Being up to date on scientific discoveries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chemdoctor

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What magazines are y'all reading?

I feel like I'm not on point or up to date with a lot of scientific advancements. I just read whatever's on CNN.

Any apps or magazines y'all can recommend? Maybe for some new chemistry discoveries?
 
I usually let Apple News or other services deliver news. I figure if it’s important enough, it should show up on one of those. Has been working so far.
 
I've noticed most news and casual reader material is WAY behind. They'll have news on or something in Reader's Digest and be hailing it as some breakthrough, and its OLD news.

I use databases such as NIH, CINAHL, AJM, etc. and read Scientific American and other publications for these reasons.

I don't know what I'll do when I'm no longer a student :/. I love utilizing my school's online library