*Best Tips for Applying to Pediatric Dentistry Residency Programs*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This. But you'll, get a lot of fractured/avulsed teeth and pain/abscesses. Nothing too interesting.
Are you a pediatric dentist as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year pediatric dentistry resident who helps applicants create the best application possible. I had a FB group in the past, but I know people value anonymity in the application cycle, so ask a question below, PM a question, and I'll be more than glad to answer. Ask away, feature colleagues! I want to see you all succeed.

I'll also drop tips that I've gathered down below!
Out of curiosity, were you at the top of your class? I'm struggling with climbing the ranks as a D1, which I know will be difficult. I'm working on trying to figure out my next steps and I know research and e.c.'s are major factors, but how did you go about interacting with peds faculty? I was never great at undergrad research so I'm a bit hesitant about how it works in dental school. Do you join existing projects or do you have to develop an idea immediately? I'd like to match immediately, so can you tell be a bit more about your experience and the process overall?

how did you study for ADAT if you took it? Also is rank important for pediatric dental residency acceptance? Currently a D3!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
I am a current D2 and i am interested in peds. I am currently trying to gather my application and be prepared for applying.
I know people say that the NYU Langone programs are different based on the locations, which ones do you think are amongst the best?

Hi,
I will be a D1 student in August and I am interested in peds. I have experience volunteering with Colgate Bright Smiles Bright Futures, Special Smiles - Special Olympics, and shadowing pediatric dentists. I love pediatric dentistry and I want to make my application stand out when it comes to applying. What is a good gpa to have and how much does class rank typically weigh? Are hospital based or academic residencies better? Is it necessary to take the ADAT? I met pediatric dentists who never took it to apply for residencies.

Hi,
I will be a D1 student in August and I am interested in peds. I have experience volunteering with Colgate Bright Smiles Bright Futures, Special Smiles - Special Olympics, and shadowing pediatric dentists. I love pediatric dentistry and I want to make my application stand out when it comes to applying. What is a good gpa to have and how much does class rank typically weigh? Are hospital based or academic residencies better? Is it necessary to take the ADAT? I met pediatric dentists who never took it to apply for residencies.

Depends what you want to do , hospital will give you more rare medical case exposure if it’s a level one trauma center etc but academics will possibly be more research heavy , think about your career aspirations , but ultimately the place that will take you is the best for you , it’s what makes you a peds dentist , and as far as Adat, there was talk of it becoming a thing few years back , but so far seems not to be of consequence for most programs