Biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroiscool42

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried to spin molecular biology as biochemistry? I'm asking because I took a quarter of biochem and a quarter of molecular bio and was wondering if it would equate to a semester of biochemistry that some schools require.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody tried to spin molecular biology as biochemistry? I'm asking because I took a quarter of biochem and a quarter of molecular bio and was wondering if it would equate to a semester of biochemistry that some schools require.

what schools require biochem as a pore-req?

Members don't see this ad :)
what schools require biochem as a pore-req?

DMU, KCU, MSU , RVU, MUCOM, UNECOM

You can still be accepted without it with the expectation that you complete it with a "C" or better by matriculation. I think most people on here would recommend taking it before you take your MCAT (if you haven't taken it yet) as the new MCAT is chalked full of biochemistry.

Reactions: 1 user
I would recommend taking biochem. Only because there is a chance that you get into school however the school doesn't see molecular biology as biochemistry. This could set you back a year and make you take biochem anyways.

I have already taken biochem it's just that the # of units doesn't add up to semester units required. However, I have looked at various schools' biochemistry syallabi and have found that they covered the same material I did.

Doesn't the fact that you have to use the word "spin" suggest to you that it's wrong?

Reactions: 1 user
You can still be accepted without it with the expectation that you complete it with a "C" or better by matriculation. I think most people on here would recommend taking it before you take your MCAT (if you haven't taken it yet) as the new MCAT is chalked full of biochemistry.

this is good to know. thank you.