Being content with being Average or below Average in med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoever made that thread about med school girls being stuck up, most of them really are, but why?

Cause they're young pretty UMC/Rich girls. Who wouldn't be stuck up in such a situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Cause they're young pretty UMC/Rich girls. Who wouldn't be stuck up in such a situation?

Young- yeah,

pretty???- mostly no,

UMC rich- adds no dating value, mix that with the fact that most dudes are intimated my smarter women who make more money, the fact these girls will be undertaking rigorous medical training until at least early-mid 30's, and you have the perfect recipe to create a horde of 40 year old lonely cat women.

Young- yeah,

pretty???- mostly no,

UMC rich- adds no dating value, mix that with the fact that most dudes are intimated my smarter women who make more money, the fact these girls will be undertaking rigorous medical training until at least early-mid 30's, and you have the perfect recipe to create a horde of 40 year old lonely cat women.

The obesity epidemic has gotten to the point that any girl who isn't a "hambeast" is pretty by default.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Young- yeah,

pretty???- mostly no,

And yet, oddly enough, a sizeable majority of female trainees/attendings I've met are in committed long-term relationships. Sounds like a less than perfect recipe for a bunch of lonely women.

Reactions: 1 user
Whoever made that thread about med school girls being stuck up, most of them really are, but why?
You and Ark can have one great pity party. You aren't good looking enough, aren't rich enough, it's bc of your race, etc. and a myriad of other reasons. Funny how it's alawys their fault.

Reactions: 4 users
And yet, oddly enough, a sizeable majority of female trainees/attendings I've met are in committed long-term relationships. Sounds like a less than perfect recipe for a bunch of lonely women.
Funny isn't it?

You and Ark can have one great pity party. You aren't good looking enough, aren't rich enough, it's bc of your race, etc. and a myriad of other reasons. Funny how it's alawys their fault.

Wtf are you talking about? I get plenty of attention from women, I was just acquiring into the general stuckupedness of people in med school.

The obesity epidemic has gotten to the point that any girl who isn't a "hambeast" is pretty by default.
Man. That sounds rough. "Hambeasts" Lol Where are you at that it's gotten that bad?

4lqsxxrj.gif

Reactions: 5 users

Where do these hambeasts live? Wouldn't that be perfect for you? I mean you like to ham bishes, right? If they are hambeasts wouldn't that just mean there is more meat for you to ham proverbially? It's a win-win.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
rum and coke for your health or gtfo.

Pretty obvious no one in this thread has gone hogging. Good times.

Wtf are you talking about? I get plenty of attention from women, I was just acquiring into the general stuckupedness of people in med school.
It's not the attention, I'm talking about. It's the jumping to conclusions about people's motives just bc they don't give you 100% of their attention.

That's your interpretation
Mine is that you're a punk that lives off of feeling sorry for himself and blames others for his own social shortcomings

you: "hey no one is talking to me they must be stuck up"
more like
"hey i'm a loser that's not talking to anyone i need more social skills"

Mine is that you're a punk that lives off of feeling sorry for himself and blames others for his own social shortcomings

more like
What rotation are you on? You've been a lot more bitter and angry than usual lately.

more like
This. I know people who make so many excuses on the not making friends in medical school front. In reality, it's really just people's deep insecurities coming out. It's much easier to say it's bc that person is rich, spoiled, not my skin color, etc.[insert excuse here], which is why they're not making friends with me.

This. I know people who make so many excuses on the not making friends in medical school front. In reality, it's really just people's deep insecurities coming out. It's much easier to say it's bc that person is rich, spoiled, not my skin color, etc.[insert excuse here], which is why they're not making friends with me.
On the other hand, medical students are so different from other people I interact with. Most of them are very sharp and hyper-intense. For some reason it feels like a lot more work to have a normal conversation with a med student than an average joe.

On the other hand, medical students are so different from other people I interact with. Most of them are very sharp and hyper-intense. For some reason it feels like a lot more work to have a normal conversation with a med student than an average joe.
Bc medical students can sometimes be so laser focused on their career goals, and since medical school is in a sense a full-time job (as is any professional school) - you get exposed to it a lot more. Your average joe has completed college and has gone on to a REAL job.

A lot of medical school is delaying the normal rites of passage in life.

I have no idea but I can't stop laughing at it.
That's why I was wondering where it's from. No matter how many times that gif restarts it's just as funny as the first time.

more like

reported

So this guy called me a punk and admin thinks its okay? Well I guess I can call him a bitch it's only fair.

So this guy called me a punk and admin thinks its okay? Well I guess I can call him a bitch it's only fair.
Why are you flying so easily off the handle? It's like you're not even trying to understand Psai's underlying point. He's not saying you're gay - calm down.

Was talking to an M4 today who mentioned having to adjust to the idea of suddenly being average after being the top of his class in undergrad, which got me looking for a thread like this, so bump.

Any other contributions? Anything you could have done differently? (and awww dermviser :thumbup:)

Was talking to an M4 today who mentioned having to adjust to the idea of suddenly being average after being the top of his class in undergrad, which got me looking for a thread like this, so bump.

Any other contributions? Anything you could have done differently? (and awww dermviser :thumbup:)
Solid bump. Definitely brings back memories

Yup. In mean terms it's called getting over yourself.

In cushy terms, just remember that there's more to life than trying to rank against your peers. It's an unhealthy attitude that will keep you going all the way to the grave as you peer over at your neighbors still pissed that your Christmas lights this year were only average while there's were better.

Also, find something you're good at and continue to do it. It can, and probably should be unrelated to medicine.

Life is more than your work.