Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my acceptance call this morning :) Im so excited. 99% sure I will be attending Belmont. Good luck to everyone else that is waiting to hear back!

Congrats!!!

I'm going to attend the last interview so my hopes aren't that high anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

I got my acceptance call this morning :) Im so excited. 99% sure I will be attending Belmont. Good luck to everyone else that is waiting to hear back!

Congrats on getting accepted! I haven't received any phone call yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on everyone getting accepted to Belmont!! I got my acceptance call this morning and I was so RELIEVED..Has anybody started looking for housing yet?

I notice a lot of you got accepted. It makes me wonder if it is worth it for me to go to Nashville and fight for a couple of seats left since I plan to go on the last interview date.

Anyhow...I guess I should give it a shot so that I will not regret it in the future.

Please GO to the interview. They still have spots available and you never know what your chances would have been if you do not go! The admissions committee takes a lot into consideration and you have a good chance of getting a spot too! They are big on wanting to you to make a decision that FITS your needs. Good luck at the interview!!

Please GO to the interview. They still have spots available and you never know what your chances would have been if you do not go! The admissions committee takes a lot into consideration and you have a good chance of getting a spot too! They are big on wanting to you to make a decision that FITS your needs. Good luck at the interview!!

Oh really? Thanks for raising my hopes up!!! I hope they want me as much as I want to go. :)

Oh really? Thanks for raising my hopes up!!! I hope they want me as much as I want to go. :)

Yes go to the interview, if they invited you they see something in your application that they like. Also make sure to look at the website and bring any questions you have about the program, area, school, etc.

Congrats on everyone getting accepted to Belmont!! I got my acceptance call this morning and I was so RELIEVED..Has anybody started looking for housing yet?

Yes I have, Ive recieved a lot of advice on locations outside of nashville and stuff like that, like southeast nashville is supposed to be full of crime, and ive been told traffic is horrible in the morning when coming from the south.

Yes I have, Ive recieved a lot of advice on locations outside of nashville and stuff like that, like southeast nashville is supposed to be full of crime, and ive been told traffic is horrible in the morning when coming from the south.

I'm going to be attending Lipscomb, but I'm in Nashville looking at housing this weekend, so I'd thought I'd weigh in. I too had been told the traffic to the south was horrible, but I think it is all relative to what you are accustomed to. I'm looking at buying a house in the nipper's corner/brentwood area (I-65 & Old Hickory), so I woke up this morning to do a trial run to school. I-65 north was flowing freely - and there was hardly any traffic on any of the side streets. It was nothing compared to the traffic in my hometown. Based on my experiences today, I'm not worried about the traffic at all! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be attending Lipscomb, but I'm in Nashville looking at housing this weekend, so I'd thought I'd weigh in. I too had been told the traffic to the south was horrible, but I think it is all relative to what you are accustomed to. I'm looking at buying a house in the nipper's corner/brentwood area (I-65 & Old Hickory), so I woke up this morning to do a trial run to school. I-65 north was flowing freely - and there was hardly any traffic on any of the side streets. It was nothing compared to the traffic in my hometown. Based on my experiences today, I'm not worried about the traffic at all! :laugh:

I actually live in Nashville and have for several years. The Nippers Corner area, and Brentwood as well, are nice areas and traffic from there to the school should be no worse than coming from other directions. It is all relative as you wrote. I don't live in those areas now but did for years and had no problem getting to work in an area close to both schools.

I received my alternate list letter in the mail today. :( I guess I can always hope that I get pulled off from the list by the end of summer because I was impressed of the program when I was there for an interview.

I received my alternate list letter in the mail today. :( I guess I can always hope that I get pulled off from the list by the end of summer because I was impressed of the program when I was there for an interview.

Good luck to you! Who was your interviewer on the 7th?

I received an interview invite letter for April 28th, but I originally picked May 5th as my first choice for the interview. Did anybody get their interview choice for the date of May 5th? I'm confused because Ginger told me that I was one of the first people to call and confirm for the May 5th interview date. I'm kind of in a jam because I have finals on April 28th...:scared:

I received an interview invite letter for April 28th, but I originally picked May 5th as my first choice for the interview. Did anybody get their interview choice for the date of May 5th? I'm confused because Ginger told me that I was one of the first people to call and confirm for the May 5th interview date. I'm kind of in a jam because I have finals on April 28th...:scared:

Sorry to hear you didn't get your choice date. You can ask your professors if you can take your finals on a different date. In the end, it'll all work out just fine.

May would have been a better date for me financially but April is still okay. I already bought the flight tickets, booked a hotel, and reserved a rental car. I just need to gather all my courage, and then I am all ready to go!!! :D

Why dont you call and talk to Ginger. She is really nice, and she might be able to change it. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, and if you cant get it changed hopefully your professors will figure something out with your finals.

Dr. Kiningham. She was nice. Who did you have?

I had Dr. Chirico, but I sat with her at lunch. She is really nice, well i thought everyone was nice though. So are you still hoping to get in at Belmont or do you have another school u are leaning towards?

I had Dr. Chirico, but I sat with her at lunch. She is really nice, well i thought everyone was nice though. So are you still hoping to get in at Belmont or do you have another school u are leaning towards?

Oh that's funny, I sat at the table with Dr. Chirico for lunch. I didn't know she was paying attention to who I ate with because she mentioned about it during the interview. Which table did you sit at?

hey! I am in BUSOPs class of 2012 and saw your post about places to live....If you have some areas that you are considering and want me to see if I have heard of any places, don't hesitate to ask! Good luck on ure search! =)

Oh that's funny, I sat at the table with Dr. Chirico for lunch. I didn't know she was paying attention to who I ate with because she mentioned about it during the interview. Which table did you sit at?

I sat with Dr. Kiningham and a current student.

Dont worry, even though alot of ppl have been accepted, not everyone will attend Belmont. Me for instance, I am absolutely impress by the school... but because of financial reasons and family, I will be staying home for school. So once everything is finalized for me with Nova.. I will officially decline my seat to Belmont. Im pretty sure there are more out of state students that have the same situation that I am in. So dont lose hope! ^_^

Sorry to hear you didn't get your choice date. You can ask your professors if you can take your finals on a different date. In the end, it'll all work out just fine.

May would have been a better date for me financially but April is still okay. I already bought the flight tickets, booked a hotel, and reserved a rental car. I just need to gather all my courage, and then I am all ready to go!!! :D

I guess I'll see you in Nashville because I rearranged my schedule to make it to this last interview. I'm so excited to check out Belmont, but so nervous at the same time. :scared: Good Luck! by the way, my name is Sandy. :oops:

Why dont you call and talk to Ginger. She is really nice, and she might be able to change it. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, and if you cant get it changed hopefully your professors will figure something out with your finals.

Thanks for your advice! :) I did call and talk to Ginger. She was very nice, and I ended up rescheduling my final exam so that I could attend the April 28th interview.

Has anyone gotten pulled from the alternate list yet? Probably, they're going to wait after they interview their last batch this Tuesday.

nah, wen i sent Ms chumney an email, she said they are hoping to let us all know by end of may,,, so be prayerful!!:xf:

Got a call today and was accepted into the program from the interviews on the 28th. looking forward to attending!

I'm from interviews on the 28th and I also got my call today! I'm very excited!

Anyone had Dr. Allison?

I didn't get a call yesterday, so I'm expecting my worst nightmare....rejection.

I too think that Dr. Chirico is really nice. That's one of the reasons we hired him...oh, and that he has 25 years of amazing pharmacy practice experience in such varied areas as the Indian Health Service, the Coast Guard, the Veteran's Administration Service, among other activities.

And, to top it off, he's an excellent musician...a closet song writer, guitarist and singer. His performance at the end of the year Pharmacy School celebration last week was killer.

We've got a talented mix of faculty here at Belmont, and Dr. Chirico represents the tip of the iceberg. It makes me happy to see that you all can see the human elements taht we belive sets us apart.

Happy end of the term. Our last day of classes was today.

Dr. Eric H. Hobson
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

I'm on the same boat as you are. I totally bombed my interview because I got so nervous that I was studdering in English.

I received a letter in the mail saying that I was put on the alternative list. They said that my application was 'very strong' and that if I do not get a seat this year, I should reapply for Class of 2014. My application fee will be waived and I will be given "full consideration".

Did anyone get a similar letter to mine? I also wonder what they really meant by "full consideration"? Does that mean I will be guaranteed a seat next year if I do not get in this year? or does it only mean that I will start out the same as other students who apply for the first time or perhaps I will have a little of advantage?

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know. As of now, I do not know what I should feel. I feel disappointed (I wasn't accepted right away) yet excited at the same time (because I might get accepted later on). :oops:

I also wonder if Belmont ranks their alternatives...anyone know?

