Biden has won.....What do you think will happen to student loans debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PharmaSex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know he wants forgiveness of some portion of loans but do you think he would go full on Bernie Sanders forgiveness with the current state of the economy and no end in sight for the pandemic?

Members don't see this ad.

No.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Imagine if pharmacy loans were discharged like that. Then instead of needing $200k and a pulse, you'd literally only need a pulse to get into pharmacy school. The floodgates will open and the homeless people will start coming off the streets to become "doctors." Saturation will increase tenfold and salaries will drop to $10-15/hr. No thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
maybe forgive like 10k, which is barely a drop in the bucket for someone staring down upwards of 200k LOL

Reactions: 1 user
I think the idea of Biden being progressive on anything is laughable.
They're going to 25th amendment him out the wazoo. The question is what is the over/under on the number of days we have a Biden presidency until it turns into a Harris presidency?

Reactions: 2 users
maybe forgive like 10k, which is barely a drop in the bucket for someone staring down upwards of 200k LOL
No problem, pharmacy schools will conveniently increase their tuition by $10k by then.

Reactions: 5 users
This is unlikely to happen with the current senate. I also think this is a much lower priority right now than Covid, etc. Plan to pay your loans off.

Reactions: 4 users
Red Senate means nothing is gonna change drastically. Both parties are not gonna be able to do anything much. Stocks will continue to soar under the current tax rate.

Reactions: 10 users
OP is out of luck, he'll have to pay his loans like the rest of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, given that he is a politician, I am sure he will have some ill thought out crack pot scheme planned out, attempt to execute said plan (poorly), make revisions on poorly thought out crack pot scheme, pull a complete 180 on initial crack pot scheme, (scene missing), and finally end up with some half assed compromise as usual

Red Senate means nothing is gonna change drastically. Both parties are not gonna be able to do anything much. Stocks will continue to soar under the current tax rate.

Original public service student loan forgiveness passed 78-18 in the senate in 2007, so I wouldn’t rely on party affiliation to prognosticate student loan policy.

That said, Biden’s proposals are public, and they don’t constitute much change. The most drastic could be a 5% income driven plan, which would cut 50% off the qualifying payments of most borrowers.

IIRC, Obama (and Trump) expanded benefits under EO, and this has never been challenged, I’m like 60/40 that Biden would consider the same.

Depends on who wins the Georgia senate runoffs in January. If the Democrats win both seats...shew. Look out. PR and DC will be states. The House will be expanded. The Supreme Court will be expanded. Loan relief may very well be on the table.

They saw how close the authoritarian right came to seizing power and they will do everything in their power to prevent it from happening again. Next time, the fascists won't be as stupid and blatant as Trump.

Reps keeping the senate and Supreme Court will be the best outcome IMO. But I can’t stand either of GA Rep candidates: Loeffler or Purdue; both are complete crooks.

On the other hand, Dems will get out of hand if they win; it’s a moral dilemma..

I know he wants forgiveness of some portion of loans but do you think he would go full on Bernie Sanders forgiveness with the current state of the economy and no end in sight for the pandemic?
Nope. The Democrats were responsible for the student loan crisis. Who controls education in this country, Democrats. They are okay with perpetual debt slavery. the economy is also going to collapse under this president.

• Haha
Nope. The Democrats were responsible for the student loan crisis. Who controls education in this country, Democrats. They are okay with perpetual debt slavery. the economy is also going to collapse under this president.
Which president encouraged PSLF and signed off on it? That was who really took the booming student loan issues and made the it worse by encouraging more people to go back to school and telling them their student loans would easily disappear if they worked in public service. It turned out many people went back to school without understanding the program and couldn’t figure out how to get their loans forgiven.
Hint: middle initial was a W.

Which president encouraged PSLF and signed off on it? That was who really took the booming student loan issues and made the it worse by encouraging more people to go back to school and telling them their student loans would easily disappear if they worked in public service. It turned out many people went back to school without understanding the program and couldn’t figure out how to get their loans forgiven.

