Best Specialties for the Type-B Personality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bu bu bu bump

Here's a new twist to this old question.

I am a type B personality who failed one MS1/2 course. Been doing well afterward but I do have that huge mark against me. What specialties do you think would be good for type B personalities who have failed a course and let's say has a 230ish on the usmle (haven't taken it yet but I don't think that a 230 is out of the question given that I am doing better)?

From the "Type B" side of things, virtually anything that isn't a high-pressure surgical specialty, EM or Crit Care would be reasonable. From the Course failure standpoint, it depends on what course but Derm and Rad Onc are probably out, as are some of the surgical specialties which you probably wouldn't thrive in anyway.

Why not just see how M3 goes and pursue something that interests you?

Reactions: 2 users
From the "Type B" side of things, virtually anything that isn't a high-pressure surgical specialty, EM or Crit Care would be reasonable. From the Course failure standpoint, it depends on what course but Derm and Rad Onc are probably out, as are some of the surgical specialties which you probably wouldn't thrive in anyway.

Why not just see how M3 goes and pursue something that interests you?
Sounds reasonable.

It would be nice to work towards something more concrete but I will just let the chips fall where they may.

It would be nice to work towards something more concrete but I will just let the chips fall where they may.
So decide what you want to be when you grow up. Work towards that. Letting a single pre-clinical failure define your future is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 users
Is it the plenty of money or relaxation that you are opposed to?
lol, no I just don't like physiatry.

I'll just pick whatever comes along. Probably won't end up in surgery or fp, obgyn.

12+medical+specialty+stereotypes+full+%2528new%2529.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Besides PM & R, what are other specialties that are good for the lazy(er) folks? if you don't care about money.....but you care about lifestyle (lots and lots of free time to chill)?

residency sucks.....