Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, just finished my sophomore year and I don't really know what to do with myself now that orgo is no longer ruining my life???
Orgo really wasn't that bad...when I took it the second time >_>
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wow, just finished my sophomore year and I don't really know what to do with myself now that orgo is no longer ruining my life???
In case anyone needs a laugh
Just finished finals
In case anyone needs a laugh
Just finished finals
AA rising sophomore at the #1 school for sending AAs to med school checking in. I need to start volunteering somewhere asap. It seems like getting a volunteer position in a hospital or clinic is just as hard as getting a job lol
Do admissions committees prefer one over the other?You can also try hospice or retirement homes.
They prefer hospiceDo admissions committees prefer one over the other?
Goodbye, Spring '16 semester. Hello, Summer '16!
I am not looking forward to calc and the various science classes that I have registered for in the fall.
@treesnm3s nursing homes are always looking for rreeeeevvvveeennnnggeee. Always.
So...spent the last hr reading all the pgs in this thread up to this point. Quite an interesting, roller coaster of a read lol. Yet, I still feel I need to keep procrastinating on SDN (the one advantage to being in grad school at the moment).
Haha, I figured that's what you were doing. What are you studying?
Cancer pharmacology and computational genomics for the PhD part. Basically means I'm either in lab at some God forsaken hr in the morning/night collecting time course data, reading papers, coding for hrs, or wasting some time on SDN/netflix. But can't really complain too much since I enjoy my projects.
You can also try hospice or retirement homes.
^ Lol but there's actually more:
Tbh petty skai jackson is one of the best things to happen to twitter: http://blavity.com/15-skai-jackson-memes-thatll-unleash-inner-petty/
My school does the composite letter and we have an online portal where we keep individual letters, so I started asking for letters the fall semester before I submitted my application until about February. All the letters were then submitted to the online portal. I requested the composite letter in May (as soon as all the individual letters were complete).For those of you who have already been through the application process: When did you start requesting your letters of recommendation?
For those of you who have already been through the application process: When did you start requesting your letters of recommendation?
+1.....I started in January....it takes some profs MONTHS to write the letterI requested letters from my writers at the beginning of the Spring semester of application year and sent a few reminder emails until they sent them in. I didn't have a committee letter but most schools have a specific date to meet with advisors and get all that stuff out of the way.
Good luck!!!My program starts today! Wish me luck yall!
You're going to do well! 🙂My program starts today! Wish me luck yall!
If Black Twitter went on your last date with you:
My program starts today! Wish me luck yall!
For those of you who have already been through the application process: When did you start requesting your letters of recommendation?
Hahahahaha!!!
Congrats on finishing finals! On to the next thing!
Hey is your SDN name Ocjem of icionado? What is an icionado?
I think it's a play on "aficionado" - aka he's good at ochem (think he's a ochem PhD)
yeah, finally no more probationYou're no longer on probation 🙂
Is it 14K gold? It is cute. I know my skin is very sensitive lol
Hey is your SDN name Ocjem of icionado? What is an icionado?
Lol, Organic chemistry aficionado (oficionado). I thought putting an O instead of an A was cool in that moment.
yassssAbigail vs U of T verdict (My thoughts)
Privilege is assuming your mediocrity is superior to marginalized people's excellence #StayMadAbby #StillMadAbby
#BeckyWithTheBadGrades
#Yes her name is Abby but we are calling her Becky today
yassss
that had me dying when I first saw it lmao black twitter is out of control xD #beckywiththebadgrades
And the thing is, 47 students with worse grades than Abigail were admitted to UT, but her lawsuit only challenged the admission of the 5 black ones, not the 42 white ones.Yasss hunty! We did not come to play! We came to SLAY! We all came in Formation, even SCOTUS!
Abby was subpar and got subpar results. She wasn't stellar, lol. This reminds me of some the SDN community. *Sips tea*
You spend 5 years suing the school for curving you, and then the Supreme Court Hit you with the "NAH" #BeckyWithTheBadGrades
And the thing is, 47 students with worse grades than Abigail were admitted to UT, but her lawsuit only challenged the admission of the 5 black ones, not the 42 white ones.
And then the school said she could transfer to them after a year and this girl denied them.
Lmao for realThe epitome of goals:
View attachment 204768
Holiday time again. Best song by him imo. Then again I dont really listen to Jamaican music despite my entire family being from there. Need to get back to those roots. But I have to admit, one of the funniest things I ever seen in my life was Jamaican.Any Jamaicans (Yaardies) ever heard Alkaline's song, Moving Mountains? Oh my, I thought it was a love song 😵. I was really shock by the words. Hopefully, this is not played at any Jamaican weddings. Well, maybe at a Passa Passa Thursday wedding. If you don't know what a passa passa video is yuh nyuh real.
Wassup. Welcome and gl. Also, happy belated Father's Day.wuttup just found this thread. im an AA male non trad [28 with a daughter] trying to make it happen. showing love.
Sent from my SM-N900P using SDN mobile
Why would a person even want to go to a school that they feel like they've been wronged by to the point of suing. This entire thing was a waste of time. Around 1400 4 year colleges and she spent years crying over 1And the thing is, 47 students with worse grades than Abigail were admitted to UT, but her lawsuit only challenged the admission of the 5 black ones, not the 42 white ones.
And then the school said she could transfer to them after a year and this girl denied them.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.