Biden has won.....What do you think will happen to student loans debt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchin is never voting for any of that. Neither are the two Arizona Democratic senators.

He would. He stands with them on the big things. He voted to impeach. He voted for Obamacare. Etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Glad I am on REPAYE, 17ish years left until forgiveness. Maybe Biden will extend the 0 payments and 0 interest thing until the end of 2021.

Reactions: 1 user
If all student loans were forgiven, it would work about as well as forgiveness of Third World debt, which was promoted a few years ago.

In other words, a lot of investors would be in deep doo-doo because nobody would be getting paid. Think about it.

Members don't see this ad :)

As I've said before many times, people paying their debt off early are suckers. 50k today and during the next big recession it will be the whole thing.

He would. He stands with them on the big things. He voted to impeach. He voted for Obamacare. Etc.

He doesn’t.

Only the Congress can appropriate money. At most the President could delay repayment indefinitely.
The Secretary of the Department of Education can wipe out any federal loans with no need for congress to be involved. Here is an article by Schumer/Warren from earlier in the year imploring Trump to do it without congress.

I'm trying to find a good source. As far as I can tell while the Education Department can cancel federal student loans due to death, disability or fraud, for example, others argue that a broad-scale student loan forgiveness plan would need congressional legislation based on a separation of powers argument.

The Supreme Court would then come in when the Senate challenges these executive orders.

How about we concentrate on the government's debt instead?

At first I thought some of this was sarcasm and then I kept reading and realized people actually believe what they type o_O

The internet is wiling yo. What the hell...

Reactions: 1 users

He doesn’t.

Biden is going to form a "bipartisan commission." He talked about it on 60 Minutes. It will give Joe cover to accept a change in the makeup of the court.

!

They better include private loans on this BS. Not my fault I had good enough credit to refinance to half the interest of federal loans.

They better include private loans on this BS. Not my fault I had good enough credit to refinance to half the interest of federal loans.
I wish, I'm in the same boat. But doubtful we get the help that people with federal loans get.

I know that tuition at most pharmacy schools are charging is a ridiculous amount but do people intentionally pull out all these loans with the intention of not paying it back and relying on the forgiveness plan? I'm just asking because the tuition i had to pay off was doable with the potential income i would make and which is why i paid off my loan. I remember having classmates with over $250K in loans and they kept pulling out the max grad-plus loans available so they could splurge but I never understood why.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that tuition at most pharmacy schools are charging is a ridiculous amount but do people intentionally pull out all these loans with the intention of not paying it back and relying on the forgiveness plan? I'm just asking because the tuition i had to pay off was doable with the potential income i would make and which is why i paid off my loan. I remember having classmates with over $250K in loans and they kept pulling out the max grad-plus loans available so they could splurge but I never understood why.
I think it's more because they are fiscally irresponsible/naive. Some of the common thinking of students:
  • They're going to just work as a "clinical pharmacist" at a hospital and get their loans discharged eventually
  • They overestimate how much they will actually make (if they even get a job). For example, there are people who think that they can pay off $250k in loans in 3 years on a $100k salary because a $100k salary yields $300k in 3 years. That is simply wrong. This is also why Dave Ramsey drives me crazy when he tells someone that they can pay down their student loans using numbers like above because there's something called TAXES and LIVING EXPENSES. It doesn't matter if you eat rice and beans and beans and rice everyday if your take home pay is <70% of your salary because... math.
  • They don't understand how student loan interest works. If you take out $200k in loans, then by the time you graduate your student loan balance will have easily ballooned to >$250k because the $50k you took out for P1 year will have matured at the interest rate for 4 years, the $50k you took out for P2 year will have matured for 3 years, etc.

Reactions: 10 users
Yang is American born, and since that probably isn't good enough for you, his parents are from Taiwan, not China.

Are you Alex Jones? The only one logical flaw in your argument is.... what's the point of a RFID chip when they're already tracking us on our smart phones?