"Childrens do learn" lol

Good article:

wow basically all graduate school loans are ineligible for any forgiveness or income based repayment we all doomed

Most policies towards education reform are executed by Democrats rather than Republicans. And plus, who controlled Congress during Bush’s term, Democrats. Who creates the laws in this country- Congress.

Obama is probably mostly to blame than Bush for the student loan disaster. Obama allowed schools take out more loans to start a school. Tuition rates increased under Obama admin.

To be fair, Obama did allow community schools to give free tuition, but let’s be honest, many graduate programs like medicine reject grades from community, unless you are a minority, that is systemic racism in education. Also, who supported affirmative action in schools to water down the quality of education, Democrats in order to promote “diversity”- another form of systemic racism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Would have liked if Biden had picked up someone like Yang. Harris nomination is driven strictly by publicity IMO..

• Love
What makes you say that?
Have you listened to Joe Biden’s speeches. Half of the time he cannot remember what he is saying or he says some truth that he is not supposed to say. Why do you think the 25 th amendment was implemented? to make Harris president.

Millions of dollars will be poured in GA election because lot is at stake for both parties. And both current GA senators have been accused of insider trading recently. Metro Atlanta which accounts for almost 6 million has become democratic fort due to influx of transplants in recent years..

Will be interesting.

The Trumpism is strong with this one.

Most policies towards education reform are executed by Democrats rather than Republicans. And plus, who controlled Congress during Bush’s term, Democrats. Who creates the laws in this country- Congress.

Obama is probably mostly to blame than Bush for the student loan disaster. Obama allowed schools take out more loans to start a school. Tuition rates increased under Obama admin.

To be fair, Obama did allow community schools to give free tuition, but let’s be honest, many graduate programs like medicine reject grades from community, unless you are a minority, that is systemic racism in education. Also, who supported affirmative action in schools to water down the quality of education, Democrats in order to promote “diversity”- another form of systemic racism.
You need to source and cite these claims. I am not sure which Obama policy you are referencing. And your watering down claims are definitely suspect. I’m curious how you have decided diversity goals are systemic racism. The goals around diversity mostly are intended so poor neighborhood schools and communities get the same access to facilities and teachers as wealthier schools.

Bush championed PSLF and promoted it. You can’t claim this wasn’t a policy he strongly supported.

As for community colleges, I know plenty of non-minority PharmD grads from respectable (historically competitive and highly ranked) institutions who used the community colleges for most prerequisites. I don’t know about medicine, but it worked for them.

wow basically all graduate school loans are ineligible for any forgiveness or income based repayment we all doomed

Or you can just pay them like the rest of us.

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing is going to happen with student loans. Democrats are known to keep the status quo with empty promises unless you are homosexual or a pedophile. No defunding the police. No police reform for Black Americans because theses politicians support the prison system. Human trafficking will be rampant, which Trump tried to control.

What is going to happen is Biden and Harris will push America into another War, a WW3, nuclear arms race by alienating Russia and Iran. They are war monger politicians. After WW3, a broker from Europe, will broker with Iran, Russia, China, India, Israel, and Saudi Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Sudan to establish a 7 year peace treaty. This broker will issue the RFID chip and COVID vaccine and without it you cannot buy or sell. This broker is the Antichrist spoken in the Bible. The Bible is real and God is real. Jesus is real. And Lucifer who this government worships is real.

Trump already brokered peace with Saudi, Sudan and Israel known as Abraham accords.

Basically, America is done. Democracy is over. Trump was the last US president. Now it will be a NWO, a Globalist government. And the Democrats and career politician Republicans are Globalists.

While we have the time, it is best to get right with Jesus the Christ. Keep his Commandments and you will have everlasting life. His kingdom is the only kingdom we should look forward too. No diseases, No Wars and No more suffering.
And in opinion, We should leave America when the Antichrist tries to force the mark as well and Flee to Sinai Penninsula near Israel. Or We can stay in America and get tossed in a FEMA camp or if one takes the RFID chip, then one will tossed into the pit of fire

Caucasian or Gentile Rulership is over with Trump loosing, Christopher Columbus statue destroyed in Mexico, Robert E Lee statue being destroyed. Black Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans will now rule as they are the real Jews of the Bible.

