Biden has won.....What do you think will happen to student loans debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden said he wasn't running in 2024.
I haven't seen him say this - I agree I don't think he will, but haven't heard him actually say it

Members don't see this ad.

Will be interesting to see if Trump will re-run.. If gossip is correct, he is very much interested.. From his children, only Ivanka seems a level-headed one. She might also consider?

For the love of God, no Kamala Harris! Although very much likely she would run for the office.

Will be interesting to see if Trump will re-run.. If gossip is correct, he is very much interested.. From his children, only Ivanka seems a level-headed one. She might also consider?

For the love of God, no Kamala Harris! Although very much likely she would run for the office.
If gossip is correct, then Trump is going to win this election on the basis of proving that widespread, systematic fraud in this election exists and the entire thing should be illegitimate. There's some juicy stuff coming out about Dominion voting systems and Hammer & Scorecard, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled on whatever lawsuit is filed this week as it will probably supercede all the state-specific lawsuits that have already been filed post Nov 4. One of his lawyers said that they will be "releasing the kraken" soon...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If gossip is correct, then Trump is going to win this election on the basis of proving that widespread, systematic fraud in this election exists and the entire thing should be illegitimate. There's some juicy stuff coming out about Dominion voting systems and Hammer & Scorecard, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled on whatever lawsuit is filed this week as it will probably supercede all the state-specific lawsuits that have already been filed post Nov 4. One of his lawyers said that they will be "releasing the kraken" soon...

This election is done. All this nagging is actually going to hurt Republicans in 2024.. Other party members are spineless. So far, only Mitt Romney has pointed out that Trump is acting like a looser and he was considered a traitor by Trump supporters.

You have to win the vote of undecided voters and these people are only turning them off.

Just announced in his press conference that he's signing an executive order forgiving $10k in loans. No further info about caveats.
Does this include students who refinanced their federal loans to private lenders?

Does this include students who refinanced their federal loans to private lenders?
Pretty sure it only includes federal. I think our only hope is one of the Covid relief bills mentioned paying off 10k in private loans.

This election is done. All this nagging is actually going to hurt Republicans in 2024.. Other party members are spineless. So far, only Mitt Romney has pointed out that Trump is acting like a looser and he was considered a traitor by Trump supporters.

You have to win the vote of undecided voters and these people are only turning them off.
Far from it. Trump's legal team is going to "release the kraken" soon since they apparently have overwhelming evidence that there is a coordinated effort to rig the election - never mind the ballot harvesting, blocking poll watchers, counting votes in secret in the middle of the night stuff since those are small fries. But fractional vote tallies (indicative of "weighting" that was applied to manipulate vote counts), testimony from witnesses who created the vote counting software, statistical proofs of the improbability of what occurred from 3-6am election night among other things will be the meat of the argument for whatever lawsuits are filed this week. And the legal path is simple: show that the entire thing is rigged because the software is rigged, de-legitimize the entire election (instead of winning the individual lawsuits in all the 5-6 states) and take it to the House who will likely vote 28-22 in favor of Trump. Biden's campaign doesn't even pass the smell test, he can't draw crowds of more than 14 people, calls a lid on his campaign for more than half his campaign and doesn't do press conferences for more than 10 minutes (nor answers any real questions besides "what flavor of ice cream did you get?") and you're saying that he got 10m more votes than peak Obama? Obama should be hella pissed off right now. But why was this their strategy? Because they knew they were going to rig it big on election day.

This scenario is actually plan C for the democrats. Plan A was for Biden to win in a landslide legitimately (so there's no need to cheat). Plan B was for Biden to win a close race (so you can fudge some numbers and get away with it). But since Trump was leading by huge margins, they had to make up hundreds of thousands of votes on the spot, which resulted in sloppy play (such as stopping certain states from counting votes on election day for no legitimate reason -- it's called election DAY not election WEEK or election MONTH) that will be exposed soon. Why aren't all republicans backing Trump? Because they're corrupt too, and will likely be exposed as a result of this investigation. The governor of GA Brian Kemp, for example, has backdoor deals with the company that makes the voting software so he's probably raking in millions off of that. So in uncovering the presidential election fraud, they will likely uncover the deep state too, which is why Trump has very few allies among the elites right now.

• Haha
Far from it. Trump's legal team is going to "release the kraken" soon since they apparently have overwhelming evidence that there is a coordinated effort to rig the election - never mind the ballot harvesting, blocking poll watchers, counting votes in secret in the middle of the night stuff since those are small fries. But fractional vote tallies (indicative of "weighting" that was applied to manipulate vote counts), testimony from witnesses who created the vote counting software, statistical proofs of the improbability of what occurred from 3-6am election night among other things will be the meat of the argument for whatever lawsuits are filed this week. And the legal path is simple: show that the entire thing is rigged because the software is rigged, de-legitimize the entire election (instead of winning the individual lawsuits in all the 5-6 states) and take it to the House who will likely vote 28-22 in favor of Trump. Biden's campaign doesn't even pass the smell test, he can't draw crowds of more than 14 people, calls a lid on his campaign for more than half his campaign and doesn't do press conferences for more than 10 minutes (nor answers any real questions besides "what flavor of ice cream did you get?") and you're saying that he got 10m more votes than peak Obama? Obama should be hella pissed off right now. But why was this their strategy? Because they knew they were going to rig it big on election day.

This scenario is actually plan C for the democrats. Plan A was for Biden to win in a landslide legitimately (so there's no need to cheat). Plan B was for Biden to win a close race (so you can fudge some numbers and get away with it). But since Trump was leading by huge margins, they had to make up hundreds of thousands of votes on the spot, which resulted in sloppy play (such as stopping certain states from counting votes on election day for no legitimate reason -- it's called election DAY not election WEEK or election MONTH) that will be exposed soon. Why aren't all republicans backing Trump? Because they're corrupt too, and will likely be exposed as a result of this investigation. The governor of GA Brian Kemp, for example, has backdoor deals with the company that makes the voting software so he's probably raking in millions off of that. So in uncovering the presidential election fraud, they will likely uncover the deep state too, which is why Trump has very few allies among the elites right now.

Poll watching is a form of voter intimidation.

The only coordinated effort there was to influence the outcome of the election was for Biden volunteers to hit the Atlanta and Philadelphia low income neighborhoods hard and sign up those people to vote and convince them to vote Democrat. Not illegal.

Early voting and mail-in voting made it easier for people to vote. Not hard to figure out. People who work 16 hour days aren't gonna wake up early or go to sleep later just to vote, the process this year to vote was easier (as it always should be). From now on, the in-person voting period should be expanded to 2 weeks before election day and you should be able to request a mail-in ballot for any reason.

Biden's campaign can't draw crowds? What kind of ***** goes to a political rally in the middle of a pandemic?

Counting votes in the middle of the night? So what? If we can fill prescriptions and see patients in the middle of the night, they can count votes in the middle of the night. Would you rather wait until December for the results if counting votes was a 9-5 gig?

Reactions: 3 users

Donald Jr and Eric are *****s.

