Bernard ackerman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paleman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all those who didn't know, Dr A. Bernard Ackerman died last week. He was a leader in the field of Dermatopathology, and has been one of the most productive pathologists of recent times.

Members don't see this ad.

For all those who didn't know, Dr A. Bernard Ackerman died last week. He was a leader in the field of Dermatopathology, and has been one of the most productive pathologists of recent times.

Didn't know that. He is the father of Dermpath.

I did a dermpath rotation with Rapini a few months ago and he spoke very highly of Dr. Ackerman (despite disagreeing vociferously with many of Ackerman's conclusions).

Members don't see this ad :)
I did a dermpath rotation with Rapini a few months ago and he spoke very highly of Dr. Ackerman (despite disagreeing vociferously with many of Ackerman's conclusions).

people relished "disagreeing vociferously" behind his back. Bernie would eat the average critic for lunch. anyone see the ackerman versus rosai battle at USCAP 1989?

people relished "disagreeing vociferously" behind his back. Bernie would eat the average critic for lunch. anyone see the ackerman versus rosai battle at USCAP 1989?

does this explain why poor ol' Rosai was forced into exile in Milan? :laugh::laugh: yeah right. i'm sure he's living it up with the all the wine and fine brunettes.

TMZ is correct. Rapini speaks highly of Ackerman, and of other dermatopathologists, even if he disagrees with their ideas. He always talks about how dermpath is a free for all where everyone has their own ideas and criteria, as opposed to gyn path, for example, where more rigid standards and criteria are applied. Dr. Diwan at M.D. Anderson said that even if you disagree with Ackerman (as he usually does), he did make dermpath fun with all of his clues, the "spaghetti sign" for MF, etc. In any case, he made contributions numerous to the study academic of dermatopathology.

No, but please, do tell ...

lets see i believe this was pretty much the gist

Attachments

• spanking.jpg
    spanking.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 379
does this explain why poor ol' Rosai was forced into exile in Milan? :laugh::laugh: yeah right. i'm sure he's living it up with the all the wine and fine brunettes.

Hmmm I wonder how they managed to write a textbook together. or was that a different Ackerman?

Hmmm I wonder how they managed to write a textbook together. or was that a different Ackerman?

That was Lauren Ackerman, formerly of Wash U St Louis. Here is his obit from 15 yrs ago. Everyone who goes into pathology should learn a bit about Lauren Ackerman.

I spent a lot of time on that website Ackerman start about truthful testimony. http://www.truthfultestimony.org/ It was fascinating to get a glimpse into the malpractice arena, whether you agree with Ackerman's positions and tactics or not.

I spent a lot of time on that website Ackerman start about truthful testimony. http://www.truthfultestimony.org/ It was fascinating to get a glimpse into the malpractice arena, whether you agree with Ackerman's positions and tactics or not.

Wow, interesting site... thanks for the link. I just read through the "deposition at Kinko's" transcript. Pretty interesting stuff...

Man, dermpath is such a minefield.

/agreed. But breast and cyto are not far behind.

Should have gone forensics, little room for litigation there.

Truthful testimony website is a must-read for everybody.

yaah, the case on that site was a very interesting read. Thanks for making me aware of the site.
That was Lauren Ackerman, formerly of Wash U St Louis. Here is his obit from 15 yrs ago. Everyone who goes into pathology should learn a bit about Lauren Ackerman.