Bootcamp QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khayeshan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been scoring consistent 20s on Bootcamp's practice QR sections, but i'm only missing 4-5 questions. That seems like a really strange way for it to be scored. I figured 35/40 would mean at least a 22? Does anyone know how BC scores these?

Members don't see this ad.

BC and the real DAT are not scored point for point. They are percentiles. The mean is around 17.5 with a normal distribution bell curve.

For example a QR score of 18 has a range of about 8-10 questions. But once you get up into the range of 21-22+, 1 question may or may not change your score. Even on the real DAT, sometimes you can miss ZERO questions but you won't get a 30 because that isn't how the bell curve is distributed. Its best to not get too caught up with the numbers. Focus on your raw score rather than the adjusted percentile.

It sounds like you are doing pretty well with things if you are only missing 5 questions. I wouldn't worry too much whether it translates to 20 or 22 or 25. BC is meant to be a tool to help you learn the material that you missed. Just keep working to perfect your minor mistakes and you will do great on the real thing. :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Every test needs to be calibrated according to its own difficulty, which means your raw score could improve from a 35 to a 38, but if your peers scores also increased on average by 3 points, then you'll get the same standard score. Of course it gets a lot more complicated than that and the DAT spends a lot of money to make sure the test is valid and assesses your readiness to take the test, but that is gist of why your standard score and raw score differ. Going off what @knewstance said above though, focus on what you're getting wrong and learn how to get it right! That's what is going to improve your score and help you score big on test day.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been scoring consistent 20s on Bootcamp's practice QR sections, but i'm only missing 4-5 questions. That seems like a really strange way for it to be scored. I figured 35/40 would mean at least a 22? Does anyone know how BC scores these?
No one knows the exact magical formula that the ADA uses for scoring, it is very complex and they use a lot of different data. I agree with what has been posted, worry less about scoring and focus more on improving any areas of weakness.

Wishing you the best..and your score shows you are definitely on the right track.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user