1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Biology 1 and Foundations of Biochemistry same semester?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Flower_Child, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Flower_Child

Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical
    The title says it all. I am taking Biology 1, foundations of biochem and college algebra this fall. Aced survey of organic chemistry, and have taken microbiology (300 lv... this was at a CC and the pre-req was satisfied by gen chem 1, in case you were wondering)... but i will admit the class was an easy A due to the laid back professor. I am pretty sure EVERYONE received an A in the class honestly. Will this be too hefty of a load? I have a 9 month old son, but I do not work or go out or do anything that is in any sense fun... ever. All I do is study. But is this a good combo? Or does it spell disaster... I am more of a chem fan than biology.

2. hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Is biology 1 not a pre-req for biochemistry at your school? It might be difficult to do them both at the same time. It helped to have a basic knowledge of biology before taking biochem

3. Flower_Child

no biology is not a pre req for foundations of biochem at my school. survey of organic chemistry was

4. Flower_Child

Did you take Biochemistry 1 or did you take a one semester course?

5. hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I took a one semester course. The pre-reqs were bio 1 & 2 and organic chem 1 & 2. I guess if bio isn't a pre-req, then go for it!

Flower_Child likes this.