Jared is probably the only one with brains in that family.

Just announced in his press conference that he's signing an executive order forgiving $10k in loans. No further info about caveats.

Can we get a refund? Already paid off my loans.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

A lot of liberals want AOC to run.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)

Chances of changing the outcome of this election is zero.. Zilch.. Nada..

Poll watching is a form of voter intimidation.

The only coordinated effort there was to influence the outcome of the election was for Biden volunteers to hit the Atlanta and Philadelphia low income neighborhoods hard and sign up those people to vote and convince them to vote Democrat. Not illegal.

Early voting and mail-in voting made it easier for people to vote. Not hard to figure out. People who work 16 hour days aren't gonna wake up early or go to sleep later just to vote, the process this year to vote was easier (as it always should be). From now on, the in-person voting period should be expanded to 2 weeks before election day and you should be able to request a mail-in ballot for any reason.

Biden's campaign can't draw crowds? What kind of ***** goes to a political rally in the middle of a pandemic?

Counting votes in the middle of the night? So what? If we can fill prescriptions and see patients in the middle of the night, they can count votes in the middle of the night. Would you rather wait until December for the results if counting votes was a 9-5 gig?
How is poll watching an intimidation tactic when it's in the state legislation? It's not some loosely defined gray area but each state sets their rules beforehand which is supposed to be followed.

Poll workers are not allowed to wear political clothing yet you've got people who are counting the votes (in Detroit I believe) wearing Biden-Harris hats who were also coaching people at the polls to vote Biden. No bias to see here...

Yeah, the whole "grandpa joe is responsible unlike Trump therefore our events are going to have 10 people all sitting in socially distanced circles" is just cover and a narrative to distract from the fact that Biden can't drum up enthusiasm, had zero ground game and is literally the worst candidate ever to run in the history of presidential politics, has obvious dementia and should be in a nursing home. Have you watched any of his rallies? He can't even read his teleprompter right and comes off as an angry old man yelling at kids to get off his front lawn. If the republicans were running Biden and Trump was a democrat I bet y'all would take Trump over Biden in a heartbeat and crucify Biden to death. This election was never about Biden vs. Trump, it was about whether you were voting for Trump or against Trump.

There's nothing inherently wrong with counting votes in the middle of the night, but when you tell republican poll watchers to go home because "we're done counting votes for the night" and close down the ballot counting center, only to reappear at 3 am with 100 people wheelbarrowing in ballots through the back door to have a secret counting operation and it just so happens that when you "resume counting" the next morning you somehow tabulated another 130k votes for Biden and 0 for Trump even though you "shut down for the night", then yes that's a problem and you only need to have common sense to figure out what's going on. Of course, the main issue is that the MSM and social media outlets and fact-checking sites are all working in cahoots with the democrats to suppress information and control the thinking of the average U.S. citizen (gee, there are plenty of tech executives on Biden's transition team, I wonder why...) so all the important details about what's actually going on are scrubbed, censored or left out. Whatever happened to Hunter Biden's laptop? I never followed or cared for politics until covid started so I'm not some longtime partisan hack but I will tell you this, it is a completely different experience to stay up and watch the entire election night (as I did till 4am) versus going to sleep early and "checking the results" in the morning. The election was clearly stolen and the facts are coming out.

Chances of changing the outcome of this election is zero.. Zilch.. Nada..
So will you accept the ruling of the supreme court if they rule favorably for Trump and he ends up being re-elected for a second term? I'm happy to revisit my posts in this thread in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I would love to see the argument that a President can sign an executive order forgiving student loans.
Only the Congress, with a duly passed *law* can forgive the student loan balances.

Because if it can be done with an executive order, it also follows that the President can sign an executive order forgiving taxes owed.

I was going to say that. This is how the average American thinks, unfortunately. They won't vote for him cause they can't imagine having a "Chinese" president.
I don't know about that. A black man with a middle name of Hussein and a last name that rhymes with Obama was elected....twice. If people think you can get something done then all the racial crap is the media distraction

If people don't like the poors voting they should also be anti 19th amendment

Imagine someone who supports Trump claiming that Biden isn’t an eloquent enough speaker or appears to have dementia.
I don't get your point. Biden is incoherent and has dementia. He is on Namenda and wears an adult diaper. The reason why he doesn't take questions after giving speeches is because his staffers are literally scared that he will pee his pants due to side effects of the Namenda. And the reason why he put a lid on half his campaign is because someone who has dementia will have on and off-days. On the on-days, he's able to take pictures, give a 10 minute speech and go outdoors. On the off-days, they need to keep him in the basement so people don't see how decrepit he is. All of the imagery and public appearances from Biden are heavily calculated by his staff to hide his health from the public's eye.

The democrat strategy for this entire campaign has been simple: pick candidates with the "biggest" base, then campaign on the basis of "orange man bad," not "here's what our communist candidates will do." Biden was picked because he was the most "moderate" candidate from the primaries. Kamala was picked because they wanted to virtue signal to blacks. In no world does this pairing make sense but again, if you keep the focus on "orange man bad" then you will eventually convince people to vote for your candidate not on any real or rational basis, but on the basis of hate for the other candidate (i.e. vote based on emotions).

• Haha
I would love to see the argument that a President can sign an executive order forgiving student loans.
Only the Congress, with a duly passed *law* can forgive the student loan balances.

Because if it can be done with an executive order, it also follows that the President can sign an executive order forgiving taxes owed.

For the record, I don’t buy this argument, but here’s a letter from the Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School to Sen. Elizabeth Warren detailing the relevant legal statutes that allegedly empower the DOE to forgive up to $50,000 of student loans:

ETA: I breezed through it and it seems like the limit is $1M before requesting a review by the AG.

They also did that with Reagan (managing public image to hide Reagan's mental health decline) so what's the problem exactly

This I can get behind because I owe 20k left lol. Would be nice to actually get some govt help after they tax the living **** out of me. 10k also shouldn't get all the people who paid off their loans already pissed off. It's such a small amount that isn't promoting irresponsibility as much as full loan forgiveness.

What they should really try to do is at least bring down the interest rate on these loans so they can stay on an IBR plan as a safety net while making an effort to try to pay off their loans. These 6-8% interest rates (especially on 6-figure loans) makes it discouraging to pay off while the interests keep accruing .

This I can get behind because I owe 20k left lol. Would be nice to actually get some govt help after they tax the living **** out of me. 10k also shouldn't get all the people who paid off their loans already pissed off. It's such a small amount that isn't promoting irresponsibility as much as full loan forgiveness.

I think there might be an income limit. Which there should be, TBH.

How is poll watching an intimidation tactic when it's in the state legislation? It's not some loosely defined gray area but each state sets their rules beforehand which is supposed to be followed.

Poll workers are not allowed to wear political clothing yet you've got people who are counting the votes (in Detroit I believe) wearing Biden-Harris hats who were also coaching people at the polls to vote Biden. No bias to see here...

