Best Stethoscope Inscription Ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneTyme

Kickin' it ol' school
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boom.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 330
OK, splain, was this a present? Is it a common thing? I don't think I've seen such before (but now I'm so getting Dr Midlife engraved on something).

OK, splain, was this a present? Is it a common thing? I don't think I've seen such before (but now I'm so getting Dr Midlife engraved on something).

It's from my wife. Welch Allen, well their distributor really, let us get engraving when we bought our clinical stuff. I wanted something funny but, "If you take this, I will find you." wouldn't fit.

I used to get called 'one time' when I was a cop in 'the hood'. Its west coast slang for cop, as in "I'm only going to tell you this one time".

It should also come in handy on the wards, "I'm only going to tell you this one time, give me my stethoscope back...."

Really though, I just wanted something small that only I would see to keep my reminded of where I've come from and why I'm doing what I'm doing now.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You can also get it engraved at any jewelry store. I got mine as a present before med school and it's engraved with my name, MD. it was a cardio III, and I think they were trying to make sure I don't sell it, grab a classic II, and pocket the change. :cool:

The more pressing issue here is for you to tell us what you think of the electronic stethoscope. :)

The more pressing issue here is for you to tell us what you think of the electronic stethoscope. :)

+1. I'm curious about electronic stethoscopes, or stethophones, as well. I'm drooling at the thought of a wireless stethoscope with a bluetooth earpiece.

Well, you'll have to keep in mind that I can hardly even remember which intercostal spaces to listen for heart sounds....

So far, I really like it. I can hear sounds better because it amplifies and it's faster to switch between diaphragm and bell. Also, it takes a pulse rate for you so that's one less thing to worry about during a physical exam.

It's kinda dorky for an ms1 to have but hey I'm a dork so I find it fitting.

Well, you'll have to keep in mind that I can hardly even remember which intercostal spaces to listen for heart sounds....

So far, I really like it. I can hear sounds better because it amplifies and it's faster to switch between diaphragm and bell. Also, it takes a pulse rate for you so that's one less thing to worry about during a physical exam.

It's kinda dorky for an ms1 to have but hey I'm a dork so I find it fitting.

Bottom line, it's cool but not necessary.