• Haha
  • Okay...
  • Hmm
You need to source and cite these claims. I am not sure which Obama policy you are referencing. And your watering down claims are definitely suspect. I’m curious how you have decided diversity goals are systemic racism. The goals around diversity mostly are intended so poor neighborhood schools and communities get the same access to facilities and teachers as wealthier schools.

Bush championed PSLF and promoted it. You can’t claim this wasn’t a policy he strongly supported.

As for community colleges, I know plenty of non-minority PharmD grads from respectable (historically competitive and highly ranked) institutions who used the community colleges for most prerequisites. I don’t know about medicine, but it worked for them.
Site and source your claims that Bush championed PLSF. How is it suspect? read about affirmative action.

We are rank lowest in education compared to any other country. Any school in other countries care about ability and skills not diversity. Diversity is racist. Basically you are indirectly saying minorities are stupid so they need some help. It’s not really helping the poor neighborhoods as much as you think it is. Also Democrats control the Welfare to keep Black Americans and Hispanics at the bottom. During Bush’s year, more Black Americans and Hispanics left the Welfare system.

Nothing is going to happen with student loans. Democrats are known to keep the status quo with empty promises unless you are homosexual or a pedophile. No defunding the police. No police reform for Black Americans because theses politicians support the prison system. Human trafficking will be rampant, which Trump tried to control.

What is going to happen is Biden and Harris will push America into another War, a WW3, nuclear arms race by alienating Russia and Iran. They are war monger politicians. After WW3, a broker from Europe, will broker with Iran, Russia, China, India, Israel, and Saudi Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Sudan to establish a 7 year peace treaty. This broker will issue the RFID chip and COVID vaccine and without it you cannot buy or sell. This broker is the Antichrist spoken in the Bible. The Bible is real and God is real. Jesus is real. And Lucifer who this government worships is real.

Trump already brokered peace with Saudi, Sudan and Israel known as Abraham accords.

Basically, America is done. Democracy is over. Trump was the last US president. Now it will be a NWO, a Globalist government. And the Democrats and career politician Republicans are Globalists.

While we have the time, it is best to get right with Jesus the Christ. Keep his Commandments and you will have everlasting life. His kingdom is the only kingdom we should look forward too. No diseases, No Wars and No more suffering.
And in opinion, We should leave America when the Antichrist tries to force the mark as well and Flee to Sinai Penninsula near Israel. Or We can stay in America and get tossed in a FEMA camp or if one takes the RFID chip, then one will tossed into the pit of fire
Dang, dude. You’re in deep.:rofl: I think our conversations end here. LOL. QAnon beliefs. LOL!!

Basically you are indirectly saying minorities are stupid so they need some help. It’s not really helping the poor neighborhoods as much as you think it is. Also Democrats control the Welfare to keep Black Americans and Hispanics at the bottom. During Bush’s year, more Black Americans and Hispanics left the Welfare system.

Did you ever see the Youtube video where they interview liberals in California about requiring IDs to vote? So many white liberal "woke" people saying that requiring IDs to vote was racist because minorities didn't know where to get IDs, were too broke to own smartphones, etc. Then they go to NYC and interview minorities. It's a great lesson in recognizing the irony that the party of less racism is, indeed, more racist.

Did you ever see the Youtube video where they interview liberals in California about requiring IDs to vote? So many white liberal "woke" people saying that requiring IDs to vote was racist because minorities didn't know where to get IDs, were too broke to own smartphones, etc. Then they go to NYC and interview minorities. It's a great lesson in recognizing the irony that the party of less racism is, indeed, more racist.
I have never seen that YouTube video. I read Joe Biden gave eulogy on Robert Byrd who is a well known KKK member who was a Democrat senator.

Imagine being a Christian and thinking that Trump represents your values.
Not really an advocate of Trump. Trump is a Free Mason and a Zionist. But at the very least Trump did acknowledge Jesus the Christ. I am not brainwashed by liberal media to absolutely hate Trump.

