Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this the same Eric Hobson that was at South? you are so "student oriented" now. A complete opposite to what you were at South. What changed you?

According to Belmonts Website this is his involvement with South:

Aug '05- Sep '07
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Assessment
South University; Savannah, GA

Also interesting...this is involvement with ACPE:

January 2007 - Present
Site Team Evaluator: Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
August 2006 - Present
Site Team Evaluator: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. This is the same E. Hobson. No real changes that I can see execpt for context and circumstances.

We wear different hats at different times in our lives, and, in some cases, our action/motivations are perceived by others via those roles. Basically, sometimes roles require the "Black Hat", and when environment changes that same hat can be seen as "White Hat."

Working with pharmacy students is about as good a career as one can have, even when you have to play the "No" role.

Dr. Eric H. Hobson
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP

After reading all these posts, I'm more excited than ever! You guys are great! I'm e-submitting next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the minimum PCAT SCORE TO APPLY TO BELMONT?

Last edited:
There isn't a minimum PCAT score listed on their PharmCAS page. Just a minimum gpa of 2.7 . If theres a min., its usually listed there.

I will be taken the PCAT in January. Do you think that the committee at Belmont will grant me an interview without my PCAT before January or they will just wait until after January?

What is the average PCAT score during your first year class?

At Belmont we've chosen not to set a minimum PCAT for admissions decisions. While we understand why many programs choose to do so, we believe in evaluating an entire applicant's history and want to learn as much about them as we can.

"Best match" is a big deal for the faculty at Belmont. We'll be working with student for four years (and then across their professional careers) and know that scroes generated on multiple-choice tests, tell us very little about the person behind the score.

You can learn more about the Belmont admissions philosophy by contacting members of our admissions team led by Dr. Elinor Chumney, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs (615.460.6747)

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Belmont USOP

Can you tell us when interview invites should start going out? Also, if selected how will we be notified?

Thanks!

Can you tell us when interview invites should start going out? Also, if selected how will we be notified?

Thanks!

Hi, I called Belmont University School of Pharmacy yesterday and the person who I talked to told me that they will probably begin in January. The administration at Belmont are so friendly and that tell a lot about the school. I am most definitely applying. Good luck everyone.

:)

Last edited:
Does anybody know how many applications Belmont received last year?

We received over 400 applications in our first year...without using PharmaCAS. Of those, we interviewed approx. 250, from which we seated our class of 75.

This year we are in PharmCAS, and, of course, are seeing a surge in applications as a result. We anticipate a doubling of applications this year over last...at a minimum.

Eric H. Hobosn, Ph.D.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Dr. Hobson,

I believe Belmont uses a rolling admissions process. Is that correct? Also, do you review applications on a weekly basis? If so, I need to send in my supplemental asap!

Our interview process will not begin until January. After that, the rolling admissions kicks in. The sooner your application is complete, however, the better.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Belmont USOP

Hi Dr. Hobson

I finish the pharmcas application (everything). But on the status section on the pharcas, it showed that the university received my supplemental application and the fee, but it did not say anything about the reference letter 1 and 2.

Thanks

Hi Dr. Hobson

I finish the pharmcas application (everything). But on the status section on the pharcas, it showed that the university received my supplemental application and the fee, but it did not say anything about the reference letter 1 and 2.

Thanks
That's a Pharmcas issue...not on his side of the application process at Belmont.

Hi Dr. Hobson

Thanks

I just checked pharmCAS and I'm getting the same results as you did. I'm sure our reference letters were send along with the pharmCAS application and Belmont COP already received the letters of reference.

I emailed Ginger earlier this month and was told my application is complete. If it makes you feel any better, you can email or call Belmont and ask Ginger to check on your status.

hope that helps a little.

I just checked pharmCAS and I'm getting the same results as you did. I'm sure our reference letters were send along with the pharmCAS application and Belmont COP already received the letters of reference.

I emailed Ginger earlier this month and was told my application is complete. If it makes you feel any better, you can email or call Belmont and ask Ginger to check on your status.

hope that helps a little.

Who is Ginger? and the email address is from the pharmcas website right?

thank you for the help.

Who is Ginger? and the email address is from the pharmcas website right?

thank you for the help.

Yes, I used the same email address listed on pharmCAS website. Ginger is the lady who replied to my email.

Anybody know what Tennessee is like? I bet there is a lot to do outdoors like mountain biking/hiking. Anyway I think I would dig living there!

Hmmm, I sent all my stuff in a couple weeks ago and pharmcas says not received. They cashed my supplemental check though, I wonder if that means all is well? I also emailed to confirm and got no response.

I currently attend Belmont School of Pharmacy and currently class secretary. So far, I really enjoy the school and my experience here. The administration is extremely friendly and supportive. Nashville is a fun and nice city to live in. You can get the city and country feel at the same time. If you have any questions that I can answer(especially coming from the student perspective) please free to ask.

I currently attend Belmont School of Pharmacy and currently class secretary. So far, I really enjoy the school and my experience here. The administration is extremely friendly and supportive. Nashville is a fun and nice city to live in. You can get the city and country feel at the same time. If you have any questions that I can answer(especially coming from the student perspective) please free to ask.

On estimate, how much are you paying for your on campus or off campus housing at Belmont?

In your opinion, is it better to live on or off campus?

For your first year, do you need a car to get around? (I'm thinking yes)

On campus housing is only avaliable to undergrad students. All the pharmacy students live off campus. Rent ranges, but it cost a bit more living closer to campus. For the most part, living by yourself, you will end up paying from $660-$850 a month. Several of my classmates are roommates, which helps. There are plently of apartments in Nashville. You will seriously need a car especially during your 2nd semester and on. This is when you start your rotations. Only 1 of the students does not have a car but he lives downtown (rent is more) and takes the public bus, which is free to all Belmont students.