Also, end of Caucasian rulership? Were you not here for Obama?

You are correct. Credit card companies, Insurance companies , government can track people without the RFID chip implant. But still one faces the threat of scammers and hackers that tap into your credit card purchasing unwanted things, or scam you claiming that there are your insurance company. Or scammers posing as government agencies telling you that someone is breaching your SSI. This is all get you to opt for a secure network by trading your freedom. The RFID chip provides security, but you trade away your freedom. They catch you reading a Bible with a chip inside you, they can shut you off.

Why do you think Bill Gates is talking about contact tracing and biometrics? Do you honestly believe Bill Gates is interested in your health? You can look up Gates. His family are a eugenicists or at least his father was. Look up Gates gardasil vaccine causes sterility in Indian girls. Why are we listening to a software engineer about health? Because Gates funds these Big Pharma studies.

Gates is not interested in people’s health. he is interested in tracking people through bio metrics. What is biometrics? Using a body part, eye or forearm in order to buy or purchase products

Also, Gates has not even vaccinated his kids according to his kids pediatrician

Why are the COVID vaccines do not contain a live virus or just a protein? Why viral genetic material? Why aren’t there studies on live virus? Those are studies needed to make sure our immune system can fight against this virus, not viral genetic material.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he put that on Twitter, he might get the same treatment as our president.
Are you for freedom of speech or against it? Do you support censoring content if it doesn’t agree with you views? We live in America, not Communist China.

Qanon for whatever reason seems to resonate with unemployed white males for whatever reason.

On a somewhat related note, my previous hospital was actually going to hire someone a few years back. But then they checked out his Facebook and saw a bunch of these conspiracy theories, racist posts, and other red flags. After showing them to the ceo, they decided to back out.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you for freedom of speech or against it? Do you support censoring content if it doesn’t agree with you views? We live in America, not Communist China.
Block every misinformation.

Yes, please censor all lies spewed by Trump. We don't need a divided country perpetuated by a con artist. Even his own party is starting to question his lies LMAO...

Lastly, we don't need more naive, QAnon believers in this country.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Yes, please censor all lies spewed by Trump. We don't need a divided country perpetuated by a con artist. Even his own party is starting to question his lies LMAO...

Yep. It's all CNN, all the time. Everything they put out is 100% truth, no bias.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

For the record, I have never even heard of Qanon until the mainstream media propped the organization up.

Qanon is just a front to attack people who provide evidence to back up their claims about what is going on in this country. Show me where the mainstream media backs up claims to what they are saying? When all it is is their opinions and narratives.

Yep. It's all CNN, all the time. Everything they put out is 100% truth, no bias.
Bias exists.

Baseless claim (lies) are just lies without proof.

Qanon for whatever reason seems to resonate with unemployed white males for whatever reason.

On a somewhat related note, my previous hospital was actually going to hire someone a few years back. But then they checked out his Facebook and saw a bunch of these conspiracy theories, racist posts, and other red flags. After showing them to the ceo, they decided to back out.
Well, of course they would back out when 10,000 residents that are as skilled as him that do not have Facebook with all these things.

Bias exists.

It's all about how the MSM spins everything. Kinda like how they bashed Trump rallies for not social distancing - yet when CNN decided on Saturday that Biden had won the Presidency, massive crowds not social distancing was totally fine. Not a peep.

Bias exists.

CNN lies too and so does other media corporations, but they can get away with it because they are bought out by big corporations like Disney.

Well, of course they would back out when 10,000 residents that are as skilled as him that do not have Facebook with all these things.

It's a small hospital, and it happened awhile ago. There were only a few other applicants. They ended up hiring a new grad over him who had 10+ years of experience.