Yeah, the whole "grandpa joe is responsible unlike Trump therefore our events are going to have 10 people all sitting in socially distanced circles" is just cover and a narrative to distract from the fact that Biden can't drum up enthusiasm, had zero ground game and is literally the worst candidate ever to run in the history of presidential politics, has obvious dementia and should be in a nursing home. Have you watched any of his rallies? He can't even read his teleprompter right and comes off as an angry old man yelling at kids to get off his front lawn. If the republicans were running Biden and Trump was a democrat I bet y'all would take Trump over Biden in a heartbeat and crucify Biden to death. This election was never about Biden vs. Trump, it was about whether you were voting for Trump or against Trump.

There's nothing inherently wrong with counting votes in the middle of the night, but when you tell republican poll watchers to go home because "we're done counting votes for the night" and close down the ballot counting center, only to reappear at 3 am with 100 people wheelbarrowing in ballots through the back door to have a secret counting operation and it just so happens that when you "resume counting" the next morning you somehow tabulated another 130k votes for Biden and 0 for Trump even though you "shut down for the night", then yes that's a problem and you only need to have common sense to figure out what's going on. Of course, the main issue is that the MSM and social media outlets and fact-checking sites are all working in cahoots with the democrats to suppress information and control the thinking of the average U.S. citizen (gee, there are plenty of tech executives on Biden's transition team, I wonder why...) so all the important details about what's actually going on are scrubbed, censored or left out. Whatever happened to Hunter Biden's laptop? I never followed or cared for politics until covid started so I'm not some longtime partisan hack but I will tell you this, it is a completely different experience to stay up and watch the entire election night (as I did till 4am) versus going to sleep early and "checking the results" in the morning. The election was clearly stolen and the facts are coming out.

So will you accept the ruling of the supreme court if they rule favorably for Trump and he ends up being re-elected for a second term? I'm happy to revisit my posts in this thread in 3 weeks.

Biden incoherent and has dementia? Agree. Trump is also. I wanted Bernie Sanders or Andrew Yang but settled for Biden because he is more to the left on the political scale than Trump. Ultimately, Biden is still right wing.

The strategy the Biden team used was correct. They absolutely needed to keep him away from the media because he is a gaffe machine. I agree, this election was simply about putting up someone who wasn't Trump to get rid of Trump. That was necessary. They also wanted someone who was palatable to the moderate Republicans and the Independents.

I don't care about party, I care about policy, and simply put, Biden has better policies than Trump (however, not as far-left to my liking). Biden does not support Medicare4All, Biden does not support building high density low-income housing in the suburbs, Biden does not support defunding the police, Biden does not support the Green New Deal. His rhetoric is a lot better than Trump's though, and that is exactly the problem with Trump, his rhetoric, it is ****ing dangerous. It has emboldened the nativists and white supremacists in the country.

The main things that Biden will do that I will like, restoring the Iran deal (Trump was a disaster on this) and respecting Iran, being more fair when it comes to Israel-Palestine, bringing back environmental protection regulations, adding a public option to opt-in to Medicare, increasing the limit on incoming refugees to 125k a year (not far enough, in my opinion, we should be the country that takes in all the world's refugees, considering our foreign interventions cause the conflicts that result in refugees).

Hunter Biden's laptop? That whole thing was a hoax. If there was some secret data, why the fk would he take it to some random computer repair technician, you don't think criminal mastermind Hunter Biden would have it sent off to some connection in the NSA to be destroyed?

This election went exactly like I thought it would, with Trump in the lead, and the lead evaporating throughout the week as the votes came in.

Also, if it was truly fraudulent, why did the Republicans gain House seats or beat Democrats down ballot? Why are Trump's allies abandoning him? Even Fox News seems to have abandoned him.

My only fear with Biden winning will be the Republicans sending out a more effective politician in 2024 who is far-right and Harris losing the election to that person.

I don't get your point. Biden is incoherent and has dementia. He is on Namenda and wears an adult diaper. The reason why he doesn't take questions after giving speeches is because his staffers are literally scared that he will pee his pants due to side effects of the Namenda. And the reason why he put a lid on half his campaign is because someone who has dementia will have on and off-days. On the on-days, he's able to take pictures, give a 10 minute speech and go outdoors. On the off-days, they need to keep him in the basement so people don't see how decrepit he is. All of the imagery and public appearances from Biden are heavily calculated by his staff to hide his health from the public's eye.

The democrat strategy for this entire campaign has been simple: pick candidates with the "biggest" base, then campaign on the basis of "orange man bad," not "here's what our communist candidates will do." Biden was picked because he was the most "moderate" candidate from the primaries. Kamala was picked because they wanted to virtue signal to blacks. In no world does this pairing make sense but again, if you keep the focus on "orange man bad" then you will eventually convince people to vote for your candidate not on any real or rational basis, but on the basis of hate for the other candidate (i.e. vote based on emotions).

Biden is only gonna be the president in name. They wanted someone like Kamala as VP who can effectively run the government and who could take over soon if Biden retires. Obama is gonna be the POTUS in the shadows.

Both Biden and Trump have dementia. The one old man who should have won this election was Bernie Sanders.

I agree with this. People are easily influenced. The Kamala pick reminded me of the Palin pick back in 2008. Palin was dumb as bricks and had no business being there, but the average American thought she was hot and she helped get votes for McCain. Not saying Kamala is not qualified but it was obvious she would be picked to help this popularity contest.

I agree with this. People are easily influenced. The Kamala pick reminded me of the Palin pick back in 2008. Palin was dumb as bricks and had no business being there, but the average American thought she was hot and she helped get votes for McCain. Not saying Kamala is not qualified but it was obvious she would be picked to help this popularity contest.

I thought Tulsi would have gotten even more votes than Kamala.

My problem with Kamala is her hypocrisy. She admitted to smoking marijuana when young but then had thousands locked up for marijuana related offenses as well as trying to get parents of truant students locked up while she was California Attorney General. She also had a hand in shutting down Backpage.com and sex workers hate her for it.

Also, my problem with Biden is he wrote the damn crime bill in 1994 or 1992 that created the three strikes law.

Also, because of these facts, the Republican arguments that Biden-Harris are not "law and order" candidates is completely false.

Biden incoherent and has dementia? Agree. Trump is also. I wanted Bernie Sanders or Andrew Yang but settled for Biden because he is more to the left on the political scale than Trump. Ultimately, Biden is still right wing.

The strategy the Biden team used was correct. They absolutely needed to keep him away from the media because he is a gaffe machine. I agree, this election was simply about putting up someone who wasn't Trump to get rid of Trump. That was necessary. They also wanted someone who was palatable to the moderate Republicans and the Independents.

I don't care about party, I care about policy, and simply put, Biden has better policies than Trump (however, not as far-left to my liking). Biden does not support Medicare4All, Biden does not support building high density low-income housing in the suburbs, Biden does not support defunding the police, Biden does not support the Green New Deal. His rhetoric is a lot better than Trump's though, and that is exactly the problem with Trump, his rhetoric, it is ****ing dangerous. It has emboldened the nativists and white supremacists in the country.

