michael called me! Ahh the irony.

Congrats again! And I totally understand the shaking part.

That's pretty much what happened with me too! I finally gave up all hope, I went out and bought my white coat for UT-H and the next day Dr. Michael called me! Ahh the irony.

It's raining BCM acceptances! :D:thumbup: Congratulations, goinoutofmymind!!! :banana::clap:

Woops, I didn't mean to raise anyone's hopes, I got my call earlier, on May 15th. But I totally feel mile's excitement!

Thanks for the luck Onco! :luck::luck::luck:

Mille, I think I am the girl you are talking about! I did interview on Feb 16th... haha... how funny! We were in the same tour of the Med. Center group! Hey... thanks for the almost ride home :)

Thanks for the luck Onco! :luck::luck::luck:

Mille, I think I am the girl you are talking about! I did interview on Feb 16th... haha... how funny! We were in the same tour of the Med. Center group! Hey... thanks for the almost ride home :)

yes, exactly! that was me--- i was wearing the brown suit and we were talking about how uncomfortable our shoes were during the tour! oh yay!!! i'm glad it is you....you were lots of fun and i was wondering if you had gotten in! i'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you....i REALLY REALLY hope you get in!!! :) :luck:

When I went to get on the list for UT-houston housing I went by Major's bookstore all gung-ho to buy a Houston sweatshirt but when I got there I kinda felt like buying it was giving up on a Baylor/Michigan acceptance so I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm glad I didn't now!

yes, exactly! that was me--- i was wearing the brown suit and we were talking about how uncomfortable our shoes were during the tour! oh yay!!! i'm glad it is you....you were lots of fun and i was wondering if you had gotten in! i'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you....i REALLY REALLY hope you get in!!! :) :luck:
No interview experience is complete without hearing this conversation. :)

When I went to get on the list for UT-houston housing I went by Major's bookstore all gung-ho to buy a Houston sweatshirt but when I got there I kinda felt like buying it was giving up on a Baylor/Michigan acceptance so I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm glad I didn't now!

That's pretty much the way I felt too, but my boyfriend urged me to go ahead and buy the white coat. I just knew that with my luck i would get a baylor acceptance after that. It's like when you're waiting forever for your food to come at a restaurant, and as soon as you get up to go to the bathroom, your food comes. I have that same kind of luck, so I kinda hoped that the white coat would prompt a baylor acceptance.... life just seems to work that way.
Asi es la vida... so did you ever hear back from Michigan... what did they say?

No interview experience is complete without hearing this conversation. :)

hahaha - yeah, girls are so predictable! "these shoes hurt my feet sooo bad, but at least their sooooooo cute!"

to everyone waiting to hear from baylor & is holding an in-state acceptance...just wanted you guys to know that i'm i'm thinking about you since you have 3 more days left to hear back. I hope you hear good news. (and if you don't, at least the bright side is that this whole waiting thing will be over by friday!!! :) good luck! :luck: