best books for nbde part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rdxkalra

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all students preparing nbde part 1... and all who all already passed .... suggest best books for getting good scores in nbde part 1.

Members don't see this ad.

I read lots of thread,

I could summarized :

Dental decks
ASDA released exams and old tests
First Aid NBDE I
First Aid USMLE I

I found that additional to this materials,
I personally like Microbiology makes ridiculously simple

and DVD series from Dr. Acland for Anatomy. This is awesome!

hi this is my only chance to ace nbde part1..please advice on the books, notes etc i need to refer to get a good score. any advice will be highly appreciated. my current nbde score is 83. i used kaplan notes, released papers, decks. now to start afresh i need all u guys who have done excellent to guide me. thx again
http://img4.studentdoctor.net/images/icons/icon4.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Study smart rather than study hard. What you have mentioned is essential material...but try Kaplan dentessentials or First Aid for NBDE books...also Okeson is really good to perform well on the DA section. Good luck!

thanx a lot tooth fairy! i got dentessentials and first aid..will do that too..do u think acland videos are good! please advice on any other material i will need. i appreciate your time and help!

Okeson is pretty essential also. I think its the key to doing well in DA. I also got some files from friends with some mneumonics and charts for micro and patho...they helped me towards retaining material in creative ways.

hey,
im new here and graduated from pakistan 5 years ago. i wnt to give my nbdes and was wondering is it adequate if i do dental decks, asda released exams and first aid nbde. pls reply....thnks

To whom it may concern
if you want to pass the dental decks along with somethign else is suffice. but if you want to score well, then you should be prepared.

Use sources that get you high scores. for internationals, scoring is key since you are still seeking admission into the program! for anyone seeking to buy studying materials, contact me.

To whom it may concern
if you want to pass the dental decks along with somethign else is suffice. but if you want to score well, then you should be prepared.

Use sources that get you high scores. for internationals, scoring is key since you are still seeking admission into the program! for anyone seeking to buy studying materials, contact me.

thank you so much for the reply. i want to buy the asda test packets from I-J to I-N . would you have these five books??? as well as if you have q-bank for kaplan.
would you tell me if it is sufficient to do dental anatomy and occlusion from first aid or should i be doing some other books as well.... thanks

To whom it may concern

Please can you send to me your email.

thanks allot.

Kaplan lecture book was good, IMO. Thought the First Aid wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, so many mistakes. First Aid for USMILE was good also.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi toothfairy
congratulations for your admission.can you tell me what materials you used.You said Okeson is good for DA.what other books you refered and how much time did you take to prapare.plz reply.
Thanks in advance
Okeson is pretty essential also. I think its the key to doing well in DA. I also got some files from friends with some mneumonics and charts for micro and patho...they helped me towards retaining material in creative ways.

Hello,
Can u share those files with the mnemonics n charts? It would be a gr8 help...

hey all students preparing nbde part 1... and all who all already passed .... suggest best books for getting good scores in nbde part 1.

i just found a cool little book, on local anesthesia. Local anesthesia for the dental professional. Quick and easy review on local.

hi..im from pakistan...gonna graduate...um wht do i need 2 do 2 get a 99 score in NBDE1....all my 4 siblings r doctors but im a dental student..so could u plz show me the way...cause i just dont knw hw 2 study for this computer exam cause its way different from wht we r studying in A.M.C.pakistan...im in US at the moment...
lots of prayers and kind regards,
suny:)

I read lots of thread,

I could summarized :

Dental decks
First Aid NBDE I
First Aid USMLE I

Hello, Blissonearth,

I'm just wondering where i can get the ASDA released exams and old tests?
I heard i can purchase some old tests online but i dont know where i should look up to. Do you happen to know?

