Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lonely Sol

cowgoesmoo fan!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do cyanobacteria have chloroplast or just photosynthetic pigment?
Also can cyano bacteria withstand high temperatures?

Gas exchange in fetus occurs where?
--Is it umbilical cord or placenta?

Do green algae have sporophyte generation or not?

Also Chlorophyta (green algae) were classifiied as protists, but arent green algae in kingdom plantae.

I am just getting these a little confused!

Members don't see this ad.

Also Chlorophyta (green algae) were classifiied as protists, but arent green algae in kingdom plantae.

Green algae is part of Protista... remember: they are plant-like protists, not actual plants.

Members don't see this ad :)
while we are on the topic of the fetus....how does fetal circulation work in terms of how O2 is carried via hemoglobin?
b/c if i recall correctly isn't there a greater oxygen binding affinity in the fetus...something about how one of the amino acids i believer Ser is replaced with either a more negative or a more positive amino acid....someone plz confirm this...
i'm gettin down to the nittyyyy grittty with this haha...

Do green algae have sporophyte generation or not?

Most green algae reproduce both sexually and asexually. Alternation of generations is when algae alternate between gametophyte and sporophyte generations.

while we are on the topic of the fetus....how does fetal circulation work in terms of how O2 is carried via hemoglobin?
b/c if i recall correctly isn't there a greater oxygen binding affinity in the fetus...something about how one of the amino acids i believer Ser is replaced with either a more negative or a more positive amino acid....someone plz confirm this...
i'm gettin down to the nittyyyy grittty with this haha...

This is all I know about this topic:

The young recieves nutrients from the mother through a circulatory system, which also removes wastes from the young as well. The parts of placental internal development are the placenta, which allows gas exchange in the fetus, and the umbilical cord, which connects the fetus to the placent, both which develop from the four components of an egg: amnion, chorion, allantois, and yolk sac. The placenta is created from the chorion, while the umbilical cord develops from the allantois. Umbilical vessels are created from the yolk sac.

Thanks bsup for the answers!! Here is another question:

Where do you find the highest pressure when left ventricles pump the blood:

aorta or capillaries!

--I always thought arota since it is freshly pumped there but in one problem, it says capillaries since it has the highest resistance, which makes sense but is that true!

aorta--> arteries -- > arterioles --> capillaries--> venules---> veins.
capillaries have the smallest diameter and hence the largest resistance.

The plant kingdom consists of the bryophytes and the tracheophytes. Green algae is a photosynthetic plant like protist. hope this helps

can someone help me with this chem question.....
how many grams of h3po4 is needed to make 50ml of a 2.5N h3po4 solution

can someone help me with this chem question.....
how many grams of h3po4 is needed to make 50ml of a 2.5N h3po4 solution

No you dont use NaVa=bVb

All you have to do with this, is first fins the M of the h3po4, which is 2.5/3 (since there are 3 equivalent hydrogens), then after you get the M, you can find moles by : (5/6*.050L) ~ 1/24, then times it by the MW of h3po4 (98g/mol)

Oh I got 5/6 from : 2.5/3 = 25/30 = 5/6

Another bio question:

I just read one of the text and it said cnidarians have endo and mesoderm, is that true?

I would think it would have endo and ectoderm!?

acoelomates=platyhelminthes...porifera...cnidaria...hmmm flatworms...ctenophores
pseudocoelomates=nematodes and rotifers
coelemates would be all the rest...like enchinoderms...earthworms...MOLLUSKS (very big one) and all the others

hmm well cnidarians have a jelly-like mesoglea in between the 2 cell layers, which is not considered a true germ layer because it doesn't really have many cells. hope that helps (first post!)