The main things that Biden will do that I will like, restoring the Iran deal (Trump was a disaster on this) and respecting Iran, being more fair when it comes to Israel-Palestine, bringing back environmental protection regulations, adding a public option to opt-in to Medicare, increasing the limit on incoming refugees to 125k a year (not far enough, in my opinion, we should be the country that takes in all the world's refugees, considering our foreign interventions cause the conflicts that result in refugees).

Hunter Biden's laptop? That whole thing was a hoax. If there was some secret data, why the fk would he take it to some random computer repair technician, you don't think criminal mastermind Hunter Biden would have it sent off to some connection in the NSA to be destroyed?

This election went exactly like I thought it would, with Trump in the lead, and the lead evaporating throughout the week as the votes came in.

Also, if it was truly fraudulent, why did the Republicans gain House seats or beat Democrats down ballot? Why are Trump's allies abandoning him? Even Fox News seems to have abandoned him.

My only fear with Biden winning will be the Republicans sending out a more effective politician in 2024 who is far-right and Harris losing the election to that person.
You're insane if you think Trump is incoherent and/or has dementia. He's extremely sharp and is night and day in cognitive ability compared to Biden. Don't mistake someone who is loose-lipped, acts like a baby etc as someone who has dementia/is incoherent.

As far as policies go, I also care about policy (and not the individual so I don't have Trump Derangement Syndrome). Trump has much better policies than Biden. The Iran deal is a disaster so I'm not sure why you want to get back into that? Trump literally made peace in the middle east, moved and recognized the Jerusalem as the rightful capital of Israel and was nominated on 3 occasions for the nobel peace prize and Biden's going to "be more fair when it comes to Israel-Palestine?" You mean start wars again and destabilize the mdidle east? Trump is literally the only president who hasn't started a war during his presidency - whatever happened to starting a war with North Korea? As far as his other policies go, do you realize that Biden has no policy positions and is just an empty vessel who his party will get rid of immediately with the 25th amendment and install Kamala, who is even more far left than Sanders right?

So as far as:
Medicare4all - Sanders is jockeying for a cabinet position and a Harris-Sanders combo will most definitely push for it

Not building high density low-income housing in suburbs - this is literally what Trump campaigned on if you watched any of his rallies so it's nothing "different" than what Trump would do - except welfare projects are typically more left-leaning so I'm skeptical that Harris will do anything about it. Look at how Harris is managing California - LA skid row is a jungle and the city/state is literally doing nothing about it besides putting put porta-potties for the homeless to use.

Defunding the police - far left ideology that Harris will allow. Not to mention AOC will be more empowered to push her agendas with a democrat administration vs. a second Trump administration.

Green new deal - Biden supports this except he calls it "the Biden deal." Did you not see all his comments during his "campaigns" and his explicit statement during the debates (which even had the moderator, who was rooting for him, confused) that he will end our reliance on fossil fuels and do away with the oil industry? That he was going to end fracking?

And speaking of rhetoric empowering crime - Trump has not emboldened white supremicists. He is the least racist person and this is one of the biggest lies of the media over the last 4 years. He's denounced white supremacy some 20+ times over the last 4 years and there are plenty of instances where "emboldening white supremacy" was falsely attributed to Trump. For example, a militia group tried to stage a coup to kidnap the governor of Michigan and were caught. The media then spins a story of "Trump's tweets emboldens right-wing militas groups to violence." Well turns out this group is an anarchist group who is anti-government in general, so their agenda has nothing to do with politics or being 'emboldened' by Trump. On the flip side, Biden and all the democrats refuse to condemn Antifa (Biden himself said Antifa is only an idea, not a group -- give me a break) BLM and left-wing groups which are the REAL contributor to all the riots and burning cities across the nation - Chicago, Portland, LA, Louisville, NYC, Seattle to name a few (although the media conveniently always covers any reports of militia group activity while calling Antifa/BLM riots "peaceful protests". Yeah, doesn't skew the narrative at all...). There's another point to be made about BLM in that this is just another tactic the liberal media, in cahoots with the democrats, use to incite violence under Trump's administration to further discredit him. Notice how every black death is somehow portrayed as a racial issue and the black is characterized as a martyr - George Floyd, Breonna Taylor etc.- when in fact that is not the case because all these people have criminial histories and are not "innocent" people. Breonna Taylor, for example, was portrayed as a "sweet young lady who worked as an EMT and was an innocent bystander who was murdered in the middle of the night while sleeping in her bed because police brutality/racism yadda yadda." In reality, Breonna Taylor had been fired from being an EMT in 2017 for doing drugs, had been known to be associated with drug dealers, HER NAME was on the no-knock warrant and she was nowhere near her bed when her body was found (indicating she was not sleeping when she was shot). All these facts are conveniently left out but this is purposely done because the goal is to incite the low-information citizen, particularly blacks, to outrage and protests.

As far as the refugee situation, Trump isn't anti-refugee, he's anti-illegal immigration. In other words, refugees can seek asylum but they have to go through a process to get in the U.S., otherwise they are no different from a random dude who hops the U.S. border. Why are these immigration policies a big deal? Because I don't want my tax dollars to be paying for the healthcare of someone who's an illegal alien.

Hunter's laptop isn't a hoax, it's the biggest coverup deal (probably second to this voter fraud thing actually) in the history of presidential politics. Why would he take it to some random computer store? Because Hunter is a dumb}^]+ and not the brightest lightbulb in the world (after all, like father like son) , that's why. Why would Hunter's lawyer be so adamant about getting the laptop back from the computer store if there was no "secret information" on his laptop? (Just like why would the vote counters at the polls in democrat cities not let republican poll watchers in to observe the counting process and instead board up windows and count ballots in the middle of the night when you have officially "closed" for the night if you have nothing to hide and there is no voter fraud going on? Your behavior tells it all) Kicked out of the military for doing cocaine, never held a real job, then he suddenly becomes a business man with Ukraine and China and rakes in millions of dollars a year? He even admits that his situation would be much different if he didn't have the Biden name. Obviously just peddling his influence and access to his dad, the VP, dubbed the "big guy." His business partner, a democrat, even came out on record to give testimony on his crooked dealings and all of this is supposed to be a hoax? There is plenty of leaked stuff about Hunter Biden that Facebook/Google/Twitter is trying really hard to scrub off the internet, but the evidence that corroborates the claims against him is all there if you look for it. I can't provide direct because they're NSFW, but he has a pornhub account among other things which confirms that he lives a wayward lifestyle of doing drugs and sex.