I think it’s time to start blocking this guy; this is getting insane.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
This thread got fun real fast :)

I think it's more because they are fiscally irresponsible/naive. Some of the common thinking of students:
  • They're going to just work as a "clinical pharmacist" at a hospital and get their loans discharged eventually
  • They overestimate how much they will actually make (if they even get a job). For example, there are people who think that they can pay off $250k in loans in 3 years on a $100k salary because a $100k salary yields $300k in 3 years. That is simply wrong. This is also why Dave Ramsey drives me crazy when he tells someone that they can pay down their student loans using numbers like above because there's something called TAXES and LIVING EXPENSES. It doesn't matter if you eat rice and beans and beans and rice everyday if your take home pay is <70% of your salary because... math.
  • They don't understand how student loan interest works. If you take out $200k in loans, then by the time you graduate your student loan balance will have easily ballooned to >$250k because the $50k you took out for P1 year will have matured at the interest rate for 4 years, the $50k you took out for P2 year will have matured for 3 years, etc.

Yea, that third point hit me in the ass real fast after graduation. 2nd point, stopped me from buying a Porsche. And that first point---that's me now lol

I think it’s time to start blocking this guy; this is getting insane.
Watch and see. Biden will shut down the whole economy, leading to many shortages, especially food shortages, as there will be another COVID spike suddenly. (It is a joke that COVID numbers went down right after the election of Biden and Pfizer now announcing a vaccine with 90% efficacy).
Hurricane after Hurricane will continue to happen. While this is happening domestically, the foreign policy will be to provoke Iran and Russia to WW3 and of course US will support Israel. War, famine, COVID spikes, and disasters about to happen again under this presidency. On top of that, jobs will be leaving this country. The same jobs that Trump brought back. As Biden looks to outsource more jobs to China. Massive unemployment and homelessness, way worse than under Trump administration.

This is all leading to the NWO with main leader who is the Antichrist issuing the mark of the beast in order to buy or purchase. This will be a new reality when it is all said and done. Anyone who refuses will go to a FEMA camp.

Repent and get with Christ before it is too late and flee America when NWO starts to get executed

Additionally, Biden will agree to the Paris accords agreement, an agreement designed to be for climate change. another Global measure to force people into sustainable living. What does that mean? Forcing people into the cities, rather than rural areas. Forcing people to use public transport and riding bikes. EU is already executing this. Climate change is another joke, which opens a whole another can of worms. The corporations cause climate change to happen with the toxins they spill into the ocean and air and they blame that on common people. And then ask us to come with a solution. Hegelian dialectic at its finest. Problem, reaction and solution.

Just like COVID, another use of Hegelian dialectic. China and Harvard virology professors created the virus and patented the virus. You can look at it on pub med. and now want us to take a vaccine that has bypassed Pre clinical trials??? Or take a vaccine without a live virus??

• Haha
Note: Racism is not tolerated on SDN. A post was removed from this thread.

Did you ever see the Youtube video where they interview liberals in California about requiring IDs to vote? So many white liberal "woke" people saying that requiring IDs to vote was racist because minorities didn't know where to get IDs, were too broke to own smartphones, etc. Then they go to NYC and interview minorities. It's a great lesson in recognizing the irony that the party of less racism is, indeed, more racist.

I'm genuinely curious. You seem to be coming to the support of Rx1992 multiple times during this thread. Are you purposely ignoring some of the, quite frankly insane things he's saying, or picking and choosing the things you agree with (or third option: you secretly agree with everything)? Sure, I agree that affirmative action is not really fair nor beneficial in the grand scheme of things. But I also believe it doesn't reflect well to hitch my wagon with all of that without at least pointing out what's wrong with what he's saying.

To get back onto the topic at hand. I don't believe the government should forgive student loans. My personal opinion that federal subsidized (and unsubsidized to a lesser extent) loans are dumb to begin with and contributed to the inflation of college tuitions everywhere. I will go further and say that anyone who's taken out federal loans is dependent on the government and in a very small part contributed to inflated college system. I don't believe it's a coincidence that the federal total loan limit coincides with the tuition of many colleges.

If the quality of the education coincided with the increase cost, it would be understandable. But it hasn't and the professors aren't really getting paid more either. Instead, the increased tuition has mainly served to pay and hire more college "administrators".