Hi..
Im preparing foir my NBDE 1 and i saw the list of books that most of you guys recommanded to others.
Dental decks
First Aid NBDE I
First Aid USMLE I

and DVD series from Dr. Acland for Anatomy. !

can you please tell me from where so i get the microbioligya nd the anatyomy dvd series i need them ASAP.
really appreciate

I read lots of thread,

I could summarized :

Dental decks
First Aid NBDE I
First Aid USMLE I

which is better first aid or Kaplan????

hello there,

plz help me where can i find ASDA Q & old papers...
:confused:plz tel me about kaplan book.....whether i ve to buy kaplan book fr individual sub required for NBDE part 1...i cant understand...plz help
:confused:

I'm wondering to know which one is better? kaplan lecture note 2010 or kaplan medical uslme part 1 or High-Yield NBDE Part I Review (Kaplan Dentessentials).

hi there-

trying to get a good deal from second years just off boards, but im not sure what is most helpful!

here is what im being offered:
Kaplan DentEssentials
2 ridiculously simple books (micro and neuro)
Board Review Systems? books (these are Med board review books)
-Physiology
-Cell Biology & Histology
-Neuroanatomy
-Pathology
-Gross Anatomy
-Microbiology & Immunology
-Biochem & Genetics

(and of course dental decks, first aid and old tests)

want to get a good material, but dont want to waste money either!

Thanks!

For Histology I would recommend "Essentials of Oral Histology and Embryology" by Gartner. Excellent little book that gives you exactly what you need to know.

I'm wondering to know which one is better? kaplan lecture note 2010 or kaplan medical uslme part 1 or High-Yield NBDE Part I Review (Kaplan Dentessentials).

I had 3 of them and I think the first aid USMLE part I is the best. Kaplan lecture notes are really wide and dragging... very thick book, I always fall asleep reading it.... :) I know some people like the kaplan lecture notes better... so why don't you try to see how it is first, then decide yourself. Every person has different style of studying. Pick ones you like the best

Happy new year for all , hope it brings to all of you success and happiness
its very important to know the source of studying and guide each other ( human nature)
this topic posted for 12 months and only 3-4 dentists mentioned books names
only blissonearth ( Dentist) who mentioned the whole set!
i believe that a lot of dentists were in the situation of need of hearing an advice and took the exam and moved to the next step without mentioning the effectiveness of their books!!
All i want to say is the more you give the more you gain . ( life nature)
Please be more effective human before being a successful dentist!

Happy new year for all , hope it brings to all of you success and happiness
its very important to know the source of studying and guide each other ( human nature)
this topic posted for 12 months and only 3-4 dentists mentioned books names
only blissonearth ( Dentist) who mentioned the whole set!
i believe that a lot of dentists were in the situation of need of hearing an advice and took the exam and moved to the next step without mentioning the effectiveness of their books!!
All i want to say is the more you give the more you gain . ( life nature)
Please be more effective human before being a successful dentist!
hi there,
i just started preparing for NBDE1 again.Do you know anything about A.....z DAY1 BIOCHEMITS book,if i am not writting wrong name.

Hi can you tell me where to get those files for mnemonics.I really need them to help me memorize..Thanks in advance.

can yoy please tell where can I access those mnemonics files.

Hi, i have complete part 1 preparation material, the decks 2010, old questions (paper copy), lecture notes (paper copy), Mosby review (paper copy) and high yield review (paper copy) inaddition to various electronic books like (Netter neuro atlas) and demonstration videos. it is all you need to ace the exam, I got 94 by using them for preparation, anyone interested plz pm me
Can you pls tell me hw much u'r planning to sell thm all for?

Hi, i have complete part 1 preparation material, the decks 2010, old questions (paper copy), lecture notes (paper copy), Mosby review (paper copy) and high yield review (paper copy) inaddition to various electronic books like (Netter neuro atlas) and demonstration videos. it is all you need to ace the exam, I got 94 by using them for preparation, anyone interested plz pm me

Hi...

I am looking for these study materials..
How do i contact u to buy these stuff from u?

Thanks

Hi,iam new at SDN,i'm also from Pakistan,just wanted to know if u already take the exam,if yes which books u used to study from?

anybody willing to share dental decks 2012-12. if yes plz e mail me at [email protected]. I have lot of other stuff that we can share. i also have dental decks 2009, so not willing to buy a new one.

Hi,

I have dental decks 2012-2013 , ASDA (all papers so far till N series) + First Aid (Latest edition) + Mosby (Latest edition) + Kaplan . I will sell it for 50$ and free expedite shipping. Interested candidate please mail me at [email protected].

Thank you

Hi i am selling dental decks, kaplan, firstaid, and part one ASDA in just $180
everything is in very good condition,
decks are original in box and kaplan and firstaid are in book form(no soft copy)

anyone interested pm me