And as far as election fraud is concerned, you just proved my point. Republicans held the senate and gained 10-12 House seats which is contrary to what EVERYONE (including republicans) predicted, so there was a huge red wave and NOT a huge blue wave or a "red mirage." In what world does a presidential candidate LOSE an election when most people vote down-ballot and republicans blew out the democrats otherwise? Simple. They rigged the election. Lots of ballots filled out with Biden only with no down-ballot votes because [my theory is that] the dems realized they were getting blown out on election day and had to fake ballots (hence the big dumps in the middle of the night), but filling out the entire ballot would take 2-3x longer than filling out Biden-only ballots so you got with what's more efficient - sloppy play that will be exposed if you're trying to cheat and get away with it. Plenty of other irregularities if you evaluate the election based purely on numbers otherwise. Check out these videos:

Anyhow, long post but I'll finish with this. I'm not so much concerned about Trump losing so much as I'm concerned about how the democratic party (and the propaganda arm of the DNC, the MSM) has drifted in the last few years. The democratic agenda is already that of socialism, and a complete democrat majority in government with no checks or balances would mean permanent damage to our country and our constitution (court packing, etc.). What's even scarier is that tech has gotten in on the action with moderating the flow of information (censorship) so all the pieces are now in play for a communist takeover of the country and if these things are unchecked we'll soon become North Korea. Where exactly is one's freedom of speech when your tweets/Facebook posts are blocked, censored or slapped with a fact-checker when the Chinese CCP twitter account can post freely about how great China is with no censorship? At the heart of communism is ideological subversion and the brainwashing of its constituents, which has 4 phases:
1. Demoralization
2. Destabilization
3. Crisis
4. Normalization

In American terms,
1. Demoralization - 24/7 media coverage of Trump being a racist, Russia collusion hoax, Covid (notice they used to track on covid hospitalizations/deaths and now they track on cases...)
2. Destabilization - voting systems are rigged and evidence will come out soon, fake impeachment, etc
3. Crisis - 24/7 media coverage of covid (again), BLM, riots, "orange man bad" rhetoric
4. Normalization - Biden is portrayed as the candidate who will come in and "heal the country," "eradicate covid" etc. When in fact this is all gibberish. He's not going to do anything that Trump hasn't already done except issue a mask mandate when most states already have a mask mandate, especially the problem states like NY and CA. But just watch the media paint Biden as a savior when the vaccines (deceloped under Trump's watch) come out and we start seeing a decline in cases/deaths - they will attribute the decline to his mask mandate policy. If Biden wants to heal the country then why doesn't he want a full audit and recount of ballots to ensure election integrity? After all, there are 73million legitimate votes cast for Trump so you'd be disenfranchizing half the country if you don't start doing things to bring them on your side. Why are democrats now creating "lists" of those on the right? Whether it be congressmen who haven't conceded the election, lawyers who are supporting Trump, or anyone who's donated to the Trump campaign (seriously, the Trump Accountability Project???)? Because they want to shame, slander and dox those who disagree with them. But that is the democrat way of doing things - attack and instill fear in people to silence them and get them to "agree" with you. Not divisive at all... not communist at all...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
You're insane if you think Trump is incoherent and/or has dementia. He's extremely sharp and is night and day in cognitive ability compared to Biden. Don't mistake someone who is loose-lipped, acts like a baby etc as someone who has dementia/is incoherent.

As far as policies go, I also care about policy (and not the individual so I don't have Trump Derangement Syndrome). Trump has much better policies than Biden. The Iran deal is a disaster so I'm not sure why you want to get back into that? Trump literally made peace in the middle east, moved and recognized the Jerusalem as the rightful capital of Israel and was nominated on 3 occasions for the nobel peace prize and Biden's going to "be more fair when it comes to Israel-Palestine?" You mean start wars again and destabilize the mdidle east? Trump is literally the only president who hasn't started a war during his presidency - whatever happened to starting a war with North Korea? As far as his other policies go, do you realize that Biden has no policy positions and is just an empty vessel who his party will get rid of immediately with the 25th amendment and install Kamala, who is even more far left than Sanders right?

So as far as:
Medicare4all - Sanders is jockeying for a cabinet position and a Harris-Sanders combo will most definitely push for it

Not building high density low-income housing in suburbs - this is literally what Trump campaigned on if you watched any of his rallies so it's nothing "different" than what Trump would do - except welfare projects are typically more left-leaning so I'm skeptical that Harris will do anything about it. Look at how Harris is managing California - LA skid row is a jungle and the city/state is literally doing nothing about it besides putting put porta-potties for the homeless to use.

Defunding the police - far left ideology that Harris will allow. Not to mention AOC will be more empowered to push her agendas with a democrat administration vs. a second Trump administration.

Green new deal - Biden supports this except he calls it "the Biden deal." Did you not see all his comments during his "campaigns" and his explicit statement during the debates (which even had the moderator, who was rooting for him, confused) that he will end our reliance on fossil fuels and do away with the oil industry? That he was going to end fracking?

And speaking of rhetoric empowering crime - Trump has not emboldened white supremicists. He is the least racist person and this is one of the biggest lies of the media over the last 4 years. He's denounced white supremacy some 20+ times over the last 4 years and there are plenty of instances where "emboldening white supremacy" was falsely attributed to Trump. For example, a militia group tried to stage a coup to kidnap the governor of Michigan and were caught. The media then spins a story of "Trump's tweets emboldens right-wing militas groups to violence." Well turns out this group is an anarchist group who is anti-government in general, so their agenda has nothing to do with politics or being 'emboldened' by Trump. On the flip side, Biden and all the democrats refuse to condemn Antifa (Biden himself said Antifa is only an idea, not a group -- give me a break) BLM and left-wing groups which are the REAL contributor to all the riots and burning cities across the nation - Chicago, Portland, LA, Louisville, NYC, Seattle to name a few (although the media conveniently always covers any reports of militia group activity while calling Antifa/BLM riots "peaceful protests". Yeah, doesn't skew the narrative at all...). There's another point to be made about BLM in that this is just another tactic the liberal media, in cahoots with the democrats, use to incite violence under Trump's administration to further discredit him. Notice how every black death is somehow portrayed as a racial issue and the black is characterized as a martyr - George Floyd, Breonna Taylor etc.- when in fact that is not the case because all these people have criminial histories and are not "innocent" people. Breonna Taylor, for example, was portrayed as a "sweet young lady who worked as an EMT and was an innocent bystander who was murdered in the middle of the night while sleeping in her bed because police brutality/racism yadda yadda." In reality, Breonna Taylor had been fired from being an EMT in 2017 for doing drugs, had been known to be associated with drug dealers, HER NAME was on the no-knock warrant and she was nowhere near her bed when her body was found (indicating she was not sleeping when she was shot). All these facts are conveniently left out but this is purposely done because the goal is to incite the low-information citizen, particularly blacks, to outrage and protests.

As far as the refugee situation, Trump isn't anti-refugee, he's anti-illegal immigration. In other words, refugees can seek asylum but they have to go through a process to get in the U.S., otherwise they are no different from a random dude who hops the U.S. border. Why are these immigration policies a big deal? Because I don't want my tax dollars to be paying for the healthcare of someone who's an illegal alien.

