Board Certification in Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks... I saw that others had been able to apply for exams as well. Glad to see it's just not me and that the error is probably just how the system is working (or not if you want to look at it that way).

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing till now. I keep checking the folio and verifycert.
not sure if getting the error message when clicking on applying for an examination could mean anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that the ABPN was closed today due to their holiday party...while we slowly die of anxiety.

This is insane. It’s been exactly 12 weeks today. Last year results were released early in the morning exactly 12 weeks to the day. So we are officially starting week 13 of the “waiting game” now. I really hope they don’t plan to release scores on “Friday the 13th” for obvious reasons... lol... if they do, then someone at ABPN is asleep on the job.

Reactions: 2 users
Somewhere an ABPN employee is reading this message board and cackling.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone told me the other day that surgeons get their scores back in less than 2 weeks after they take their general surgery boards... confirmed on their website, which states "within 7 business days" after the exam. Just food for thought...

Reactions: 3 users
I'm having major anxiety checking it while I'm at work lol.

Like seriously, they need to be fair and do it at the 12 week mark (which is today). We had to take it a week earlier than last year. It's only fair as those that did not pass should know so they can start planning accordingly.

Hoping you all get good news soon

Reactions: 4 users
The folio website is undergoing maintenance at this moment. Not sure what would this mean

And now the status changed to pending release of grades

Which status says this? Nothing changed on mine.

after you log into the ABPN folio, look at the table beneath additional Information. below the cell where is says application status it changed from approved to pending release if grades.

after you log into the ABPN folio, look at the table beneath additional Information. below the cell where is says application status it changed from approved to pending release if grades.
Thanks... I see it now. I was looking at the two status below that... to early in the am!

Anyone getting the error message changed to being able to choose certification exam?

I noticed the change with the Pain and Palliative care exam options! Not sure what that means!!
Are you able to apply for a sub specialty exam? I am getting the error message. Is that a negative sign?

Just called ABPN 5 mins ago. Was told by receptionist "I don't have an exact date for you, but hopefully within the next couple of days."
This is just torture/cruel and unusual punishment at this point. I mean after 3 months you're telling me you can't solidify a final score release date yet? :eyebrow:

• Haha
And they keep saying “wait for the email..when you get the email that will be the sign your score is ready” lol

• Haha
Just called ABPN 5 mins ago. Was told by receptionist "I don't have an exact date for you, but hopefully within the next couple of days."
This is just torture/cruel and unusual punishment at this point. I mean after 3 months you're telling me you can't solidify a final score release date yet? :eyebrow:

WTH?!!!! :mad:

Well according to the email that we got a few weeks ago:

When will grades be available?

We anticipate the results of your examination being available in your ABPN Physician Folios account no later than December 13, 2019.

But it's scary that some are able to go ahead with the "Apply for examination" link and some not. Nervous...Any other thoughts on that?

But it's scary that some are able to go ahead with the "Apply for examination" link and some not. Nervous...Any other thoughts on that?

Don’t make yourself crazy, it’s like astrology or something.

Reactions: 1 users
Guessing we are probably still waiting until Friday. When I read the email about the 13th I made the mental assumption they'd take the whole time...I just wished for better.

Check page 22 of this thread for more info

Check page 22 of this thread for more info
Thanks. the discussion about the error message was in page 21. Someone who was able to go forward with the link and the other guy who got the error message (like me), both were certified. That's some relief until Friday.

Thanks. the discussion about the error message was in page 21. Someone who was able to go forward with the link and the other guy who got the error message (like me), both were certified. That's some relief until Friday.
You can also check page 19 for 2016 if you wish to

Looks like not today...hope everyone can try to hv a good afternoon, we’ll try again tmrw

This makes me feel better

Anyone hear of certified status being up on VerifyCert before scores are actually emailed out?

The VerifyCert database updates really, really early in the morning (middle of the night) daily and some in the past have found out this way (before getting any e-mail or checking folios).

I'm going to just stop checking like a lunatic and focus on other things. It seems like Friday the 13th it is.

I really don’t think we’ll have to wait until Friday, especially now that the status has changed to “pending release of grades.” Remember, the child psych folks found out the day after their status change. Just hoping for good news for us all, whenever it eventually comes.

Reactions: 4 users
I really don’t think we’ll have to wait until Friday, especially now that the status has changed to “pending release of grades.” Remember, the child psych folks found out the day after their status change. Just hoping for good news for us all, whenever it eventually comes.

So optimistic. I like it!

We have like one more hour...I thought it would be today given the change of status yesterday.