Anybody know what Tennessee is like? I bet there is a lot to do outdoors like mountain biking/hiking. Anyway I think I would dig living there!

I drove through west Tennessee this past Friday. All I can say is there were lots of trees...

I like how the air is so fresh. Temperature is a bit on the cold side right now: 40-50F during the day and 30F at night. It's quite windy too.

You'll like the place if you like the outdoors.

Last edited:
Hi would you guys who received interview invites already sure your stats? Congrat to you all!!

Has anyone that applied received any information from the school? The supplemental seems....pointless. There is nothing on it they can't get from pharmcas. Seems like they are just using it to get application fee checks. I like that they dont start reviewing apps for interviews until january though, gives me some extra time to get my stuff in.

Has anyone that applied received any information from the school? The supplemental seems....pointless. There is nothing on it they can't get from pharmcas. Seems like they are just using it to get application fee checks. I like that they dont start reviewing apps for interviews until january though, gives me some extra time to get my stuff in.

If you read back in this thread the director of admissions was kind enough to explain why this is so. Much respect to Belmont for understanding how many essays we have to write. Sure they need the fee like everyone else, but they really seem to have the right attitude when it comes to selecting future students.

If you read back in this thread the director of admissions was kind enough to explain why this is so. Much respect to Belmont for understanding how many essays we have to write. Sure they need the fee like everyone else, but they really seem to have the right attitude when it comes to selecting future students.

yeah I read through all the old posts, it still didnt make sense to me why we needed to send them a supplemental. basically all it has is our personal information which pharmcas already sends, and then credit card information for how we want to pay the fee.

I am glad there is no essay, I just thought that if they were gonna take the time to set up a supplemental, there would be something more to it. I know a few schools ask for your "pre-requisite" listings and grades. It makes you feel like you are actually paying for something. Just my $0.02

yeah I read through all the old posts, it still didnt make sense to me why we needed to send them a supplemental. basically all it has is our personal information which pharmcas already sends, and then credit card information for how we want to pay the fee.

I am glad there is no essay, I just thought that if they were gonna take the time to set up a supplemental, there would be something more to it. I know a few schools ask for your "pre-requisite" listings and grades. It makes you feel like you are actually paying for something. Just my $0.02

Not to be frank but there are many other schools that does this as well. No big deal!! If you really want to go to the school then just got to follow their guidelines!:luck:

Dr. Eric H. Hobson,

Is a Toefl must for Canadian students studying in USA currently?
I really feel that I do not need to take Toefl. I graduated from Toronto high school. Since then I have been in US accredited university. Can I waive this Toefl requirement?

I didn't mind completing that short supplemental at all. :D Anyway, did the admissions office say that Belmont will "send out invitations IN January" or did they say they'll "send out invitations FOR January interviews"??? If they are conducting january interviews, shouldn't they mail out invitations this month (Dec.)??? I'm hoping to get an interview so I can check out the school. :)

Not to be frank but there are many other schools that does this as well. No big deal!! If you really want to go to the school then just got to follow their guidelines!:luck:

OH you got me all twisted! lol. I like the short application. EASY! I got the application filled out, just gotta send it in and get pharmcas to send off my stuff. Fun Fun.

Moving from Chicago to Nashville was a huge transition. But it's been such a great experience being in a completely new environment and location. To my knowledge, I haven't heard that many people going mountain biking or hiking. But when it was mentioned the person traveled to the Smokies because the trails are supposedly great. One great thing I've really enjoyed about Nashville is the warmer weather.

Yay! I had just completed and mailed my supplemental app today! I am really looking forward to next month when the invites are out. :luck:

Does anybody know how many applicants there were last year?

Does anybody know how many applicants there were last year?

Scroll up this page a little more. I asked this very same question and here is what Dr. Hobson said:

"We received over 400 applications in our first year...without using PharmaCAS. Of those, we interviewed approx. 250, from which we seated our class of 75.

This year we are in PharmCAS, and, of course, are seeing a surge in applications as a result. We anticipate a doubling of applications this year over last...at a minimum.

Eric H. Hobosn, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs"

Last edited:
My mistake! I read most of this thread, but obviously overlooked the one question I was looking for. Thanks.

No prob! Are you planning to apply there? I see that you're already accepted to a pharmacy school though.

I have already applied to Belmont...did so back in October. I am accepted somewhere, but also very interested in Belmont. I see that you have also applied to multiple schools as well ;)

did anyone get a "happy holidays" photograph from belmont in the mail?

its shows the students and admin, im guessing. what are we supposed to do with it or take away from this mailing???

I also got the card. I thought it was a nice gesture on the school's behalf and shows they care about their applicants. Just do with it as you would any other holiday card.

Got one as well. I would rather be notified of an interview than to receive a Christmas card. Oh well, I guess its nice that they did think of their applicants for the holidays. I don't see any other schools doing this.

I saw the letter and immediately thought "rejection". I was pleasantly surprised. It is a nice gesture, however an invite would have been solid.

I saw the letter and immediately thought "rejection". I was pleasantly surprised. It is a nice gesture, however an invite would have been solid.
Me too because it came in a regular envelope.

I got the card as well. There is a blonde gal about three rows up toward the right that is quite easy on the eyes! I'm looking forward to Belmont!! LOL

Anyone else get an invitation for an interview today? Looks like they've started sending them out! :D