Hunter's laptop isn't a hoax, it's the biggest coverup deal (probably second to this voter fraud thing actually) in the history of presidential politics. Why would he take it to some random computer store? Because Hunter is a dumb}^]+ and not the brightest lightbulb in the world (after all, like father like son) , that's why. Why would Hunter's lawyer be so adamant about getting the laptop back from the computer store if there was no "secret information" on his laptop? (Just like why would the vote counters at the polls in democrat cities not let republican poll watchers in to observe the counting process and instead board up windows and count ballots in the middle of the night when you have officially "closed" for the night if you have nothing to hide and there is no voter fraud going on? Your behavior tells it all) Kicked out of the military for doing cocaine, never held a real job, then he suddenly becomes a business man with Ukraine and China and rakes in millions of dollars a year? He even admits that his situation would be much different if he didn't have the Biden name. Obviously just peddling his influence and access to his dad, the VP, dubbed the "big guy." His business partner, a democrat, even came out on record to give testimony on his crooked dealings and all of this is supposed to be a hoax? There is plenty of leaked stuff about Hunter Biden that Facebook/Google/Twitter is trying really hard to scrub off the internet, but the evidence that corroborates the claims against him is all there if you look for it. I can't provide direct because they're NSFW, but he has a pornhub account among other things which confirms that he lives a wayward lifestyle of doing drugs and sex.

And as far as election fraud is concerned, you just proved my point. Republicans held the senate and gained 10-12 House seats which is contrary to what EVERYONE (including republicans) predicted, so there was a huge red wave and NOT a huge blue wave or a "red mirage." In what world does a presidential candidate LOSE an election when most people vote down-ballot and republicans blew out the democrats otherwise? Simple. They rigged the election. Lots of ballots filled out with Biden only with no down-ballot votes because [my theory is that] the dems realized they were getting blown out on election day and had to fake ballots (hence the big dumps in the middle of the night), but filling out the entire ballot would take 2-3x longer than filling out Biden-only ballots so you got with what's more efficient - sloppy play that will be exposed if you're trying to cheat and get away with it. Plenty of other irregularities if you evaluate the election based purely on numbers otherwise. Check out these videos:

Anyhow, long post but I'll finish with this. I'm not so much concerned about Trump losing so much as I'm concerned about how the democratic party (and the propaganda arm of the DNC, the MSM) has drifted in the last few years. The democratic agenda is already that of socialism, and a complete democrat majority in government with no checks or balances would mean permanent damage to our country and our constitution (court packing, etc.). What's even scarier is that tech has gotten in on the action with moderating the flow of information (censorship) so all the pieces are now in play for a communist takeover of the country and if these things are unchecked we'll soon become North Korea. Where exactly is one's freedom of speech when your tweets/Facebook posts are blocked, censored or slapped with a fact-checker when the Chinese CCP twitter account can post freely about how great China is with no censorship? At the heart of communism is ideological subversion and the brainwashing of its constituents, which has 4 phases:
1. Demoralization
2. Destabilization
3. Crisis
4. Normalization

In American terms,
1. Demoralization - 24/7 media coverage of Trump being a racist, Russia collusion hoax, Covid (notice they used to track on covid hospitalizations/deaths and now they track on cases...)
2. Destabilization - voting systems are rigged and evidence will come out soon, fake impeachment, etc
3. Crisis - 24/7 media coverage of covid (again), BLM, riots, "orange man bad" rhetoric
4. Normalization - Biden is portrayed as the candidate who will come in and "heal the country," "eradicate covid" etc. When in fact this is all gibberish. He's not going to do anything that Trump hasn't already done except issue a mask mandate when most states already have a mask mandate, especially the problem states like NY and CA. But just watch the media paint Biden as a savior when the vaccines (deceloped under Trump's watch) come out and we start seeing a decline in cases/deaths - they will attribute the decline to his mask mandate policy. If Biden wants to heal the country then why doesn't he want a full audit and recount of ballots to ensure election integrity? After all, there are 73million legitimate votes cast for Trump so you'd be disenfranchizing half the country if you don't start doing things to bring them on your side. Why are democrats now creating "lists" of those on the right? Whether it be congressmen who haven't conceded the election, lawyers who are supporting Trump, or anyone who's donated to the Trump campaign (seriously, the Trump Accountability Project???)? Because they want to shame, slander and dox those who disagree with them. But that is the democrat way of doing things - attack and instill fear in people to silence them and get them to "agree" with you. Not divisive at all... not communist at all...

I support the far-left first of all. If it was up to me, AOC would be president in 2024. Fk the police too. I took part in a couple of those riots here in NYC, they were rightful riots because the police departments were not answering the publics call for reform. Then Trump comes in and sides with the police, that's stupid. No knock raids should never occur because of the risk they pose, it doesn't matter if some drugs get flushed down the toilet. Life is more important than potential evidence.

The Iran deal was not a disaster, it was bringing them closer to the negotiating table and was bringing back their economy, instead by cancelling the deal and putting more sanctions on them, they are now pushed more into the hands of the Russians. Getting the UAE to recognize Israel is not making peace in the Middle East. The Gulf Arabs only care about money and weapons, and they found out the only way they will be able to buy weapons from the US is to recognize Israel. Iran is the one country who actually cares about the plight of the Palestinians and supports them in their armed struggle.

Jersualem is absolutely not the capital of Israel. It belongs to the Palestinians. The Israelis can have Tel Aviv.

Kamala is also a corporatist neoliberal. This is the problem with you conservatives, you have no idea what the far-left actually is. You think AOC and Bernie are far-left when they are actually centrists. You have to take a look at the political compass. Europe has actual leftist parties. Here in America, we don't have one.

Kamala is also a corporatist neoliberal. This is the problem with you conservatives, you have no idea what the far-left actually is. You think AOC and Bernie are far-left when they are actually centrists. You have to take a look at the political compass. Europe has actual leftist parties. Here in America, we don't have one.
I wouldn't quite call her a neoliberal, but she is slightly left of center.

You do have a point though. I've always wondered what would happen if an actual far left candidate ran for office. Even the boogie-man AOC is definately for market economies, just with a large, sprawling safety net. I want to see a straight up 100% Marxist up there on the debate stage going over their plans for how the workers will seize the means of production and end all property rights. lmao.

1) Geez, was SDN down like the whole day yesterday? I had to put my reply in MS Word, hah.
2) Can y'all STFU about unrelated politics

Anyway, my reply all here:

I can't back a full forgiveness of loans without a corresponding plan to address borrowing, it's like daddy paying off your credit cards but not actually cancelling them.

To avoid the moral hazards, but addressing the crimp in the economy, I'm all for a blanket ~$20k forgiveness as this covers the most vulnerable of borrowers: those who earn < $65k/yr, who perhaps did not complete college, and are stuck with loans that seriously eat into their daily budget. It's effectively a progressive tax cut, whereas blanket forgiveness would be effectively regressive in nature.

I think private student loan holders should not get federal benefits, because they very clearly understood the risks and benefits of going down that route. Keeping a federal loan at 6% with an XX % chance for $YY forgiveness or beneficial modification of benefit quantity Z vs. 3% refinanced? Said borrower made a conscious decision to price the cost of XX x YY or Z uncertainty to be > the annualized 3% saved by going private. By their analysis, staying on the federal plan was not worth the paying the risk premium.

