Best Specialties for the Type-B Personality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bu bu bu bump

Here's a new twist to this old question.

I am a type B personality who failed one MS1/2 course. Been doing well afterward but I do have that huge mark against me. What specialties do you think would be good for type B personalities who have failed a course and let's say has a 230ish on the usmle (haven't taken it yet but I don't think that a 230 is out of the question given that I am doing better)?

From the "Type B" side of things, virtually anything that isn't a high-pressure surgical specialty, EM or Crit Care would be reasonable. From the Course failure standpoint, it depends on what course but Derm and Rad Onc are probably out, as are some of the surgical specialties which you probably wouldn't thrive in anyway.

Why not just see how M3 goes and pursue something that interests you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From the "Type B" side of things, virtually anything that isn't a high-pressure surgical specialty, EM or Crit Care would be reasonable. From the Course failure standpoint, it depends on what course but Derm and Rad Onc are probably out, as are some of the surgical specialties which you probably wouldn't thrive in anyway.

Why not just see how M3 goes and pursue something that interests you?
Sounds reasonable.

It would be nice to work towards something more concrete but I will just let the chips fall where they may.
 
12+medical+specialty+stereotypes+full+%2528new%2529.jpg
 
Besides PM & R, what are other specialties that are good for the lazy(er) folks? if you don't care about money.....but you care about lifestyle (lots and lots of free time to chill)?

residency sucks.....