Best Anki Deck for Embryo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeikoTanaka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want one that really chronologically just goes through everything.

I feel like my school's Embryo was all over the place and weirdly put in with Anatomy (I think they should have been separate classes tbh) so I am just wondering if anyone knows of a nice Anki deck which puts all we need to know into one place.

Thanks1

Members don't see this ad.

Idk of one but YouTube always helps. Brs has high yield embryo. Zanki also has high yield first aid embryo. If you google things you’ll usually find some other med school sites with things and that’s been helpful for me also.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk of one but YouTube always helps. Brs has high yield embryo. Zanki also has high yield first aid embryo. If you google things you’ll usually find some other med school sites with things and that’s been helpful for me also.
High yield and embryo should never be in the same sentence.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
why? cardio embryo pretty high yield right? all the pharyngeal arches?
Extremely low yield for boards, FA has a fun little way of talking through it in your head. But yeah, precisely zero questions on my Step and I can’t recall a single arch question in the NBMEs, but don’t quote me on that. The light year cards were good for it too since B&B has short dedicated videos to those crappy topics.

Reactions: 1 users
Extremely low yield for boards, FA has a fun little way of talking through it in your head. But yeah, precisely zero questions on my Step and I can’t recall a single arch question in the NBMEs, but don’t quote me on that. The light year cards were good for it too since B&B has short dedicated videos to those crappy topics.
I did not hit my goal on Step and I highly attribute it to getting lost in the weeds with crap like this.

Reactions: 1 user
I did not hit my goal on Step and I highly attribute it to getting lost in the weeds with crap like this.

This is spot on. Looking back, I don't know how I could have not freaked out about silly low-yield stuff like embryo and the sonic the hedgehog gene... at the time, it felt like everything was of equal importance. But so much time was wasted for me.

OP your best bet is to sift through Zanki and pull out cards you'd like to study. Watch BnB for their embryo videos, they have more than enough info in there for you. Quickest route is to watch DirtyUSMLE's videos.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn’t have one single embryo question on step or level 1. It was actually my highest scoring section in uworld. Totally a waste. Zanki embryo is perfectly fine for step.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users