Just want to say RX1992 doesn't represent the Republican party

He was just a nut.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Bias exists.

This is something that bothers me. Baseless claims are baseless claims but they aren’t necessarily lies depending on how the claim is presented. Evidence based medicine is based on things that started with hypothesis or that had to be put to the test to either confirm or reject.

Im not saying we should give baseless claims a whole lot of merit but to label something a hard falsehood without proof that it’s wrong is also bad scientific method. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim to have established as valid but to definitively write a hypothesis off conclusively should also merit proof against.

Unsupported claims are merely that, unsupported. Until someone has proof otherwise they stay that way.

Ask all the liberal pharmacy professors teaching natural products and homeopathy if they have the same bar of proof on making assertions or labeling a claim as false...

He was just a nut.

Thank you. You got at the heart of what I was trying to say with my previous post. I consider myself politically neutral, but I believe it does us all a disservice not to call out that kind of behavior just because their affiliation just happens to align with their own. Silence is often interpreted as the weakest form of consensus, but it is seen as consensus nonetheless.

He was just a nut.

I mean both liberal and conservatives are often demonized by the absolute most fringe elements within our party, so I feel your pain. ;)

What in the world happened in this thread?

I really wish we had good universal healthcare so people could get the help that they need, including good mental health services. I’m concerned with the delusions and paranoia I’m witnessing all around me. :(

I also wish our education in this country emphasized critical thinking skills more. I think the ability to think independently, logically, and to separate fact from fiction is invaluable.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yang is American born, and since that probably isn't good enough for you, his parents are from Taiwan, not China.

I was going to say that. This is how the average American thinks, unfortunately. They won't vote for him cause they can't imagine having a "Chinese" president.

Reactions: 4 users
Watch and see. Biden will shut down the whole economy, leading to many shortages, especially food shortages, as there will be another COVID spike suddenly. (It is a joke that COVID numbers went down right after the election of Biden and Pfizer now announcing a vaccine with 90% efficacy).
Hurricane after Hurricane will continue to happen. While this is happening domestically, the foreign policy will be to provoke Iran and Russia to WW3 and of course US will support Israel. War, famine, COVID spikes, and disasters about to happen again under this presidency. On top of that, jobs will be leaving this country. The same jobs that Trump brought back. As Biden looks to outsource more jobs to China. Massive unemployment and homelessness, way worse than under Trump administration.

This is all leading to the NWO with main leader who is the Antichrist issuing the mark of the beast in order to buy or purchase. This will be a new reality when it is all said and done. Anyone who refuses will go to a FEMA camp.

Repent and get with Christ before it is too late and flee America when NWO starts to get executed

Additionally, Biden will agree to the Paris accords agreement, an agreement designed to be for climate change. another Global measure to force people into sustainable living. What does that mean? Forcing people into the cities, rather than rural areas. Forcing people to use public transport and riding bikes. EU is already executing this. Climate change is another joke, which opens a whole another can of worms. The corporations cause climate change to happen with the toxins they spill into the ocean and air and they blame that on common people. And then ask us to come with a solution. Hegelian dialectic at its finest. Problem, reaction and solution.

Just like COVID, another use of Hegelian dialectic. China and Harvard virology professors created the virus and patented the virus. You can look at it on pub med. and now want us to take a vaccine that has bypassed Pre clinical trials??? Or take a vaccine without a live virus??

Honestly this was just crazy. I thought the individual behind this account was very logical until this wild looney toons stuff. Did they get hacked?

Honestly this was just crazy. I thought the individual behind this account was very logical until this wild looney toons stuff. Did they get hacked?

Check her history. This is certainly more extreme than I recall her ever being before but I don't think it's that far out of line.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a bit late to the party. It did make for some fun reading though while it lasted.....

I’m also in the camp that believes full on loan forgiveness, outside of the established reasons (death of borrower, school fraud, etc...) requires a full act of Congress.

