Boston University Decisions??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elizabeth1028

busy busy bee
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone know when BU is sending out their next round of decisions? I know last year the letters were sent out at around this time. Anyone have any info? Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

from what they told us, it should be this week or next.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, decisions will not go out until mid to late march.

You called and that's what they told you?? Darn ... I really wanted to hear from them sooner.

Originally posted by Elizabeth1028
You called and that's what they told you?? Darn ... I really wanted to hear from them sooner.

Yeah, that's what they're saying in the admiss. office.

Nope - I'm thinking about calling on Monday though. I'll keep you updated if I find anything out.

thanks, i might call also, but i definitely cant find out about the mail until a day later since it goes to my home address... good luck to everybody waiting!

I thought they said they would notify us in the beginning of March like around the 10th; so when you called they now said that we won't know until the middle or end of March? Is that true?

out of curiousity, did anybody call and confirm the expected notification date with admissions today? I was going to but I'm at work in a different area code and long distance is a no-no.

Just called - they confirmed that it's going to be mid to late March. So I guess we still have a few more weeks of waiting. :confused:

will we be notified by snail mail or e-mail or both? Mid March is next week, so that's not too bad. But, I'm guessing that we won't know until the end of the month.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was admitted to BU during the first round. you'll find out via snail mail only (no email), and it's a large 8.5 x 11 white envelope.

good luck!

Just got a call from my interviewer! The acceptance letter is in the mail!
:clap:

AHHHHHHHHH now I'm gonna go crazy for the rest of the day!!! :scared:

Edik! Congrats!

Mind saying when you interviewed?

Is it pretty common for interviewers from BU to call to tell you that your accepted?

Thanks guys!
I interviewed in late January.
I don't know whether it is common to call. I've never heard of anyone getting a phone call from BU to communicate the acceptance. Perhaps it is up to an interviewer.
I would imagine that given their busy lives, it would take them a while to call everyone anyhow.
The main thing is that the letters are in the mail.
Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for updating us, edik. Now I'll be obsessively checking my email, mailbox, and carrying aorund my phone for the next few days. Anyways, if anyone else hears anything, keep us updated. And congrats again edik!! :)

I am envious of your call. :) Now I'm going to have to be with Elizabeth and obsessively checking my stuff.

I also received a call from my interviewer yesterday who said the letter is in the mail. I interviewed in mid-January.

Good luck to all still waiting!!

Thanks to everyone for the updates, and congrats to those accepted. :clap: So the letters are in the mail? I bet they won't reach Southern California before the end of next week though. :(

congratulations to all of you who were accepted... i hope that no phone call doesn't mean bad news... lol

how many of you who were accepted plan on attending?

Originally posted by kingcer0x
congratulations to all of you who were accepted... i hope that no phone call doesn't mean bad news... lol

how many of you who were accepted plan on attending?
Thanks!
It is quite a possibility for me. BU is a hardcore school, which gives you great clinical exposure as well as a solid scientific background. You'll definitely feel ready for your internship.

so has anyone actually gotten anything in the mail yet???

Don't worry about not getting a call. I really liked my interviewer and sent my interviewer an email. The response was something to the effect of "Got your email. Thanks. Take care."

Just check your mail over the next few days. They are making some offers.

Super Rob, were you accepted at BU?

I didn't know that it was common for interviewers to call. Darn, I never got a call. My interview went well too. He told me that I'll make a fine doctor some day.

got in. again, don't go by the call nonsense... whether or not your interviewer gives you a call, pats you on the back, or takes you out for a beer afterwards is completely arbitrary (probably a good sign if in fact it happens). But, like someone else said, a committee decides your fate and NOT your interviewer.

Post interview, I received the following: brief (like three or four word) email response from my interviewer (who probably had way more important things to do than give me a call), a letter from Dean Witzburg saying it might take a while for a decision, and a couple weeks later, a big white envelope.

I got the BU acceptance yesterday by mail only. No call or email or anything. Anyway, I think i'm gonna decline and go to NYU.

NightTrain, where do you live? I mean, are you in the Boston area? I live in Cambridge, but I didn't get a letter.

I'm guessing all of us should know this week. I'm also planning to go to NYU, but I'd like to have the option to compare these two programs.

Originally posted by nighttrain
I got the BU acceptance yesterday by mail only. No call or email or anything. Anyway, I think i'm gonna decline and go to NYU.

Hmmmm ... I'm in Washington, DC too but I haven't got anything yet. I wonder if that's a bad sign? My mail is pretty slow though ... it seems like I'm always getting things a day or two after everyone else gets them.

Anyways, congrats nighttrain and everyone else who got accepted! :)

I wonder if acceptances were sent out first. Maybe the rejection letters are being sent out after the acceptances. If so, that sucks. But then again, we were competing for only a few seats. I'm happy that I interviewed. Many seats are already given away to link programs. No matter what, we'll find out soon enough.

Baylor vs. BU? I like both places a lot!

Originally posted by bongsen
Baylor vs. BU? I like both places a lot!

i think about 90% of the people responding will prolly answer...Baylor.

Are more BU decisions filtering in, or only acceptances being received right now?

Just wondering if any rejections were sent

I called today and they're still processing applications. I was told that we'll know by the end of the month. We'll be finding out soon. It seems like just acceptances have gone out. I'm guessing that the applicants that they definitely wanted have already gotten sent out. The waitlist and rejections should be in the mail soon. I was tempted to say, "Be straight with me, the acceptances have already been sent out. We're just waiting on your decision to decide between waitlist and rejections."

Considering I"m from NYC and I'm not going to go to BU. I'm taking NYU. I might call and tell them that I no longer want to be considered. I won't get the rejection. Rejection always sucks. I shouldn't care, but I do.

Thanks for the update LP1CW. This kind of stuff makes me so mad. When I was there for my interview day (in early Feb.), I was told over and over again that decisions would be made and mailed by March 10th, that we'd all know by early March, blah blah blah.
And now it's mid-March and they're saying they're still processing applications??? +pissed+

Yes, it can be quite annoying. I'm done being annoyed, though. I have completely retreated into a world of blissful insanity. I don't know how good a doctor I will make in this state, but at least there are no worries here.

hey guys, i remember at my interview that they told us most of the acceptances would be sent out in march, not in the first round in jan, so if we havent gotten a letter yet do you think thats it? i thought a lot more people would get accepted in this round, do you think all the acceptances have been mailed?

I doubt it. I think there are quite a few BU applicants on SDN that would have posted acceptances if they were all given out.

Got my waitlist letter today ... feeling pretty down about it. :( I liked BU a lot when I visited and I was really hoping to get in.

Don't feel down about it. They only give out a few waitlist spots, so there is lots of movement. The Dean said that if you are patient that there is a good chance that you'll be accepted.

dont worry elizabeth youll get in...head up! i havent gotten anything from bu yet since my interview, so im probably getting rejected!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. This whole process has just been so draining. I'm worn out and tired of waiting - I was really hoping for good news from BU and now I just get to wait more. Anyways, good luck to you guys - hopefully you'll hear better news than I did.

Hi Elizabeth, I got my waitlist letter too. I wonder how many people get waitlisted...? I remember Dean Witzburg mentioned that there is some waitlist movement, lets hope we get some good news!

Originally posted by kingcer0x
Hi Elizabeth, I got my waitlist letter too. I wonder how many people get waitlisted...? I remember Dean Witzburg mentioned that there is some waitlist movement, lets hope we get some good news!

Yeah, I remember Dean Witzburg saying that the waitlist is pretty small. I think we might have an ok shot at getting in - I guess it's just a matter of showing strong interest and waiting ...