Best food/drinks for day of exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FA2013ismylife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys suggest to bring to eat/drink.

What are some foods/drinks to definitely avoid?

Members don't see this ad.

alcohol (to avoid)

but seriously I would just try and steer clear of things that will make you feel crappy, sleepy or result in you having to go to the bathroom a lot. beyond that the world is your oyster. although, healthy snacks are always good.

it just might be a good idea to make sure you have eaten whatever it is you plan to bring. step is not the time to try out a new fangled protein bar or energy drink, especially if you are not sure how it will affect you.

Just eat what you normally eat. Obviously if you're eating pizza/burgers on a regular basis, you should probably opt for a lighter meal + change what you normally eat as well.

Also try to opt for the safer side of things. If you normally drink OJ for breakfast, perhaps try water instead. I had an experience when I usually have OJ, but that morning along with anxiety from having a big test, I had massive stomach pain throughout the process. No seafood, weird meats, processed foods, street food, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll probably have some oatmeal with protein powder mixed in it with some coconut oil before I go (test is at 1pm), and take some nuts. Hard boiled eggs is a good idea for lunch, maybe with a salad. It's probably best to keep it light

I see a lot of protein in the above recommendations, which I believe is a great choice for daily food intake. However, don't forget that your brain runs on glucose:naughty:

Yeah oatmeal with nuts will definitely be in my arsenal. Any other energy packed foods we can think of? Dried fruit? Crack?

definitely crack and maybe a little meth as a pick me up. it is a long and depressing event after all.