However, Trump has done some good things. Cracked down on Human trafficking, limited illegals from entering into the country, closed the border for Syrian refugees, eliminated ISIS. Trump also kept peace in the Middle East. Expanded access to naloxone to stop opioid crisis. He messed up on the COVID situation but so did the scientists under him- Fauci, mainly.

Overall, Frankly, I don’t care who is president. Biden or Trump it does not matter. Prophecy from the Bible will be full filled. Also this country is controlled by the Banking families. I believe Nathan Rothschild said I care not who the president is, as I control the money supply.

WW3 will destroy this country financially which will be caused by politicians/bankers etc. And then, business will start going cashless as a solution. No more credit cards and cash. No more printing money without any value, known as fiat money. An RFID chip will contain everything from insurance, credit card, mortagage etc. Sweden is already going cashless. Research Sweden and RFID chip

• Haha

Caucasian or Gentile Rulership is over with Trump loosing, Christopher Columbus statue destroyed in Mexico, Robert E Lee statue being destroyed. Black Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans will now rule as they are the real Jews of the Bible.

lololololololololololol

Yeah

Nah, it is not a conspiracy. Research Sweden and RFID chip. Sweden is already going cashless. It is not too late to repent for Christ will come back.

ROFL hahahahhahaha

Not really an advocate of Trump. Trump is a Free Mason and a Zionist. But at the very least Trump did acknowledge Jesus the Christ. I am not brainwashed by liberal media to absolutely hate Trump.

However, Trump has done some good things. Cracked down on Human trafficking, limited illegals from entering into the country, closed the border for Syrian refugees, eliminated ISIS. Trump also kept peace in the Middle East. Expanded access to naloxone to stop opioid crisis. He messed up on the COVID situation but so did the scientists under him- Fauci, mainly.

Overall, Frankly, I don’t care who is president. Biden or Trump it does not matter. Prophecy from the Bible will be full filled. Also this country is controlled by the Banking families. I believe Nathan Rothschild said I care not who the president is, as I control the money supply.

WW3 will destroy this country financially which will be caused by politicians/bankers etc. And then, business will start going cashless as a solution. No more credit cards and cash. No more printing money without any value, known as fiat money. An RFID chip will contain everything from insurance, credit card, mortagage etc. Sweden is already going cashless. Research Sweden and RFID chip
Oh wow. Saving this post so I can look back on it later. LOL.

This is an excellent post filled with easily verifiable facts.

• Haha
This is an excellent post filled with easily verifiable facts.
If he put that on Twitter, he might get the same treatment as our president.

Depends on who wins the Georgia senate runoffs in January. If the Democrats win both seats...shew. Look out. PR and DC will be states. The House will be expanded. The Supreme Court will be expanded. Loan relief may very well be on the table.

They saw how close the authoritarian right came to seizing power and they will do everything in their power to prevent it from happening again. Next time, the fascists won't be as stupid and blatant as Trump.

Manchin is never voting for any of that. Neither are the two Arizona Democratic senators.

I am a biden supporter (well actually a democratic supporter as he was about my 5th choice in the primary season) but nothing will happen. Nor should it to currently outstanding loans. What needs to happen is reform going forward - mainly addressing the colleges being held to standards to keep tuition in check vs allowing them to raise the price as much as they want and trick kids into taking on excessive debt

bless your heart

• Haha
Then US would be a colony of China.

Yang is American born, and since that probably isn't good enough for you, his parents are from Taiwan, not China.

This broker will issue the RFID chip and COVID vaccine and without it you cannot buy or sell. This broker is the Antichrist spoken in the Bible. The Bible is real and God is real. Jesus is real. And Lucifer who this government worships is real.

Are you Alex Jones? The only one logical flaw in your argument is.... what's the point of a RFID chip when they're already tracking us on our smart phones?

Caucasian or Gentile Rulership is over with Trump loosing.

Also, end of Caucasian rulership? Were you not here for Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.