But, I also think the extension of zero payment is also subject to Congressional approval, but since this was never explicitly litigated, I’m expecting to see another creditable 6 months to 1 year of zero interest/zero payments via executive order, if not already passed by Congress prior to the end of the year.

I personally also think the path to loan forgiveness involves shrinking the required monthly payment so low, it just functionally does not materially affect household finances. Politically, the “pAy wHaT U bOrRoW” crowd is placated (maybe not the folks on SDN that thrive on the details, I see y’all) and those seeking full discharge of loans find it a fair compromise.

I'm genuinely curious. You seem to be coming to the support of Rx1992 multiple times during this thread. Are you purposely ignoring some of the, quite frankly insane things he's saying, or picking and choosing the things you agree with (or third option: you secretly agree with everything)? Sure, I agree that affirmative action is not really fair nor beneficial in the grand scheme of things. But I also believe it doesn't reflect well to hitch my wagon with all of that without at least pointing out what's wrong with what he's saying.

To get back onto the topic at hand. I don't believe the government should forgive student loans. My personal opinion that federal subsidized (and unsubsidized to a lesser extent) loans are dumb to begin with and contributed to the inflation of college tuitions everywhere. I will go further and say that anyone who's taken out federal loans is dependent on the government and in a very small part contributed to inflated college system. I don't believe it's a coincidence that the federal total loan limit coincides with the tuition of many colleges.

If the quality of the education coincided with the increase cost, it would be understandable. But it hasn't and the professors aren't really getting paid more either. Instead, the increased tuition has mainly served to pay and hire more college "administrators".

I was purposely ignoring 99.9% of what he said because, yes, it was insane.

Well, that was a bit crazy. :rofl: I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person, but there is a difference between entertaining a conspiracy theory and wondering "what if that were true" and hearing a conspiracy theory and deciding it must be 100% true and any evidence showing otherwise is fake evidence to hide the truth.

But Harris is far left. Harris is the real President. Biden probably will just be a mouth piece

Harris talks far left, but her actually history would suggest that is not true. She has a very-pro police, very law and order past.

But Harris is far left. Harris is the real President. Biden probably will just be a mouth piece
I remeber people saying the same thing about Bush and Cheney.

Would have liked if Biden had picked up someone like Yang. Harris nomination is driven strictly by publicity IMO..

Thank you, someone said it. I *deeply* concur Harris was a PR move than actually a step for change. But maybe there will be a different female who comes out in 2024 that would challenge Harris.

Anything is possible now that we’ve already had people coming out of left field into politics like Donald Trump & Andrew Yang who changed the way “both parties” have to approach the country moving forward. Although, the pandemic is already doing that.

As for the possibility of Biden changing much of anything for student loan repayments, I’m just as hopeful as many here: not that much.

I will be voting for Republicans in January runoff even though I voted against them in October..

Can’t let one party run wild. Power separation is a compete necessity in current political climate.

Dang I missed the deep state / Stormfront talk

TBF actual huwhite candidates for U.S. Congress sound like that because people voted for them in Republican primaries, i.e., deride naturalized citizens as refugees

I think it is fairly likely that the no interest deferment continues for a period of months. I don't really see anything happening beyond that, and to be honest I am happy with the no interest deferment. It's nice seeing balances go down that much quicker.

Thank you, someone said it. I *deeply* concur Harris was a PR move than actually a step for change. But maybe there will be a different female who comes out in 2024 that would challenge Harris.

Anything is possible now that we’ve already had people coming out of left field into politics like Donald Trump & Andrew Yang who changed the way “both parties” have to approach the country moving forward. Although, the pandemic is already doing that.

As for the possibility of Biden changing much of anything for student loan repayments, I’m just as hopeful as many here: not that much.
Biden said he wasn't running in 2024. He will be the first octogenarian president if he chooses to run in 2024. So, it's very likely gonna be Harris or whatever dems picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.