Boston Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xerostomia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I just received an email from Ms. reed regarding interview confirmation for 18th of Oct 2007.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I just received an email from Ms. reed regarding interview confirmation for 18th of Oct 2007.

congratulations...u seem to be the first one who have received an interview from BU yet...all the best....

Hi,
I too got the mail.My interview is scheduled on the 18th of Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well does any one know what to expect in the interviews.

well i guess i was waiting about my lost part 1 score i guess i have to send them.

I went to BU for med school. My interview was in October, and I got my acceptance in.... I think early February??
I suggest comfortable shoes, since the campus has grown dramatically and I am sure that you'll get a tour - I wound up walking back to my car with my shoes off, and that was over a decade ago.

Questions I would ask if I wanted to highlight everything that was a concern for me while I was there and hadn't known about beforehand:

what are the usual daytime work hours during the preclinical years? How happy or unhappy are you when you compare your lifestyle to your friends at other programs? Where are the clinical rotations located? Is it possible to complete med school here without owning a car? What is the Step 1 pass rate for first time test takers? and finally: Do you think the grading system is equitable given the large number of "nonstandard" pathway students (i.e. SMEDS, master's degree, etc.... students who have already taken some of the medical school courses and thus compete with you for the small percentage of honors marks while taking a much lighter courseload during the preclinical years).

I should also say this: I was absolutely miserable at BU, and I think most of the members of my class were, too. You work really hard. The upshot: when I started my internship and residency, I was much better prepared than my peers who'd gone to school elsewhere and I had a very easy time making that transition. Even as a 4th yr student, when I'd do "away" rotations, folks would breathe a complimentary sigh of relief and say things like, "what a pleasure it is to have a BU student, you guys can do everything!" and it's true. A trial by fire but retrospectively (now that I've been out a while and am not angry anymore) I got a great education.

Did anyone hear from the BU about your missing part 1 scores..? I have been calling them and mailing them but no response yet...

Anyone else who received a call/email from Boston regarding interviews please share.

Are the invitations via email/mail or on phone?
Thanks

Anyone else who received a call/email from Boston regarding interviews please share.

Thanks

I e mailed Ms. Reed about my missing documents... No answer yet... :(

Hi

Hey congratulations on your interview call.can u please share your stats please,all those who got interview call.

hey, congratulations to all those who have got the interview call. I am waiting for one. Hopefully I'll get it too

Hello Friends,
I have received a couple of pvt msgs asking about interviews in Bu..Last year,I had posted all about my experience on SDN.Here's the link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4373389#post4373389

If you have any more questions you all are most welcome to ask.Kindly go thro' the entire thread.Many students who got accepted have posted their experiences there..It will be of help to all.
Good Luck to all of you.:thumbup::thumbup:
See you all next fall :)

Hi,
I too got the mail.My interview is scheduled on the 18th of Oct.

Got a call from BU.Interview scheduled for 25th oct.Anybody who has got a call and interested in exchanging dates???

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from BU.Interview scheduled for 25th oct.Anybody who has got a call and interested in exchanging dates???

Hi: Same situation here.... also scheduled for the 25th.... looking for some way to swap dates... :(

Thanks

I got email from Ms reed.

I got the email today inviting me for an interview on Oct 25th.

hi
i too got a call for 25th
but i want to reschedule it to 18th....
should i miss the uop interview?????????
cause i cannot schedule the boston one later than that as i'm going to my home country.......
please advice......
congrats to everyone who got the call...

hi
i too got a call for 25th
but i want to reschedule it to 18th....
should i miss the uop interview?????????
cause i cannot schedule the boston one later than that as i'm going to my home country.......
please advice......
congrats to everyone who got the call...

Anyone got an idea how to reschedule the interview date.Who should I call.I suppose Ms. Linda Reed does not take the calls.So do I need to talk to the lady who takes the calls, about rescheduling or is there another number where I can contact Ms. Reed directly?

Anyone with similar situation or experience please share.

Thank you

All right finally Ii heard for application compleeete frm BU

heard from BU abt my application being complete.

does anybody knw hw much time they take to process an application ??

does any1 knw hw long the interview wud go??its starting at 9.35 am ,but wen is it ending????

i received my interview call today for nov 15th:).anyone else got da same day.I dont know whether they gonna send da interview call via mail also r jus da email is enough for it.anyone has any idea.

