How to handle NO Biochemistry (but 2 semester of Orgo)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armoman898

Reaction score
I have taken Orgo 1 and 2 (8 credits). I did not take Biochem before I graduated :bang:. I'm a non-trad.

On my AACOMAS primary, I selected "I'm not matching any course to this prerequisite" for Biochemistry, for the schools that require Biochem. I already submitted (9/12/18).
biochem_pre.png

I emailed a few schools directly (as I've seen advised in other threads), and the consensus I got was: 'you may apply, but you must take biochem before you matriculate'

Should I start actively looking for a non-degree biochem class at a college now? Should I wait until I get secondaries or interview invites (to the schools that require it)? In fact, do you guys think I will be hard screened, or be at a disadvantage from schools that requires the pre-req?

The next offerings would be Spring 2019 at undergrad schools, unless I find something online (is online ok?). I really don't want to spend the money unless I have to. When and if I do register, will I have to report it on AACOMAS, and resend/re-verify transcripts?

Any comments, suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: