darkguy2k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2008
Status (Visible)
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I know that BCPM GPA counts for Biology, Chemisty, Physics, and Math.

First question: Biochemsitry is also addes to the BCPM, right?

Second question: I've taken a lot of math courses (I'm double majoring in math). Do all my math courses count for the BCPM GPA?

Thanks for the help.

About the Ads

Vihsadas

No summer
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2007
An Igloo
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Finch....are you telling the truth? You have a reputation of being extremely sarcastic. Please don't get my hopes up :scared:. Thanks for the help :)

Hehe. I think he's right. The second part of your question (Math courses) is a definite yes, and I believe that my biochemistry counts toward my BCMP.

PanicAttack

gomers gonna gome
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2008
Honolulu HI
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It's all true. Regardless of whether you consider Biochem to be Biology or Chemistry, it's still BCPM.

And the M stands for Math, so...Math counts.

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
you can check the aamc.org website and look at the AMCAS 2008 information book. it has a list of all the courses that will fall under each category. all the classes that fall under BCPM will count for that GPA. the course classifications start on page 44.

for example the biology classificatin it will say "Biology (BCPM)" so all the courses undere that will count towards BCPM.

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/amcas2008.htm

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.