Received Dr. Ashayeri's invitation email today. My interview is scheduled on Nov. 15th.

Good luck.

Received Dr. Ashayeri's invitation email today. My interview is scheduled on Nov. 15th.

Good luck.
Good for you Tahaza :thumbup:... hope you get ur FedEx before then;)

me too got an interview call for the 15 th nov

anyone with interview date on 25th got it changed to an earlier or later date?

I got one on 25th too nd its clashing with the UOP one....:confused:

anyone with interview date on 25th got it changed to an earlier or later date?

I got one on 25th too nd its clashing with the UOP one....:confused:

I had the same problem.... I know they are not taking the calls wich does not surprise me because they say in the e mail that it is difficult to reschedule and I did not want to risk my chances at Bu... so, I will be going for the interview there... I am sure at this point they are tired of people calling with all kind of excuses....
It was a painful decision but I think it was the best...

Hi,
I also got an interview invitation from BU scheduled on Nov 15th via e-mail.

hi friends...
i hve 90 in part 1
do i have a chance at bu?
i'm resceduling my interview at bu from 25th oct to attend the uop one...
i'm guessing i donot have much chance at bu
hope it is the right decision
any advice please......

did u try re- scheduling the interview date?

coz from wat i see in their email nd their not taking up calls... well - wat do we do? UOP or BU interview?

hi friends...
i hve 90 in part 1
do i have a chance at bu?
i'm resceduling my interview at bu from 25th oct to attend the uop one...
i'm guessing i donot have much chance at bu
hope it is the right decision
any advice please......

I dont know why BU is being so strict this time.Last yr..it was so easy for ppl to reschedule..they dint even ask the reason for doing so.
Jayashree...if u could swap dates with someone else....u can ask the school abt it.
My interview is on 25th too.I wanted a later date but i guess will stick to this one.

I dont know why BU is being so strict this time.Last yr..it was so easy for ppl to reschedule..they dint even ask the reason for doing so.
Jayashree...if u could swap dates with someone else....u can ask the school abt it.
My interview is on 25th too.I wanted a later date but i guess will stick to this one.

Hey rtvj, did you talk to them about rescheduling? Did they take you call?
Please, let us know...

For those of you who confirmed interview... Did you get anything in the mail, any kind of information booklet? I don't have anything yet...

No I dint.I was planning to but after reading the posts here, decided to stick to my original date.

Hey rtvj, did you talk to them about rescheduling? Did they take you call?
Please, let us know...

I dint get anything.At least they should send us some notification saying that they received our interview confirmation email.

For those of you who confirmed interview... Did you get anything in the mail, any kind of information booklet? I don't have anything yet...

Congrats everyone for ur calls.
Last yr when I confirmed my interview date I got an email response promptly.Also, 1 week or so later they send us a formal Interview call letter.

Dont worry U'll hear from them soon.Maybe they are busy with viewing other applications..I guess its only MS.Reed all alone handling the files..and sending u all emails.

Or u can call and get ur dates confirmed.
Good Luck.

I got the formal invite thro postal mail yesterday.

OK here comes my first interview from boston. Its on 8 Nov. Who else is coming on that day ??

Hi Indian Dentist,
Congrats &Good luck!
When did you get the mail.
Thanks,
Priya.

hey got my interview scheduled for 8th Nov. too :)

indian dentist and happyteeth36, congrats to u too !!!

Hi Mystiik & Happyteeth36,
Congrats on your interview calls.Good Luck to you both.
Can you tell me when you received your calls,b'coz I'm still wating for mine.
Thanks in advance.
Priya.

hi priya, i received my e-mail today mornin itself n hv replied back to confirm the interview. n dont worry u'll gt urs soon too.

Hi Mystiik,
I gave my exam in old pattern and got 89.Looks like they are considering difference b/w old and new pattern.
Hey thanks for your prompt reply.
Good luck once again.
Priya.

wel i dnt think they are, as i had scored 89 in the old pattern as well

Hey Mystiik... thanx... All the best to u too... and to indian dentist and to all others who have got calls...

Hey priya... dun worry, i'm sure we'll see u there on 8th or may be a week later... but u'll surely get a call... good luck... :thumbup:

wel i dnt think they are, as i had scored 89 in the old pattern as well

hi indian dentist, Mystiik and happyteeth36
even i got a call for nov 8...meet u all there...