Biochemistry notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faefly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any online lecture notes for biochemistry I.

a pdf or doc folder or even powerpoints or famous flashcards ... Anything will help! Even if it's your personal notes you can pm it to me and I won't share it with others upon request!

The slides our professor shares are very simple and lack a lot of details, and the book takes a lot of time of reading and I am taking lots of credits this semester.

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Check out Khan Academy; helped me out a lot!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any online lecture notes for biochemistry I.

a pdf or doc folder or even powerpoints or famous flashcards ... Anything will help! Even if it's your personal notes you can pm it to me and I won't share it with others upon request!

The slides our professor shares are very simple and lack a lot of details, and the book takes a lot of time of reading and I am taking lots of credits this semester.

Thank you for your help!
AK Lectures on YouTube is an amazing resource for both Biochemistry I & II

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, you might just consider getting a tutor if you think you could spare an hour or two a week. Biochem is a pretty easy subject IMO but then again that was my major so I might be biased. It requires a lot of conceptual thinking to understand how things are occurring though. To start off, make sure you understand the glycolytic pathway through to the electron transport chain. Understand how electrons are flowing starting from glucose and ending at water because that is really the majority of what most biochem classes are going to cover. In my graduate biochem classes, 80% of the course was spent going over this to make sure it was understood because once you understand how it works you can figure out the energy required to process basically anything and also the amount of energy you can get from any molecule in the human body.

Check out Khan Academy; helped me out a lot!
Thank you so much our professor gave us khan academy biomolecule Mcat he said this is cover a lot of biochem 1

https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/mcat/biomolecules

Chads coursesaver site has a free Biochem section

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thank you I'll check it out.

AK Lectures on YouTube is an amazing resource for both Biochemistry I & II

Thank you, I know of this channel the only problem is I don't know where to start with which topic.

Honestly, you might just consider getting a tutor if you think you could spare an hour or two a week. Biochem is a pretty easy subject IMO but then again that was my major so I might be biased. It requires a lot of conceptual thinking to understand how things are occurring though. To start off, make sure you understand the glycolytic pathway through to the electron transport chain. Understand how electrons are flowing starting from glucose and ending at water because that is really the majority of what most biochem classes are going to cover. In my graduate biochem classes, 80% of the course was spent going over this to make sure it was understood because once you understand how it works you can figure out the energy required to process basically anything and also the amount of energy you can get from any molecule in the human body.

Thank you for putting the effort to explain these stuff to me, I'll make sure to spend extra time on the topics you suggested.

i used chads video (now chemistryprep.com) for elementary biochemistry (non-majors) this past semester. I cannot recommend it any higher. its amazing.