It's like buying a discounted 2020 car knowing that the next 2021 model was coming, not knowing the specs/price, then getting mad when you find out that the 2021 model comes with a bunch of extra features you wanted.

What I'm realistically looking forward to is another 4-6 months (8-12 if we're lucky?) of payment and interest rate suspension with payment credit toward PSLF.

If I were to read tea leaves, I think what eventually passes a divided congress will be 10% IDR with 15 year forgiveness for undergraduate, 20 year for graduate. Streamlining of data sharing between the Treasury (IRS) and DOE. I'm 50/50 on the bankruptcy rule on student loans being rescinded. This is somewhere in between the Biden plan of 5% IDR and the Trump proposal which was 12.5% IDR.

As long as (R) MOCs can go back to their constituents and say, “Those liberals will have to pay their loans,” and (D) MOCs can go back to their constituents and say, “We got student loan relief,” there is a deal to be made. The average person outside of SDN and WSJ readers will not nitpick at the details, with enough spin, even a generous 5% IDR plan can be spun as, “They’re paying their fair share of student loans while helping the middle class out.”

Reactions: 1 users
1) Geez, was SDN down like the whole day yesterday? I had to put my reply in MS Word, hah.
2) Can y'all STFU about unrelated politics

Anyway, my reply all here:

I can't back a full forgiveness of loans without a corresponding plan to address borrowing, it's like daddy paying off your credit cards but not actually cancelling them.

To avoid the moral hazards, but addressing the crimp in the economy, I'm all for a blanket ~$20k forgiveness as this covers the most vulnerable of borrowers: those who earn < $65k/yr, who perhaps did not complete college, and are stuck with loans that seriously eat into their daily budget. It's effectively a progressive tax cut, whereas blanket forgiveness would be effectively regressive in nature.

I think private student loan holders should not get federal benefits, because they very clearly understood the risks and benefits of going down that route. Keeping a federal loan at 6% with an XX % chance for $YY forgiveness or beneficial modification of benefit quantity Z vs. 3% refinanced? Said borrower made a conscious decision to price the cost of XX x YY or Z uncertainty to be > the annualized 3% saved by going private. By their analysis, staying on the federal plan was not worth the paying the risk premium.

It's like buying a discounted 2020 car knowing that the next 2021 model was coming, not knowing the specs/price, then getting mad when you find out that the 2021 model comes with a bunch of extra features you wanted.

What I'm realistically looking forward to is another 4-6 months (8-12 if we're lucky?) of payment and interest rate suspension with payment credit toward PSLF.

If I were to read tea leaves, I think what eventually passes a divided congress will be 10% IDR with 15 year forgiveness for undergraduate, 20 year for graduate. Streamlining of data sharing between the Treasury (IRS) and DOE. I'm 50/50 on the bankruptcy rule on student loans being rescinded. This is somewhere in between the Biden plan of 5% IDR and the Trump proposal which was 12.5% IDR.

As long as (R) MOCs can go back to their constituents and say, “Those liberals will have to pay their loans,” and (D) MOCs can go back to their constituents and say, “We got student loan relief,” there is a deal to be made. The average person outside of SDN and WSJ readers will not nitpick at the details, with enough spin, even a generous 5% IDR plan can be spun as, “They’re paying their fair share of student loans while helping the middle class out.”

Question about IBR/PAYE/IDR, etc. Is it based on gross income or net income? As in, can I maximize my contributions to my retirement plan, HSA, etc and get that payment as low as possible? Right now, my net is $3400 biweekly after accounting for retirement (I'm only contributing as much as they match, $250 a paycheck), health insurance, parking, child support. If it's straight up 10%, they are gonna want $340 a paycheck right?

I still would want a complete federal loan forgiveness. The benefits outweigh the risks. You get a whole generation out of the credit ****ter. They now have a lot more disposable income for economic activity (spending on goods, buying homes, cars, investing in stocks (I was kicking myself that I only invested $100 in NIO and Fisker, if not for my debt repayments, I would have invested $2-3k.)

The way I see it, the other issue that needs to be addressed is the cost of education. The way I would tackle that is, public colleges and universities are free of charge to all residents, and the states set a maximum tuition, and a maximum dorm cost (base it off of the military BAH for that zip code).

Then you tell private colleges and universities that they are prohibited from operating if they charge more than public option.

College presidents, CEOS, provosts, etc make too much money and they need to be targeted. Also, the college coaches need to be targeted because they aren't the ones generating the income, it's the student athletes who generate the income (the student athletes should be paid handsomely).

I wouldn't quite call her a neoliberal, but she is slightly left of center.

You do have a point though. I've always wondered what would happen if an actual far left candidate ran for office. Even the boogie-man AOC is definately for market economies, just with a large, sprawling safety net. I want to see a straight up 100% Marxist up there on the debate stage going over their plans for how the workers will seize the means of production and end all property rights. lmao.

Yup, no one here is actually calling for seizing the means of production, eliminating the free market, planned economies.

People should want the benefits of capitalism, with the benefits of Marxism while eliminating the negatives of both.

Example: workers at a company should also be handed out quarterly dividends, not just the shareholders and executives.

Without that, then wages are exploitation because the worker is not being paid the true value of their production.

Question about IBR/PAYE/IDR, etc. Is it based on gross income or net income? As in, can I maximize my contributions to my retirement plan, HSA, etc and get that payment as low as possible? Right now, my net is $3400 biweekly after accounting for retirement (I'm only contributing as much as they match, $250 a paycheck), health insurance, parking, child support. If it's straight up 10%, they are gonna want $340 a paycheck right?

I still would want a complete federal loan forgiveness. The benefits outweigh the risks. You get a whole generation out of the credit ****ter. They now have a lot more disposable income for economic activity (spending on goods, buying homes, cars, investing in stocks (I was kicking myself that I only invested $100 in NIO and Fisker, if not for my debt repayments, I would have invested $2-3k.)

The way I see it, the other issue that needs to be addressed is the cost of education. The way I would tackle that is, public colleges and universities are free of charge to all residents, and the states set a maximum tuition, and a maximum dorm cost (base it off of the military BAH for that zip code).

Then you tell private colleges and universities that they are prohibited from operating if they charge more than public option.

College presidents, CEOS, provosts, etc make too much money and they need to be targeted. Also, the college coaches need to be targeted because they aren't the ones generating the income, it's the student athletes who generate the income (the student athletes should be paid handsomely).

The IDR plans are based on your AGI, which is going to be net income after deductions -- so it would behoove you to maximize your retirement money/HSA to minimize payments. I don't know about child support.

Also, technically it's 10% of your income ABOVE the federal poverty level for your family size. So say your AGI is $115k, and the FPL is $15k, you are responsible for 10% x ($115k - $15k) / 12 months = $833/mo.

The best thing you can do to lower your AGI and payments is to start a bona fide money losing business. Go nuts. Go become a DJ and buy a ton of audio/video equipment, deduct from your taxes, and after a few years call it quits. Sell your equipment (cash) and call it a day.

