Biology on the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desiboho

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to study for biology on the DAT? As of right now I have feralis and cliff notes. I haven't started studying them, but I have two months to study during the summer before I take the DAT and I want to know if I should memorize one or the other or both and if theres any other materials that best represent the bio section on the DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the best way to study for biology on the DAT? As of right now I have feralis and cliff notes. I haven't started studying them, but I have two months to study during the summer before I take the DAT and I want to know if I should memorize one or the other or both and if theres any other materials that best represent the bio section on the DAT.
What I did was first I read AP cliffs and then went through bio practice tests twice with writing detailed notes. Then I read 2 chapters of feralis notes everyday over and over again along with reviewing the notes until the exam day.

Honestly if you have a strong foundation just skip to feralis. I wish I would’ve done this when I was studying. Supplement with YouTube videos.

Members don't see this ad :)
People memorize and swear by the Feralis notes and get 23+. I guess some wish they never looked at them. Its fascinating.

If you have a good foundation, I would skip Cliff's and go right into Feralis. If you do not, I would read Cliffs then into Feralis. Feralis is the more detailed version of Cliffs. To each his own.

Reactions: 1 users
People memorize and swear by the Feralis notes and get 23+. I guess some wish they never looked at them. Its fascinating.

If you have a good foundation, I would skip Cliff's and go right into Feralis. If you do not, I would read Cliffs then into Feralis. Feralis is the more detailed version of Cliffs. To each his own.
I second this. I also used DAT Destroyer to help check my understanding and DAT Bootcamp to practice. Good luck!

I think reading Cliff's through once is a good idea if you haven't taken biology classes in a while and your foundation is rusty. It's a really great way to review the concepts quickly. My notes are a supplement I designed for memorization and incorporation of material that can show up on the DAT, but isn't covered in Cliff's. If it's your first time through, try reading a chapter in Cliff's and then reviewing the corresponding chapter in my notes. Once you've done this for all the chapters and everything starts to gel, you can move on to the memorization phase of review.

If you have any more specific questions on preparing for the biology section, please let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Got a 26 by studying 1) cliffs 2) feralis 3) practice exams 4) notecards on any concepts I missed 5) feralis notes over and over while supplementing with YouTube videos 6) keep adding and reviewing notecards as you study