I'm on the same boat as you are. I totally bombed my interview because I got so nervous that I was studdering in English.

I received a letter in the mail saying that I was put on the alternative list. They said that my application was 'very strong' and that if I do not get a seat this year, I should reapply for Class of 2014. My application fee will be waived and I will be given "full consideration".

Did anyone get a similar letter to mine? I also wonder what they really meant by "full consideration"? Does that mean I will be guaranteed a seat next year if I do not get in this year? or does it only mean that I will start out the same as other students who apply for the first time or perhaps I will have a little of advantage?

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know. As of now, I do not know what I should feel. I feel disappointed (I wasn't accepted right away) yet excited at the same time (because I might get accepted later on). :oops:

I also wonder if Belmont ranks their alternatives...anyone know?

My letter says the same thing, but I'm guessing that our supplemental app fee will be waived if we do decide to apply again for Class of 2014. They will give us "full consideration" even if our fee is waived, which means that we still have to go through the same entire process like this year's. I called Dr. Chumney about a couple weeks ago (the day before the last interview) regarding my ranking on the alternate list and she said that they will have a better idea of where I stand by the beginning of June.

My letter says the same thing, but I'm guessing that our supplemental app fee will be waived if we do decide to apply again for Class of 2014. They will give us "full consideration" even if our fee is waived, which means that we still have to go through the same entire process like this year's. I called Dr. Chumney about a couple weeks ago (the day before the last interview) regarding my ranking on the alternate list and she said that they will have a better idea of where I stand by the beginning of June.

thanks a lot for the quick reply. So then...should we call the office of admission for the rankings when the second week of June comes around?

thanks again for saving me the time to call them

Are there any current P1s (well P2s now) that are on here? Im wondering what u think are the pros/cons of the new program at Belmont. Do you like the school/program/Nashville? If you had to choose again would you go somewhere else or stick with Belmont? What was a normal day of classes like? Mostly lecture and take notes or group work etc... Anything helps, Im still trying to decide whats best for me! Feel free to PM if you would rather do that, than post a reply.

Thanks

thanks a lot for the quick reply. So then...should we call the office of admission for the rankings when the second week of June comes around?

thanks again for saving me the time to call them

I'd say the first week of June is fine, or at least I think that's what Dr. Chumney told me. May is wrapping to an end, so hopefully some of us will get pulled off from the alternate list. :luck:

I'd say the first week of June is fine, or at least I think that's what Dr. Chumney told me. May is wrapping to an end, so hopefully some of us will get pulled off from the alternate list. :luck:

I'm waiting...anxiously! :scared:

Did anybody see the new PharmCAS statistics for Belmont? It looks like they were very selective with roughly an 18% post-interview acceptance rate.

• Estimated number interviewed for fall 2009 Entering Class:
550 • Estimated number accepted:

Yea, I saw the new stats on PharmCAS. I heard that there are about 74 people on the alternate list. So, if they accepted about 100 people, then this means that about 375 people got rejected post-interview?

Yea, I saw the new stats on PharmCAS. I heard that there are about 74 people on the alternate list. So, if they accepted about 100 people, then this means that about 375 people got rejected post-interview?

Did you spoke with Ginger? I called her and she did say there were 74 people on the waitlist. Then I asked her where I was ranked. She said that she could not pin point the exact number but could only generalize where I am located within the 74 slots. I'm on the bottom half so I guess I am probably out of luck to get into the class of 2013.

According to Ginger, she said they went through about half of the people on the waitlist. She told me to call and check back in mid July to see where I stand.

Where are you ranked Cinnamoroll? Or perhaps you don't really care because I thought I read in one of your post that you already got accepted to a pharmacy school?

Hey everyone...this is odd.

I went on pharmcas to check on Belmont's infor and it's not there anymore? Are you guys experiencing the same thing as me?

Did you spoke with Ginger? I called her and she did say there were 74 people on the waitlist. Then I asked her where I was ranked. She said that she could not pin point the exact number but could only generalize where I am located within the 74 slots. I'm on the bottom half so I guess I am probably out of luck to get into the class of 2013.

According to Ginger, she said they went through about half of the people on the waitlist. She told me to call and check back in mid July to see where I stand.

Where are you ranked Cinnamoroll? Or perhaps you don't really care because I thought I read in one of your post that you already got accepted to a pharmacy school?

Yes, I did speak to Ginger. I'm in the bottom half just like you. :( Well, we'll see what happens by the end of July. Have you heard from your other schools?