Bnb & Physeo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babbino

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting my step studying and am trying to decide how to incoorporate bnb & physeo both. From what I've seen, physeo explains things a lot better and has great visuals, but their cards aren't amazing and they're not comprehensive. I know I can't JUST do physeo, but I think it would be good for my weak subjects and for their sketches (vitamins, genetic diseases, etc). I was thinking of just doing some physeo and then all of bnb. But thinking about it more, I'm already getting a substantial amount of physeo done...so would it be crazy to do all of physeo + all of bnb? (I just finished first year, so thinking physeo this summer and bnb during classes/dedicated).

My other question is with regards to physeo micro sketches. I'm definetely doing sketchy micro because I know almost all of them already from first year, but it seems like physeo does cover a few more organisms, so I'd like to at least fill in the gaps with it. If I did want to do the whole micro section though, do ya'll think that would be too confusing (having sketchy + physeo sketches for one topic) or that it would be more beneficial?

Members don't see this ad.

One thing I've learned as a medical educator is that there is no one size fits all in Board study resources. You have to find the combo of things that work for you. Me personally, I recommend BnB, but I really, really hated Physeo. I found it to be difficult to navigate and was underwhelmed by their practice questions.

BUT, if you like Physeo, you have to go for it! Can't comment on the micro part...that's way outside my wheelhouse. Try asking your Micro profs what they think of it. My students love Sketchy, even with the odd glyphs.

Reactions: 3 users
I am only a rising M2, but I started step prep for the year 1 material (I have some big weaknesses from the first semester, and wanted to catch up). I was wondering, what is Physeo like? ive never heard of it. I personally use pathoma for path, Bnb for everything, FA for HYI (I have been working through it, so it has bunch of my notes in it), sketchy for pharm and micro, and cheesy lightyear deck for anki. For the question banks I use Uworld and AMBOSS. But I have about 12 months till my step, so I know its different situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am only a rising M2, but I started step prep for the year 1 material (I have some big weaknesses from the first semester, and wanted to catch up). I was wondering, what is Physeo like? ive never heard of it. I personally use pathoma for path, Bnb for everything, FA for HYI (I have been working through it, so it has bunch of my notes in it), sketchy for pharm and micro, and cheesy lightyear deck for anki. For the question banks I use Uworld and AMBOSS. But I have about 12 months till my step, so I know its different situation.
I still haven't bought Physeo since I'm trying to decide resources, but I have the free trial for all of their videos and mainly wanted to use it for some of their sketches (similar to sketchy). They have sketches for genetic diseases, autoimmune diseases, micro (which I'm not doing since I already watched sketchy), etc. I know I struggled to remember some of these in class because they have repetative symptoms so I really want to use physeo for that. Otherwise, my study plan is pretty similar to yours, and I'm also only a rising second year. I'm planning to use Anking instead though -- whats cheesy lightyear?

I still haven't bought Physeo since I'm trying to decide resources, but I have the free trial for all of their videos and mainly wanted to use it for some of their sketches (similar to sketchy). They have sketches for genetic diseases, autoimmune diseases, micro (which I'm not doing since I already watched sketchy), etc. I know I struggled to remember some of these in class because they have repetative symptoms so I really want to use physeo for that. Otherwise, my study plan is pretty similar to yours, and I'm also only a rising second year. I'm planning to use Anking instead though -- whats cheesy lightyear?
I would probably do a horrible job explaining what cheesy lightyear deck is :