Lecturio, Osmosis, Physeo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spetzler-Martin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts about these three sources for Step 1 prep? They seem to be less commonly talked about compared to other platforms. Is Boards and Beyond (plus the other major sources) more than enough?

Members don't see this ad.

Physeo is super underrated imo. He teaches physiology in a clear and intuitive way from the ground up using drawings and diagrams. I'm not sure the videos will be free after August 1st so I would check it out now before investing.

Osmosis works well for certain subjects that require more visualization, such as embryology, path or heart sounds. Didn't really use it all that much but it can be pretty effective if that's your style.

Never tried lecturio but a ton of people on reddit said it's trash.

Reactions: 1 user
BnB is more than enough for most, but some prefer Physeo instead because it has more of a teaching style. But it's definitely a good and proven resource. Clearly, they've gotten popular enough to be able to start charging and really competing with BnB, lol.

I think osmosis is solid for if you're struggling with the specific pathophys of a certain disease, but that's all I can mostly recall people using it for. @Matthew9Thirtyfive can speak more to this.

Yeah, I've heard overwhelmingly that lecturio is garbage.

Members don't see this ad :)
i hated osmosis. i found many of their videos to be repetitive. by repeating basic concepts over and over.

like for every bacteria that was gram negative...('its gram negative because it will take up safranin dye and be pink on a gram stain')...and multiply that expansion for every virulence factor.

i hated osmosis. i found many of their videos to be repetitive. by repeating basic concepts over and over.

like for every bacteria that was gram negative...('its gram negative because it will take up safranin dye and be pink on a gram stain')...and multiply that expansion for every virulence factor.

I don’t really watch their regular videos. Their high yield path videos are 1000x better. They’re like pathoma and BnB combined with animations.

The osmosis videos all follow the same style/format, which makes recall challenging. They don’t have any good memory hooks for long-term retention; the videos tend to blend together.