Michael Jackson Reaction GIF

Confetti is always right. I don’t know why anyone ever argues with him.

“Forgiveness” is toxic to the electorate and therefore to many of the MOCs.

“Income based repayment” and playing in the margins is better. Plus it keeps are more supplicant population relying on the government. They don’t want you to be “free”.

“Income based repayment” and playing in the margins is better. Plus it keeps are more supplicant population relying on the government. They don’t want you to be “free”.

However, when it comes to big corporations, Wall Street, etc, nobody tries to stop government intervention to save it. This is the hypocrisy, government intervention and socialism to save big businesses and Wall Street, capitalism for the individual.

They try to use the lie that saving the big businesses is beneficial for the country and the individual. If all of the Fortune 500 companies were to go bankrupt, the government should let it happen.

We can't just "forgive" student loan debt without crushing the value of the US dollar...or what's left of it...

We can't just "forgive" student loan debt without crushing the value of the US dollar...or what's left of it...

You don't want a devalued dollar to boost exports? I think the boost to GDP from outright forgiveness that would foster more consumer spending would overwhelm the drop in the USDX.

But I'm no macroeconomic expert, either.

Thank you kindly. Though no one replies to me and people just post about conspiracy theories nowadays.

Just keeping this train on track, lol.

Apparently I'm a marriage counselor now in the job market subforum :D

I support the far-left first of all. If it was up to me, AOC would be president in 2024. Fk the police too. I took part in a couple of those riots here in NYC, they were rightful riots because the police departments were not answering the publics call for reform. Then Trump comes in and sides with the police, that's stupid. No knock raids should never occur because of the risk they pose, it doesn't matter if some drugs get flushed down the toilet. Life is more important than potential evidence.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said Sunday that the results of the presidential election showed that Americans apparently want a change in leadership, but not a “sharp left turn" in policy. The Utah senator told NBC News’s “Meet the Press” that voters communicated a “mixed message,” as the Republican Party picked up seats in the House and has a chance to hold onto Senate control, but lost the presidency. “I think people are saying that conservative principles still account for the majority of public opinion in our country,” he said. The 2012 Republican presidential nominee told NBC’s Chuck Todd that he doesn’t think Americans approve of progressive policies, such as the Green New Deal, Medicare for All, and getting rid of coal, oil or gas.

My interpretation: Slight majority of Americans were sick of Trump's massive BS but most in the country think far left's policy is ****oo. The fact that 73 million people voted for a narcissist a$$ like Trump speaks volume about how disconnected many are...

I really don't get defund the police, can you please explain the rationale? Why wasn't this an issue when Eric Gardner was killed in 2014 before Trump? You think JoeShmoe (white or other) cop in NYC has anything to do with policy? They're just trying to do their freakn job and hopefully get to go home to their families. Yet you want to Fk the police? Wait lemme guess, until u need them? What is a "rightful riot" ? (eg. lets destroy the infrastructure of our neighborhoods, destroy the livelihood or our neighbors, and potentially physically harm others bc we are incapable of leading true change in a coherent virtuous way ala MLK, Ghandi etc). Funny how no riots occurred since Trump lost. Gotta love the left/party of inclusion and tolerance...

However, when it comes to big corporations, Wall Street, etc, nobody tries to stop government intervention to save it. This is the hypocrisy, government intervention and socialism to save big businesses and Wall Street, capitalism for the individual.

They try to use the lie that saving the big businesses is beneficial for the country and the individual. If all of the Fortune 500 companies were to go bankrupt, the government should let it happen.
The stock market is too big to fail. Nothing more and nothing less.

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said Sunday that the results of the presidential election showed that Americans apparently want a change in leadership, but not a “sharp left turn" in policy. The Utah senator told NBC News’s “Meet the Press” that voters communicated a “mixed message,” as the Republican Party picked up seats in the House and has a chance to hold onto Senate control, but lost the presidency. “I think people are saying that conservative principles still account for the majority of public opinion in our country,” he said. The 2012 Republican presidential nominee told NBC’s Chuck Todd that he doesn’t think Americans approve of progressive policies, such as the Green New Deal, Medicare for All, and getting rid of coal, oil or gas.

My interpretation: Slight majority of Americans were sick of Trump's massive BS but most in the country think far left's policy is ****oo. The fact that 73 million people voted for a narcissist a$$ like Trump speaks volume about how disconnected many are...

I really don't get defund the police, can you please explain the rationale? Why wasn't this an issue when Eric Gardner was killed in 2014 before Trump? You think JoeShmoe (white or other) cop in NYC has anything to do with policy? They're just trying to do their freakn job and hopefully get to go home to their families. Yet you want to Fk the police? Wait lemme guess, until u need them? What is a "rightful riot" ? (eg. lets destroy the infrastructure of our neighborhoods, destroy the livelihood or our neighbors, and potentially physically harm others bc we are incapable of leading true change in a coherent virtuous way ala MLK, Ghandi etc). Funny how no riots occurred since Trump lost. Gotta love the left/party of inclusion and tolerance...

When they say Defund the Police, what they are talking about is:

#1 - Getting rid of police unions. The police unions are the #1 reason why police departments are unable to get rid of problematic officers, violent officers, etc. They just move them around to ****tier precincts or demote them when they do something bad. The unions also promote a culture of not ratting out your fellow officer.

The officers that do rat out the bad officers get blacklisted, no one wants to work with them, they are made out to be cowards who won't back you up, etc. The unions promote an attitude of Us Vs Them. The police don't see the public as citizens who they serve but as potential threats.

#2 - Getting rid of military surplus equipment. There is no need for the police to be rolling around in APCs, BDRMs, carrying fully automatic rifles. They give them all the cool "operator" equipment but without the training that the "operators" go through. (Operator meaning Navy Seals, Special Forces, etc).

#3 - Reallocating money from equipment to training.

#4 - Disarming the majority of officers.

It is already known that the police have no obligation to protect you. You have to protect yourself (I support the 2nd amendment FYI). The police are only there to gather the evidence and take notes afterwards.

Black Lives Matter started around the time of Eric Gardner. Defund the Police was a catchphrase that started now because these killings are still happening. Yeah, there are some pretty violent perps out there who the police sometimes have to use force to bring under control. However, this was not the case with Eric Gardner and George Floyd. Then the issue with the Breonna Taylor case was the decision to use bad tactics for some petty narcotics activity. And there comes the big thing that needs to be defunded, the DEA and the War on Drugs.

That leads to the issue of mass incarceration as a result of Broken Windows Policing, and enforcing drug laws. Oregon has taken the correct step by decriminalizing all drug possession and use. It's fine to continue go after high level dealers and cartels, but leave the addicts alone. The police don't want this because they want to be able to arrest users and then use jail time as leverage for them to rat out who they bought their drugs from. Addiction is a disease not a criminal offense.

Why is it that when it comes to the legalization of marijuana and psychadelic mushrooms, the #1 opposition are the police unions, the prison guard unions, the private prison corporations? Answer, there is money to be made in locking people up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.